How can I get a printer driver for Konica Minolta 165e?

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
0
down vote

favorite












Where can I get a printer driver for Konica Minolta 165e on the Internet?










share|improve this question



























    up vote
    0
    down vote

    favorite












    Where can I get a printer driver for Konica Minolta 165e on the Internet?










    share|improve this question

























      up vote
      0
      down vote

      favorite









      up vote
      0
      down vote

      favorite











      Where can I get a printer driver for Konica Minolta 165e on the Internet?










      share|improve this question















      Where can I get a printer driver for Konica Minolta 165e on the Internet?







      drivers printing






      share|improve this question















      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question








      edited Feb 10 at 22:30









      Zanna

      48.2k13120228




      48.2k13120228










      asked Feb 10 at 13:49









      SREEKANTH

      1




      1




















          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes

















          up vote
          0
          down vote













          if one looks for drivers on Open Printing;



          On the Konica Minolta page, I can't see the bizhub 165e mentioned;



          http://www.openprinting.org/printers/manufacturer/KONICA%20MINOLTA



          However there are a lot of bizhubs that folks say work well;



          eg http://www.openprinting.org/printer/KONICA%20MINOLTA/KONICA_MINOLTA-bizhub_1050



          this page links to the postscript driver for Konica Minolta; and also links to a ppd file that one can download; I don't know how fluent you feel with all this; one can set up a driver by pointing Ubuntu to a ppd file; so I would suggest downloading the ppd file for bizhub 1050; then editing it; changing the references to bizhub1050 to bizhub 165e;



          You can see in this link https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-software-2/where-are-ppd-files-stored-gentoo-ubuntu-337393/ that for ppd files




          The database is in /usr/share/ppd.




          and




          installed ppds are in /etc/cups/ppd




          so if you edited the ppd file; saved it to /usr/share/ppd (naming it 165e.ppd or such) then when you set up the printer; by going to ADD in the printers folder; and telling Ubuntu you want to use a ppd file; you point Ubuntu towards your 165e.ppd in /usr/share/ppd and .. it should work ..






          share|improve this answer




















            Your Answer







            StackExchange.ready(function()
            var channelOptions =
            tags: "".split(" "),
            id: "89"
            ;
            initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

            StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
            // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
            if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
            StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
            createEditor();
            );

            else
            createEditor();

            );

            function createEditor()
            StackExchange.prepareEditor(
            heartbeatType: 'answer',
            convertImagesToLinks: true,
            noModals: false,
            showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
            reputationToPostImages: 10,
            bindNavPrevention: true,
            postfix: "",
            onDemand: true,
            discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
            ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
            );



            );













             

            draft saved


            draft discarded


















            StackExchange.ready(
            function ()
            StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1004857%2fhow-can-i-get-a-printer-driver-for-konica-minolta-165e%23new-answer', 'question_page');

            );

            Post as a guest






























            1 Answer
            1






            active

            oldest

            votes








            1 Answer
            1






            active

            oldest

            votes









            active

            oldest

            votes






            active

            oldest

            votes








            up vote
            0
            down vote













            if one looks for drivers on Open Printing;



            On the Konica Minolta page, I can't see the bizhub 165e mentioned;



            http://www.openprinting.org/printers/manufacturer/KONICA%20MINOLTA



            However there are a lot of bizhubs that folks say work well;



            eg http://www.openprinting.org/printer/KONICA%20MINOLTA/KONICA_MINOLTA-bizhub_1050



            this page links to the postscript driver for Konica Minolta; and also links to a ppd file that one can download; I don't know how fluent you feel with all this; one can set up a driver by pointing Ubuntu to a ppd file; so I would suggest downloading the ppd file for bizhub 1050; then editing it; changing the references to bizhub1050 to bizhub 165e;



            You can see in this link https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-software-2/where-are-ppd-files-stored-gentoo-ubuntu-337393/ that for ppd files




            The database is in /usr/share/ppd.




            and




            installed ppds are in /etc/cups/ppd




            so if you edited the ppd file; saved it to /usr/share/ppd (naming it 165e.ppd or such) then when you set up the printer; by going to ADD in the printers folder; and telling Ubuntu you want to use a ppd file; you point Ubuntu towards your 165e.ppd in /usr/share/ppd and .. it should work ..






            share|improve this answer
























              up vote
              0
              down vote













              if one looks for drivers on Open Printing;



              On the Konica Minolta page, I can't see the bizhub 165e mentioned;



              http://www.openprinting.org/printers/manufacturer/KONICA%20MINOLTA



              However there are a lot of bizhubs that folks say work well;



              eg http://www.openprinting.org/printer/KONICA%20MINOLTA/KONICA_MINOLTA-bizhub_1050



              this page links to the postscript driver for Konica Minolta; and also links to a ppd file that one can download; I don't know how fluent you feel with all this; one can set up a driver by pointing Ubuntu to a ppd file; so I would suggest downloading the ppd file for bizhub 1050; then editing it; changing the references to bizhub1050 to bizhub 165e;



              You can see in this link https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-software-2/where-are-ppd-files-stored-gentoo-ubuntu-337393/ that for ppd files




              The database is in /usr/share/ppd.




              and




              installed ppds are in /etc/cups/ppd




              so if you edited the ppd file; saved it to /usr/share/ppd (naming it 165e.ppd or such) then when you set up the printer; by going to ADD in the printers folder; and telling Ubuntu you want to use a ppd file; you point Ubuntu towards your 165e.ppd in /usr/share/ppd and .. it should work ..






              share|improve this answer






















                up vote
                0
                down vote










                up vote
                0
                down vote









                if one looks for drivers on Open Printing;



                On the Konica Minolta page, I can't see the bizhub 165e mentioned;



                http://www.openprinting.org/printers/manufacturer/KONICA%20MINOLTA



                However there are a lot of bizhubs that folks say work well;



                eg http://www.openprinting.org/printer/KONICA%20MINOLTA/KONICA_MINOLTA-bizhub_1050



                this page links to the postscript driver for Konica Minolta; and also links to a ppd file that one can download; I don't know how fluent you feel with all this; one can set up a driver by pointing Ubuntu to a ppd file; so I would suggest downloading the ppd file for bizhub 1050; then editing it; changing the references to bizhub1050 to bizhub 165e;



                You can see in this link https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-software-2/where-are-ppd-files-stored-gentoo-ubuntu-337393/ that for ppd files




                The database is in /usr/share/ppd.




                and




                installed ppds are in /etc/cups/ppd




                so if you edited the ppd file; saved it to /usr/share/ppd (naming it 165e.ppd or such) then when you set up the printer; by going to ADD in the printers folder; and telling Ubuntu you want to use a ppd file; you point Ubuntu towards your 165e.ppd in /usr/share/ppd and .. it should work ..






                share|improve this answer












                if one looks for drivers on Open Printing;



                On the Konica Minolta page, I can't see the bizhub 165e mentioned;



                http://www.openprinting.org/printers/manufacturer/KONICA%20MINOLTA



                However there are a lot of bizhubs that folks say work well;



                eg http://www.openprinting.org/printer/KONICA%20MINOLTA/KONICA_MINOLTA-bizhub_1050



                this page links to the postscript driver for Konica Minolta; and also links to a ppd file that one can download; I don't know how fluent you feel with all this; one can set up a driver by pointing Ubuntu to a ppd file; so I would suggest downloading the ppd file for bizhub 1050; then editing it; changing the references to bizhub1050 to bizhub 165e;



                You can see in this link https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-software-2/where-are-ppd-files-stored-gentoo-ubuntu-337393/ that for ppd files




                The database is in /usr/share/ppd.




                and




                installed ppds are in /etc/cups/ppd




                so if you edited the ppd file; saved it to /usr/share/ppd (naming it 165e.ppd or such) then when you set up the printer; by going to ADD in the printers folder; and telling Ubuntu you want to use a ppd file; you point Ubuntu towards your 165e.ppd in /usr/share/ppd and .. it should work ..







                share|improve this answer












                share|improve this answer



                share|improve this answer










                answered Feb 10 at 22:48









                pdc

                67436




                67436



























                     

                    draft saved


                    draft discarded















































                     


                    draft saved


                    draft discarded














                    StackExchange.ready(
                    function ()
                    StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1004857%2fhow-can-i-get-a-printer-driver-for-konica-minolta-165e%23new-answer', 'question_page');

                    );

                    Post as a guest













































































                    Popular posts from this blog

                    Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

                    How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

                    Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error