Issues with mouse and keyboard

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
1
down vote

favorite
1












I just reinstalled Ubuntu and I'm having some problems with the mouse and the keyboard that I can't solve.



  • Prior to reinstalling the system, if I held any key, the system would repeat it infinitely (for example, I could erase an entire line just by holding backspace). Now it's not working and setting the keyboard settings to "key presses repeat when key is held down" won't help -- it only makes the key repeat for a short time - it then automatically stops working while I'm still holding the key.


  • The mouse is having a similar problem. Before reinstalling, I could could select an entire area of the desktop for how much time I could. Now if I try to do this, the mouse fails and the selection disappears when I'm holding the left button.


Both these features were very useful to me and I can't find any way to bring them back. Can any of you help me?










share|improve this question

























    up vote
    1
    down vote

    favorite
    1












    I just reinstalled Ubuntu and I'm having some problems with the mouse and the keyboard that I can't solve.



    • Prior to reinstalling the system, if I held any key, the system would repeat it infinitely (for example, I could erase an entire line just by holding backspace). Now it's not working and setting the keyboard settings to "key presses repeat when key is held down" won't help -- it only makes the key repeat for a short time - it then automatically stops working while I'm still holding the key.


    • The mouse is having a similar problem. Before reinstalling, I could could select an entire area of the desktop for how much time I could. Now if I try to do this, the mouse fails and the selection disappears when I'm holding the left button.


    Both these features were very useful to me and I can't find any way to bring them back. Can any of you help me?










    share|improve this question























      up vote
      1
      down vote

      favorite
      1









      up vote
      1
      down vote

      favorite
      1






      1





      I just reinstalled Ubuntu and I'm having some problems with the mouse and the keyboard that I can't solve.



      • Prior to reinstalling the system, if I held any key, the system would repeat it infinitely (for example, I could erase an entire line just by holding backspace). Now it's not working and setting the keyboard settings to "key presses repeat when key is held down" won't help -- it only makes the key repeat for a short time - it then automatically stops working while I'm still holding the key.


      • The mouse is having a similar problem. Before reinstalling, I could could select an entire area of the desktop for how much time I could. Now if I try to do this, the mouse fails and the selection disappears when I'm holding the left button.


      Both these features were very useful to me and I can't find any way to bring them back. Can any of you help me?










      share|improve this question













      I just reinstalled Ubuntu and I'm having some problems with the mouse and the keyboard that I can't solve.



      • Prior to reinstalling the system, if I held any key, the system would repeat it infinitely (for example, I could erase an entire line just by holding backspace). Now it's not working and setting the keyboard settings to "key presses repeat when key is held down" won't help -- it only makes the key repeat for a short time - it then automatically stops working while I'm still holding the key.


      • The mouse is having a similar problem. Before reinstalling, I could could select an entire area of the desktop for how much time I could. Now if I try to do this, the mouse fails and the selection disappears when I'm holding the left button.


      Both these features were very useful to me and I can't find any way to bring them back. Can any of you help me?







      keyboard mouse






      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question











      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question










      asked Mar 29 at 1:30









      EgaVS

      88310




      88310




















          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes

















          up vote
          0
          down vote













          I managed to solve the problem by opening a terminal and typing the following:



           sudo su

          echo "blacklist peaq_wmi" >> /etc/modprobe.d/50-blacklist.conf


          After a reboot, everything works fine.






          share|improve this answer




















            Your Answer







            StackExchange.ready(function()
            var channelOptions =
            tags: "".split(" "),
            id: "89"
            ;
            initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

            StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
            // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
            if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
            StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
            createEditor();
            );

            else
            createEditor();

            );

            function createEditor()
            StackExchange.prepareEditor(
            heartbeatType: 'answer',
            convertImagesToLinks: true,
            noModals: false,
            showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
            reputationToPostImages: 10,
            bindNavPrevention: true,
            postfix: "",
            onDemand: true,
            discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
            ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
            );



            );













             

            draft saved


            draft discarded


















            StackExchange.ready(
            function ()
            StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1020137%2fissues-with-mouse-and-keyboard%23new-answer', 'question_page');

            );

            Post as a guest






























            1 Answer
            1






            active

            oldest

            votes








            1 Answer
            1






            active

            oldest

            votes









            active

            oldest

            votes






            active

            oldest

            votes








            up vote
            0
            down vote













            I managed to solve the problem by opening a terminal and typing the following:



             sudo su

            echo "blacklist peaq_wmi" >> /etc/modprobe.d/50-blacklist.conf


            After a reboot, everything works fine.






            share|improve this answer
























              up vote
              0
              down vote













              I managed to solve the problem by opening a terminal and typing the following:



               sudo su

              echo "blacklist peaq_wmi" >> /etc/modprobe.d/50-blacklist.conf


              After a reboot, everything works fine.






              share|improve this answer






















                up vote
                0
                down vote










                up vote
                0
                down vote









                I managed to solve the problem by opening a terminal and typing the following:



                 sudo su

                echo "blacklist peaq_wmi" >> /etc/modprobe.d/50-blacklist.conf


                After a reboot, everything works fine.






                share|improve this answer












                I managed to solve the problem by opening a terminal and typing the following:



                 sudo su

                echo "blacklist peaq_wmi" >> /etc/modprobe.d/50-blacklist.conf


                After a reboot, everything works fine.







                share|improve this answer












                share|improve this answer



                share|improve this answer










                answered Mar 29 at 2:11









                EgaVS

                88310




                88310



























                     

                    draft saved


                    draft discarded















































                     


                    draft saved


                    draft discarded














                    StackExchange.ready(
                    function ()
                    StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1020137%2fissues-with-mouse-and-keyboard%23new-answer', 'question_page');

                    );

                    Post as a guest













































































                    Popular posts from this blog

                    Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

                    How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

                    Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error