How to uninstall a node.js module?

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
1
down vote

favorite












I have a Ubuntu 16.04 server with a Drupal 8.4 site



I want to install Node.js for my site.



1) I connected to my server with root and I entered the following command at the root of my server :



root@vps000000:~# curl -sL https://deb.nodesource.com/setup_8.x | sudo -E bash -
root@vps000000:~# apt-get install -y nodejs


The installation went well.



2) I'm installing now drupal-node.js :



root@vps000000~# npm install drupal-node.js


The problem is that I was wrong location for installing the module drupal-node.js. In effect it should be in the drupal site folder.



I executed the following command to uninstall it :



root@vps000000~# npm uninstall drupal-node.js


The module is uninstalled, but the node_modules folder and the package-lock.json file are still there :



root@vps000000:~# ls
dead.letter drupal.phar installer_la_cle.sh node_modules package-lock.json


Here is the content of the directory node_modules :



root@vps000000:~/node_modules# ls
accepts caseless engine.io hawk media-typer process-nextick-args supports-color
after chalk engine.io-client hoek merge-descriptors proxy-addr to-array
ansi-regex combined-stream engine.io-parser http-errors methods qs tough-cookie
ansi-styles commander escape-html http-signature mime range-parser tunnel-agent
arraybuffer.slice component-bind escape-string-regexp iconv-lite mime-db raw-body tweetnacl
array-flatten component-emitter etag indexof mime-types readable-stream type-is
asn1 component-inherit express inherits ms request ultron
assert-plus content-disposition extend ipaddr.js negotiator safe-buffer unpipe
async content-type extsprintf isarray node-uuid send util-deprecate
aws-sign2 cookie finalhandler is-my-ip-valid oauth-sign serve-static utils-merge
backo2 cookie-signature forever-agent is-my-json-valid object-assign setprototypeof vary
base64-arraybuffer core-util-is form-data is-property object-component sntp verror
base64id cryptiles forwarded isstream on-finished socket.io ws
bcrypt-pbkdf dashdash fresh is-typedarray options socket.io-adapter wtf-8
better-assert debug generate-function jsbn parsejson socket.io-client xmlhttprequest-ssl
bl delayed-stream generate-object-property json3 parseqs socket.io-parser xtend
blob depd getpass jsonpointer parseuri sshpk yeast
body-parser destroy har-validator json-schema parseurl statuses
boom ecc-jsbn has-ansi json-stringify-safe path-to-regexp string_decoder
bytes ee-first has-binary jsprim pinkie stringstream
callsite encodeurl has-cors lodash pinkie-promise strip-ansi


I know how to install drupal-node.js in my drupal site. How to uninstall it completely from my root directory ?



Should he just do rm -r ?










share|improve this question



























    up vote
    1
    down vote

    favorite












    I have a Ubuntu 16.04 server with a Drupal 8.4 site



    I want to install Node.js for my site.



    1) I connected to my server with root and I entered the following command at the root of my server :



    root@vps000000:~# curl -sL https://deb.nodesource.com/setup_8.x | sudo -E bash -
    root@vps000000:~# apt-get install -y nodejs


    The installation went well.



    2) I'm installing now drupal-node.js :



    root@vps000000~# npm install drupal-node.js


    The problem is that I was wrong location for installing the module drupal-node.js. In effect it should be in the drupal site folder.



    I executed the following command to uninstall it :



    root@vps000000~# npm uninstall drupal-node.js


    The module is uninstalled, but the node_modules folder and the package-lock.json file are still there :



    root@vps000000:~# ls
    dead.letter drupal.phar installer_la_cle.sh node_modules package-lock.json


    Here is the content of the directory node_modules :



    root@vps000000:~/node_modules# ls
    accepts caseless engine.io hawk media-typer process-nextick-args supports-color
    after chalk engine.io-client hoek merge-descriptors proxy-addr to-array
    ansi-regex combined-stream engine.io-parser http-errors methods qs tough-cookie
    ansi-styles commander escape-html http-signature mime range-parser tunnel-agent
    arraybuffer.slice component-bind escape-string-regexp iconv-lite mime-db raw-body tweetnacl
    array-flatten component-emitter etag indexof mime-types readable-stream type-is
    asn1 component-inherit express inherits ms request ultron
    assert-plus content-disposition extend ipaddr.js negotiator safe-buffer unpipe
    async content-type extsprintf isarray node-uuid send util-deprecate
    aws-sign2 cookie finalhandler is-my-ip-valid oauth-sign serve-static utils-merge
    backo2 cookie-signature forever-agent is-my-json-valid object-assign setprototypeof vary
    base64-arraybuffer core-util-is form-data is-property object-component sntp verror
    base64id cryptiles forwarded isstream on-finished socket.io ws
    bcrypt-pbkdf dashdash fresh is-typedarray options socket.io-adapter wtf-8
    better-assert debug generate-function jsbn parsejson socket.io-client xmlhttprequest-ssl
    bl delayed-stream generate-object-property json3 parseqs socket.io-parser xtend
    blob depd getpass jsonpointer parseuri sshpk yeast
    body-parser destroy har-validator json-schema parseurl statuses
    boom ecc-jsbn has-ansi json-stringify-safe path-to-regexp string_decoder
    bytes ee-first has-binary jsprim pinkie stringstream
    callsite encodeurl has-cors lodash pinkie-promise strip-ansi


    I know how to install drupal-node.js in my drupal site. How to uninstall it completely from my root directory ?



    Should he just do rm -r ?










    share|improve this question

























      up vote
      1
      down vote

      favorite









      up vote
      1
      down vote

      favorite











      I have a Ubuntu 16.04 server with a Drupal 8.4 site



      I want to install Node.js for my site.



      1) I connected to my server with root and I entered the following command at the root of my server :



      root@vps000000:~# curl -sL https://deb.nodesource.com/setup_8.x | sudo -E bash -
      root@vps000000:~# apt-get install -y nodejs


      The installation went well.



      2) I'm installing now drupal-node.js :



      root@vps000000~# npm install drupal-node.js


      The problem is that I was wrong location for installing the module drupal-node.js. In effect it should be in the drupal site folder.



      I executed the following command to uninstall it :



      root@vps000000~# npm uninstall drupal-node.js


      The module is uninstalled, but the node_modules folder and the package-lock.json file are still there :



      root@vps000000:~# ls
      dead.letter drupal.phar installer_la_cle.sh node_modules package-lock.json


      Here is the content of the directory node_modules :



      root@vps000000:~/node_modules# ls
      accepts caseless engine.io hawk media-typer process-nextick-args supports-color
      after chalk engine.io-client hoek merge-descriptors proxy-addr to-array
      ansi-regex combined-stream engine.io-parser http-errors methods qs tough-cookie
      ansi-styles commander escape-html http-signature mime range-parser tunnel-agent
      arraybuffer.slice component-bind escape-string-regexp iconv-lite mime-db raw-body tweetnacl
      array-flatten component-emitter etag indexof mime-types readable-stream type-is
      asn1 component-inherit express inherits ms request ultron
      assert-plus content-disposition extend ipaddr.js negotiator safe-buffer unpipe
      async content-type extsprintf isarray node-uuid send util-deprecate
      aws-sign2 cookie finalhandler is-my-ip-valid oauth-sign serve-static utils-merge
      backo2 cookie-signature forever-agent is-my-json-valid object-assign setprototypeof vary
      base64-arraybuffer core-util-is form-data is-property object-component sntp verror
      base64id cryptiles forwarded isstream on-finished socket.io ws
      bcrypt-pbkdf dashdash fresh is-typedarray options socket.io-adapter wtf-8
      better-assert debug generate-function jsbn parsejson socket.io-client xmlhttprequest-ssl
      bl delayed-stream generate-object-property json3 parseqs socket.io-parser xtend
      blob depd getpass jsonpointer parseuri sshpk yeast
      body-parser destroy har-validator json-schema parseurl statuses
      boom ecc-jsbn has-ansi json-stringify-safe path-to-regexp string_decoder
      bytes ee-first has-binary jsprim pinkie stringstream
      callsite encodeurl has-cors lodash pinkie-promise strip-ansi


      I know how to install drupal-node.js in my drupal site. How to uninstall it completely from my root directory ?



      Should he just do rm -r ?










      share|improve this question















      I have a Ubuntu 16.04 server with a Drupal 8.4 site



      I want to install Node.js for my site.



      1) I connected to my server with root and I entered the following command at the root of my server :



      root@vps000000:~# curl -sL https://deb.nodesource.com/setup_8.x | sudo -E bash -
      root@vps000000:~# apt-get install -y nodejs


      The installation went well.



      2) I'm installing now drupal-node.js :



      root@vps000000~# npm install drupal-node.js


      The problem is that I was wrong location for installing the module drupal-node.js. In effect it should be in the drupal site folder.



      I executed the following command to uninstall it :



      root@vps000000~# npm uninstall drupal-node.js


      The module is uninstalled, but the node_modules folder and the package-lock.json file are still there :



      root@vps000000:~# ls
      dead.letter drupal.phar installer_la_cle.sh node_modules package-lock.json


      Here is the content of the directory node_modules :



      root@vps000000:~/node_modules# ls
      accepts caseless engine.io hawk media-typer process-nextick-args supports-color
      after chalk engine.io-client hoek merge-descriptors proxy-addr to-array
      ansi-regex combined-stream engine.io-parser http-errors methods qs tough-cookie
      ansi-styles commander escape-html http-signature mime range-parser tunnel-agent
      arraybuffer.slice component-bind escape-string-regexp iconv-lite mime-db raw-body tweetnacl
      array-flatten component-emitter etag indexof mime-types readable-stream type-is
      asn1 component-inherit express inherits ms request ultron
      assert-plus content-disposition extend ipaddr.js negotiator safe-buffer unpipe
      async content-type extsprintf isarray node-uuid send util-deprecate
      aws-sign2 cookie finalhandler is-my-ip-valid oauth-sign serve-static utils-merge
      backo2 cookie-signature forever-agent is-my-json-valid object-assign setprototypeof vary
      base64-arraybuffer core-util-is form-data is-property object-component sntp verror
      base64id cryptiles forwarded isstream on-finished socket.io ws
      bcrypt-pbkdf dashdash fresh is-typedarray options socket.io-adapter wtf-8
      better-assert debug generate-function jsbn parsejson socket.io-client xmlhttprequest-ssl
      bl delayed-stream generate-object-property json3 parseqs socket.io-parser xtend
      blob depd getpass jsonpointer parseuri sshpk yeast
      body-parser destroy har-validator json-schema parseurl statuses
      boom ecc-jsbn has-ansi json-stringify-safe path-to-regexp string_decoder
      bytes ee-first has-binary jsprim pinkie stringstream
      callsite encodeurl has-cors lodash pinkie-promise strip-ansi


      I know how to install drupal-node.js in my drupal site. How to uninstall it completely from my root directory ?



      Should he just do rm -r ?







      16.04 server apache2 nodejs npm






      share|improve this question















      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question








      edited Feb 21 at 16:06

























      asked Feb 21 at 14:12









      1ad9ac48

      63




      63




















          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes

















          up vote
          1
          down vote













          Check out the Marked Answer here



          sudo apt-get remove nodejs

          sudo apt-get remove npm


          Also in the comments carry out some additional clean up



          sudo rm -rf /usr/local/bin/npm /usr/local/share/man/man1/node* /usr/local/lib/dtrace/node.d ~/.npm ~/.node-gyp /opt/local/bin/node /opt/local/include/node /opt/local/lib/node_modules 

          sudo rm -rf /usr/local/lib/node*

          sudo rm -rf /usr/local/include/node*

          sudo rm -rf /usr/local/bin/node*


          HTH






          share|improve this answer




















          • Thank you, but I just want to remove the node-drupal.js module and the node_modules folder that was installed with it. Because they were not installed in the right place.
            – 1ad9ac48
            Feb 21 at 17:10










          • Surely then just sudo rm -rf node_modules from your root directory will do that ?
            – Gary Woodfine
            Feb 21 at 21:50










          • Thank you i did rm -R node_modules what serves -rf ?
            – 1ad9ac48
            Feb 21 at 22:29










          • I have reinstalled the module in the correct directory, but I can not configure it. Maybe you have an idea ? stackoverflow.com/questions/48910412/…
            – 1ad9ac48
            Feb 21 at 22:50











          • rm -rf enables the force remove directory . quick reference cheat sheets I have to be honest I don't really know what you mean by configuring the module ? I thought if you are making use of Node Module it is in an application, so you make use of it in code?
            – Gary Woodfine
            Feb 22 at 9:32











          Your Answer







          StackExchange.ready(function()
          var channelOptions =
          tags: "".split(" "),
          id: "89"
          ;
          initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
          // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
          if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
          createEditor();
          );

          else
          createEditor();

          );

          function createEditor()
          StackExchange.prepareEditor(
          heartbeatType: 'answer',
          convertImagesToLinks: true,
          noModals: false,
          showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
          reputationToPostImages: 10,
          bindNavPrevention: true,
          postfix: "",
          onDemand: true,
          discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
          ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
          );



          );













           

          draft saved


          draft discarded


















          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1008400%2fhow-to-uninstall-a-node-js-module%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest






























          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes








          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes









          active

          oldest

          votes






          active

          oldest

          votes








          up vote
          1
          down vote













          Check out the Marked Answer here



          sudo apt-get remove nodejs

          sudo apt-get remove npm


          Also in the comments carry out some additional clean up



          sudo rm -rf /usr/local/bin/npm /usr/local/share/man/man1/node* /usr/local/lib/dtrace/node.d ~/.npm ~/.node-gyp /opt/local/bin/node /opt/local/include/node /opt/local/lib/node_modules 

          sudo rm -rf /usr/local/lib/node*

          sudo rm -rf /usr/local/include/node*

          sudo rm -rf /usr/local/bin/node*


          HTH






          share|improve this answer




















          • Thank you, but I just want to remove the node-drupal.js module and the node_modules folder that was installed with it. Because they were not installed in the right place.
            – 1ad9ac48
            Feb 21 at 17:10










          • Surely then just sudo rm -rf node_modules from your root directory will do that ?
            – Gary Woodfine
            Feb 21 at 21:50










          • Thank you i did rm -R node_modules what serves -rf ?
            – 1ad9ac48
            Feb 21 at 22:29










          • I have reinstalled the module in the correct directory, but I can not configure it. Maybe you have an idea ? stackoverflow.com/questions/48910412/…
            – 1ad9ac48
            Feb 21 at 22:50











          • rm -rf enables the force remove directory . quick reference cheat sheets I have to be honest I don't really know what you mean by configuring the module ? I thought if you are making use of Node Module it is in an application, so you make use of it in code?
            – Gary Woodfine
            Feb 22 at 9:32















          up vote
          1
          down vote













          Check out the Marked Answer here



          sudo apt-get remove nodejs

          sudo apt-get remove npm


          Also in the comments carry out some additional clean up



          sudo rm -rf /usr/local/bin/npm /usr/local/share/man/man1/node* /usr/local/lib/dtrace/node.d ~/.npm ~/.node-gyp /opt/local/bin/node /opt/local/include/node /opt/local/lib/node_modules 

          sudo rm -rf /usr/local/lib/node*

          sudo rm -rf /usr/local/include/node*

          sudo rm -rf /usr/local/bin/node*


          HTH






          share|improve this answer




















          • Thank you, but I just want to remove the node-drupal.js module and the node_modules folder that was installed with it. Because they were not installed in the right place.
            – 1ad9ac48
            Feb 21 at 17:10










          • Surely then just sudo rm -rf node_modules from your root directory will do that ?
            – Gary Woodfine
            Feb 21 at 21:50










          • Thank you i did rm -R node_modules what serves -rf ?
            – 1ad9ac48
            Feb 21 at 22:29










          • I have reinstalled the module in the correct directory, but I can not configure it. Maybe you have an idea ? stackoverflow.com/questions/48910412/…
            – 1ad9ac48
            Feb 21 at 22:50











          • rm -rf enables the force remove directory . quick reference cheat sheets I have to be honest I don't really know what you mean by configuring the module ? I thought if you are making use of Node Module it is in an application, so you make use of it in code?
            – Gary Woodfine
            Feb 22 at 9:32













          up vote
          1
          down vote










          up vote
          1
          down vote









          Check out the Marked Answer here



          sudo apt-get remove nodejs

          sudo apt-get remove npm


          Also in the comments carry out some additional clean up



          sudo rm -rf /usr/local/bin/npm /usr/local/share/man/man1/node* /usr/local/lib/dtrace/node.d ~/.npm ~/.node-gyp /opt/local/bin/node /opt/local/include/node /opt/local/lib/node_modules 

          sudo rm -rf /usr/local/lib/node*

          sudo rm -rf /usr/local/include/node*

          sudo rm -rf /usr/local/bin/node*


          HTH






          share|improve this answer












          Check out the Marked Answer here



          sudo apt-get remove nodejs

          sudo apt-get remove npm


          Also in the comments carry out some additional clean up



          sudo rm -rf /usr/local/bin/npm /usr/local/share/man/man1/node* /usr/local/lib/dtrace/node.d ~/.npm ~/.node-gyp /opt/local/bin/node /opt/local/include/node /opt/local/lib/node_modules 

          sudo rm -rf /usr/local/lib/node*

          sudo rm -rf /usr/local/include/node*

          sudo rm -rf /usr/local/bin/node*


          HTH







          share|improve this answer












          share|improve this answer



          share|improve this answer










          answered Feb 21 at 17:01









          Gary Woodfine

          1314




          1314











          • Thank you, but I just want to remove the node-drupal.js module and the node_modules folder that was installed with it. Because they were not installed in the right place.
            – 1ad9ac48
            Feb 21 at 17:10










          • Surely then just sudo rm -rf node_modules from your root directory will do that ?
            – Gary Woodfine
            Feb 21 at 21:50










          • Thank you i did rm -R node_modules what serves -rf ?
            – 1ad9ac48
            Feb 21 at 22:29










          • I have reinstalled the module in the correct directory, but I can not configure it. Maybe you have an idea ? stackoverflow.com/questions/48910412/…
            – 1ad9ac48
            Feb 21 at 22:50











          • rm -rf enables the force remove directory . quick reference cheat sheets I have to be honest I don't really know what you mean by configuring the module ? I thought if you are making use of Node Module it is in an application, so you make use of it in code?
            – Gary Woodfine
            Feb 22 at 9:32

















          • Thank you, but I just want to remove the node-drupal.js module and the node_modules folder that was installed with it. Because they were not installed in the right place.
            – 1ad9ac48
            Feb 21 at 17:10










          • Surely then just sudo rm -rf node_modules from your root directory will do that ?
            – Gary Woodfine
            Feb 21 at 21:50










          • Thank you i did rm -R node_modules what serves -rf ?
            – 1ad9ac48
            Feb 21 at 22:29










          • I have reinstalled the module in the correct directory, but I can not configure it. Maybe you have an idea ? stackoverflow.com/questions/48910412/…
            – 1ad9ac48
            Feb 21 at 22:50











          • rm -rf enables the force remove directory . quick reference cheat sheets I have to be honest I don't really know what you mean by configuring the module ? I thought if you are making use of Node Module it is in an application, so you make use of it in code?
            – Gary Woodfine
            Feb 22 at 9:32
















          Thank you, but I just want to remove the node-drupal.js module and the node_modules folder that was installed with it. Because they were not installed in the right place.
          – 1ad9ac48
          Feb 21 at 17:10




          Thank you, but I just want to remove the node-drupal.js module and the node_modules folder that was installed with it. Because they were not installed in the right place.
          – 1ad9ac48
          Feb 21 at 17:10












          Surely then just sudo rm -rf node_modules from your root directory will do that ?
          – Gary Woodfine
          Feb 21 at 21:50




          Surely then just sudo rm -rf node_modules from your root directory will do that ?
          – Gary Woodfine
          Feb 21 at 21:50












          Thank you i did rm -R node_modules what serves -rf ?
          – 1ad9ac48
          Feb 21 at 22:29




          Thank you i did rm -R node_modules what serves -rf ?
          – 1ad9ac48
          Feb 21 at 22:29












          I have reinstalled the module in the correct directory, but I can not configure it. Maybe you have an idea ? stackoverflow.com/questions/48910412/…
          – 1ad9ac48
          Feb 21 at 22:50





          I have reinstalled the module in the correct directory, but I can not configure it. Maybe you have an idea ? stackoverflow.com/questions/48910412/…
          – 1ad9ac48
          Feb 21 at 22:50













          rm -rf enables the force remove directory . quick reference cheat sheets I have to be honest I don't really know what you mean by configuring the module ? I thought if you are making use of Node Module it is in an application, so you make use of it in code?
          – Gary Woodfine
          Feb 22 at 9:32





          rm -rf enables the force remove directory . quick reference cheat sheets I have to be honest I don't really know what you mean by configuring the module ? I thought if you are making use of Node Module it is in an application, so you make use of it in code?
          – Gary Woodfine
          Feb 22 at 9:32


















           

          draft saved


          draft discarded















































           


          draft saved


          draft discarded














          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1008400%2fhow-to-uninstall-a-node-js-module%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest













































































          Popular posts from this blog

          Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

          How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

          Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error