Wifi Not working in Ubuntu 14.04, model: Lenovo Z560

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
0
down vote

favorite












Note: I am not trying to create a duplicate post. I have tried almost all the answers available but they did not work so I am posting this.



I have installed Ubuntu 14.04. I can access internet through wired connection but WiFi is not appearing at all.



I have installed wireless-info script and the output of that script is here.



Here is my system info:



$ lspci -nnk | grep -iA2 net
05:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8101/2/6E PCI Express Fast/Gigabit Ethernet controller [10ec:8136] (rev 02)
Subsystem: Lenovo Device [17aa:392e]
Kernel driver in use: r8169

$ iwconfig
usb0 no wireless extensions.
lo no wireless extensions.
eth0 no wireless extensions.









share|improve this question























  • We see no wireless device at all in your wireless info. Many Lenovo laptops have an option in the BIOS to enable or disable wireless LAN. Is yours enabled?
    – chili555
    Mar 10 at 14:00














up vote
0
down vote

favorite












Note: I am not trying to create a duplicate post. I have tried almost all the answers available but they did not work so I am posting this.



I have installed Ubuntu 14.04. I can access internet through wired connection but WiFi is not appearing at all.



I have installed wireless-info script and the output of that script is here.



Here is my system info:



$ lspci -nnk | grep -iA2 net
05:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8101/2/6E PCI Express Fast/Gigabit Ethernet controller [10ec:8136] (rev 02)
Subsystem: Lenovo Device [17aa:392e]
Kernel driver in use: r8169

$ iwconfig
usb0 no wireless extensions.
lo no wireless extensions.
eth0 no wireless extensions.









share|improve this question























  • We see no wireless device at all in your wireless info. Many Lenovo laptops have an option in the BIOS to enable or disable wireless LAN. Is yours enabled?
    – chili555
    Mar 10 at 14:00












up vote
0
down vote

favorite









up vote
0
down vote

favorite











Note: I am not trying to create a duplicate post. I have tried almost all the answers available but they did not work so I am posting this.



I have installed Ubuntu 14.04. I can access internet through wired connection but WiFi is not appearing at all.



I have installed wireless-info script and the output of that script is here.



Here is my system info:



$ lspci -nnk | grep -iA2 net
05:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8101/2/6E PCI Express Fast/Gigabit Ethernet controller [10ec:8136] (rev 02)
Subsystem: Lenovo Device [17aa:392e]
Kernel driver in use: r8169

$ iwconfig
usb0 no wireless extensions.
lo no wireless extensions.
eth0 no wireless extensions.









share|improve this question















Note: I am not trying to create a duplicate post. I have tried almost all the answers available but they did not work so I am posting this.



I have installed Ubuntu 14.04. I can access internet through wired connection but WiFi is not appearing at all.



I have installed wireless-info script and the output of that script is here.



Here is my system info:



$ lspci -nnk | grep -iA2 net
05:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8101/2/6E PCI Express Fast/Gigabit Ethernet controller [10ec:8136] (rev 02)
Subsystem: Lenovo Device [17aa:392e]
Kernel driver in use: r8169

$ iwconfig
usb0 no wireless extensions.
lo no wireless extensions.
eth0 no wireless extensions.






14.04 networking wireless






share|improve this question















share|improve this question













share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited Mar 10 at 13:40









galoget

2,1062820




2,1062820










asked Mar 10 at 5:46









Mayur Patel

101




101











  • We see no wireless device at all in your wireless info. Many Lenovo laptops have an option in the BIOS to enable or disable wireless LAN. Is yours enabled?
    – chili555
    Mar 10 at 14:00
















  • We see no wireless device at all in your wireless info. Many Lenovo laptops have an option in the BIOS to enable or disable wireless LAN. Is yours enabled?
    – chili555
    Mar 10 at 14:00















We see no wireless device at all in your wireless info. Many Lenovo laptops have an option in the BIOS to enable or disable wireless LAN. Is yours enabled?
– chili555
Mar 10 at 14:00




We see no wireless device at all in your wireless info. Many Lenovo laptops have an option in the BIOS to enable or disable wireless LAN. Is yours enabled?
– chili555
Mar 10 at 14:00















active

oldest

votes











Your Answer







StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "89"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: false,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);













 

draft saved


draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1013589%2fwifi-not-working-in-ubuntu-14-04-model-lenovo-z560%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest



































active

oldest

votes













active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes















 

draft saved


draft discarded















































 


draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1013589%2fwifi-not-working-in-ubuntu-14-04-model-lenovo-z560%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest













































































Popular posts from this blog

Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error