LibreOffice Writer: How to ensure all tables have the same width?

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
1
down vote

favorite












I have an RTF file with 3 tables. The upprmost table and lowermost table were created with Microsoft Word some time ago but when I've added a new table between the two I saw it is discrepant with the other two around it.



I've painted red boxes to visualize the discrepancy I mean to:



enter image description here



My question:



I only aim that all 3 tables will have the exact same width.



How could I set all tables to have the exact same width without the discrepancy I just described?



I ask this because I didn't find a way as available in Microsoft Word: "Set table width to maximal in relation to margin length".



Update - file to test



Here is a file with two tables (link omitted). The first table is the one originated in Microsoft Word (2016), and the second one originated in LO Writer.










share|improve this question



























    up vote
    1
    down vote

    favorite












    I have an RTF file with 3 tables. The upprmost table and lowermost table were created with Microsoft Word some time ago but when I've added a new table between the two I saw it is discrepant with the other two around it.



    I've painted red boxes to visualize the discrepancy I mean to:



    enter image description here



    My question:



    I only aim that all 3 tables will have the exact same width.



    How could I set all tables to have the exact same width without the discrepancy I just described?



    I ask this because I didn't find a way as available in Microsoft Word: "Set table width to maximal in relation to margin length".



    Update - file to test



    Here is a file with two tables (link omitted). The first table is the one originated in Microsoft Word (2016), and the second one originated in LO Writer.










    share|improve this question

























      up vote
      1
      down vote

      favorite









      up vote
      1
      down vote

      favorite











      I have an RTF file with 3 tables. The upprmost table and lowermost table were created with Microsoft Word some time ago but when I've added a new table between the two I saw it is discrepant with the other two around it.



      I've painted red boxes to visualize the discrepancy I mean to:



      enter image description here



      My question:



      I only aim that all 3 tables will have the exact same width.



      How could I set all tables to have the exact same width without the discrepancy I just described?



      I ask this because I didn't find a way as available in Microsoft Word: "Set table width to maximal in relation to margin length".



      Update - file to test



      Here is a file with two tables (link omitted). The first table is the one originated in Microsoft Word (2016), and the second one originated in LO Writer.










      share|improve this question















      I have an RTF file with 3 tables. The upprmost table and lowermost table were created with Microsoft Word some time ago but when I've added a new table between the two I saw it is discrepant with the other two around it.



      I've painted red boxes to visualize the discrepancy I mean to:



      enter image description here



      My question:



      I only aim that all 3 tables will have the exact same width.



      How could I set all tables to have the exact same width without the discrepancy I just described?



      I ask this because I didn't find a way as available in Microsoft Word: "Set table width to maximal in relation to margin length".



      Update - file to test



      Here is a file with two tables (link omitted). The first table is the one originated in Microsoft Word (2016), and the second one originated in LO Writer.







      libreoffice






      share|improve this question















      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question








      edited Mar 15 at 19:16

























      asked Mar 11 at 4:11









      JohnDoea

      23891852




      23891852




















          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes

















          up vote
          1
          down vote



          accepted










          Under Table -> Properties there is a Width setting. Change all three tables to use the same value.



          You could also make adjustments under the Column tab.



          EDIT:



          With the example file, under Table -> Properties for the first table, change Width to 6 " and Spacing / Left to 0.00 ".



          aligned tables






          share|improve this answer






















          • Sadly changing either of these (table-width/column-width/remaining space, etc) as the same, doesn't help. I even tried to clear formatting but still there's the same discrepancy.
            – JohnDoea
            Mar 12 at 14:48










          • What I did in the end was to create 3 empty tables with their LibreOffice defaults and migrate all data to there. The original problem I encountered seems like a bug.
            – JohnDoea
            Mar 12 at 16:46










          • Your approach sounds like a good one. Start with a clean slate rather than trying to fix the original tables.
            – Jim K
            Mar 13 at 13:58










          • I hope you are not sarcastic. I would generally try to fix a problem and not start from scratch. In this case I tried to fix them myself, consult here, and re-fix them, but nothing helped. I reviewed and got to the conclusion it's a bug or a serious User Interface problem which I have no spare time to deal with so I'll just comment here that given the circumstances I started from scratch.
            – JohnDoea
            Mar 13 at 14:59










          • "I hope you are not sarcastic." No, I thought your idea was a good one. Sorry to hear you are not happy with it.
            – Jim K
            Mar 14 at 13:25










          Your Answer







          StackExchange.ready(function()
          var channelOptions =
          tags: "".split(" "),
          id: "89"
          ;
          initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
          // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
          if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
          createEditor();
          );

          else
          createEditor();

          );

          function createEditor()
          StackExchange.prepareEditor(
          heartbeatType: 'answer',
          convertImagesToLinks: true,
          noModals: false,
          showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
          reputationToPostImages: 10,
          bindNavPrevention: true,
          postfix: "",
          onDemand: true,
          discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
          ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
          );



          );













           

          draft saved


          draft discarded


















          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1013785%2flibreoffice-writer-how-to-ensure-all-tables-have-the-same-width%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest






























          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes








          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes









          active

          oldest

          votes






          active

          oldest

          votes








          up vote
          1
          down vote



          accepted










          Under Table -> Properties there is a Width setting. Change all three tables to use the same value.



          You could also make adjustments under the Column tab.



          EDIT:



          With the example file, under Table -> Properties for the first table, change Width to 6 " and Spacing / Left to 0.00 ".



          aligned tables






          share|improve this answer






















          • Sadly changing either of these (table-width/column-width/remaining space, etc) as the same, doesn't help. I even tried to clear formatting but still there's the same discrepancy.
            – JohnDoea
            Mar 12 at 14:48










          • What I did in the end was to create 3 empty tables with their LibreOffice defaults and migrate all data to there. The original problem I encountered seems like a bug.
            – JohnDoea
            Mar 12 at 16:46










          • Your approach sounds like a good one. Start with a clean slate rather than trying to fix the original tables.
            – Jim K
            Mar 13 at 13:58










          • I hope you are not sarcastic. I would generally try to fix a problem and not start from scratch. In this case I tried to fix them myself, consult here, and re-fix them, but nothing helped. I reviewed and got to the conclusion it's a bug or a serious User Interface problem which I have no spare time to deal with so I'll just comment here that given the circumstances I started from scratch.
            – JohnDoea
            Mar 13 at 14:59










          • "I hope you are not sarcastic." No, I thought your idea was a good one. Sorry to hear you are not happy with it.
            – Jim K
            Mar 14 at 13:25














          up vote
          1
          down vote



          accepted










          Under Table -> Properties there is a Width setting. Change all three tables to use the same value.



          You could also make adjustments under the Column tab.



          EDIT:



          With the example file, under Table -> Properties for the first table, change Width to 6 " and Spacing / Left to 0.00 ".



          aligned tables






          share|improve this answer






















          • Sadly changing either of these (table-width/column-width/remaining space, etc) as the same, doesn't help. I even tried to clear formatting but still there's the same discrepancy.
            – JohnDoea
            Mar 12 at 14:48










          • What I did in the end was to create 3 empty tables with their LibreOffice defaults and migrate all data to there. The original problem I encountered seems like a bug.
            – JohnDoea
            Mar 12 at 16:46










          • Your approach sounds like a good one. Start with a clean slate rather than trying to fix the original tables.
            – Jim K
            Mar 13 at 13:58










          • I hope you are not sarcastic. I would generally try to fix a problem and not start from scratch. In this case I tried to fix them myself, consult here, and re-fix them, but nothing helped. I reviewed and got to the conclusion it's a bug or a serious User Interface problem which I have no spare time to deal with so I'll just comment here that given the circumstances I started from scratch.
            – JohnDoea
            Mar 13 at 14:59










          • "I hope you are not sarcastic." No, I thought your idea was a good one. Sorry to hear you are not happy with it.
            – Jim K
            Mar 14 at 13:25












          up vote
          1
          down vote



          accepted







          up vote
          1
          down vote



          accepted






          Under Table -> Properties there is a Width setting. Change all three tables to use the same value.



          You could also make adjustments under the Column tab.



          EDIT:



          With the example file, under Table -> Properties for the first table, change Width to 6 " and Spacing / Left to 0.00 ".



          aligned tables






          share|improve this answer














          Under Table -> Properties there is a Width setting. Change all three tables to use the same value.



          You could also make adjustments under the Column tab.



          EDIT:



          With the example file, under Table -> Properties for the first table, change Width to 6 " and Spacing / Left to 0.00 ".



          aligned tables







          share|improve this answer














          share|improve this answer



          share|improve this answer








          edited Mar 15 at 16:28

























          answered Mar 12 at 13:38









          Jim K

          1,108310




          1,108310











          • Sadly changing either of these (table-width/column-width/remaining space, etc) as the same, doesn't help. I even tried to clear formatting but still there's the same discrepancy.
            – JohnDoea
            Mar 12 at 14:48










          • What I did in the end was to create 3 empty tables with their LibreOffice defaults and migrate all data to there. The original problem I encountered seems like a bug.
            – JohnDoea
            Mar 12 at 16:46










          • Your approach sounds like a good one. Start with a clean slate rather than trying to fix the original tables.
            – Jim K
            Mar 13 at 13:58










          • I hope you are not sarcastic. I would generally try to fix a problem and not start from scratch. In this case I tried to fix them myself, consult here, and re-fix them, but nothing helped. I reviewed and got to the conclusion it's a bug or a serious User Interface problem which I have no spare time to deal with so I'll just comment here that given the circumstances I started from scratch.
            – JohnDoea
            Mar 13 at 14:59










          • "I hope you are not sarcastic." No, I thought your idea was a good one. Sorry to hear you are not happy with it.
            – Jim K
            Mar 14 at 13:25
















          • Sadly changing either of these (table-width/column-width/remaining space, etc) as the same, doesn't help. I even tried to clear formatting but still there's the same discrepancy.
            – JohnDoea
            Mar 12 at 14:48










          • What I did in the end was to create 3 empty tables with their LibreOffice defaults and migrate all data to there. The original problem I encountered seems like a bug.
            – JohnDoea
            Mar 12 at 16:46










          • Your approach sounds like a good one. Start with a clean slate rather than trying to fix the original tables.
            – Jim K
            Mar 13 at 13:58










          • I hope you are not sarcastic. I would generally try to fix a problem and not start from scratch. In this case I tried to fix them myself, consult here, and re-fix them, but nothing helped. I reviewed and got to the conclusion it's a bug or a serious User Interface problem which I have no spare time to deal with so I'll just comment here that given the circumstances I started from scratch.
            – JohnDoea
            Mar 13 at 14:59










          • "I hope you are not sarcastic." No, I thought your idea was a good one. Sorry to hear you are not happy with it.
            – Jim K
            Mar 14 at 13:25















          Sadly changing either of these (table-width/column-width/remaining space, etc) as the same, doesn't help. I even tried to clear formatting but still there's the same discrepancy.
          – JohnDoea
          Mar 12 at 14:48




          Sadly changing either of these (table-width/column-width/remaining space, etc) as the same, doesn't help. I even tried to clear formatting but still there's the same discrepancy.
          – JohnDoea
          Mar 12 at 14:48












          What I did in the end was to create 3 empty tables with their LibreOffice defaults and migrate all data to there. The original problem I encountered seems like a bug.
          – JohnDoea
          Mar 12 at 16:46




          What I did in the end was to create 3 empty tables with their LibreOffice defaults and migrate all data to there. The original problem I encountered seems like a bug.
          – JohnDoea
          Mar 12 at 16:46












          Your approach sounds like a good one. Start with a clean slate rather than trying to fix the original tables.
          – Jim K
          Mar 13 at 13:58




          Your approach sounds like a good one. Start with a clean slate rather than trying to fix the original tables.
          – Jim K
          Mar 13 at 13:58












          I hope you are not sarcastic. I would generally try to fix a problem and not start from scratch. In this case I tried to fix them myself, consult here, and re-fix them, but nothing helped. I reviewed and got to the conclusion it's a bug or a serious User Interface problem which I have no spare time to deal with so I'll just comment here that given the circumstances I started from scratch.
          – JohnDoea
          Mar 13 at 14:59




          I hope you are not sarcastic. I would generally try to fix a problem and not start from scratch. In this case I tried to fix them myself, consult here, and re-fix them, but nothing helped. I reviewed and got to the conclusion it's a bug or a serious User Interface problem which I have no spare time to deal with so I'll just comment here that given the circumstances I started from scratch.
          – JohnDoea
          Mar 13 at 14:59












          "I hope you are not sarcastic." No, I thought your idea was a good one. Sorry to hear you are not happy with it.
          – Jim K
          Mar 14 at 13:25




          "I hope you are not sarcastic." No, I thought your idea was a good one. Sorry to hear you are not happy with it.
          – Jim K
          Mar 14 at 13:25

















           

          draft saved


          draft discarded















































           


          draft saved


          draft discarded














          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1013785%2flibreoffice-writer-how-to-ensure-all-tables-have-the-same-width%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest













































































          Popular posts from this blog

          Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

          How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

          Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error