GRUB menu alternating between two fonts - where to configure? [closed]

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
1
down vote

favorite












The GRUB menu I have, that was created by installing GRUB a few weeks ago on a hard disk from within Ubuntu 17.10, alternates between two fonts, for each second that the timer counts down, and when moving the selection up or down to a different menu option. The menu is perfectly functional, it's just annoying that it redraws the menu in a slightly bigger or smaller font than before every time I press a key.



Where might this behaviour be configured? In my /etc/default/grub file, I don't yet have a GRUB_FONT line. The only changes I've made to my /etc/default/grub file since installing GRUB so far, was to change GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT and GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX to empty string so that I get to see the boot up debugging messages.










share|improve this question















closed as off-topic by Gunnar Hjalmarsson, Fabby, Zanna, Elder Geek, David Foerster Mar 11 at 20:41


This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:


  • "Bug reports and problems specific to development version of Ubuntu should be reported on Launchpad so that developers can see, track and fix these issues." – Gunnar Hjalmarsson, Fabby, Zanna, David Foerster
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.












  • It's a bug which is about to be fixed.
    – Gunnar Hjalmarsson
    Mar 10 at 11:48














up vote
1
down vote

favorite












The GRUB menu I have, that was created by installing GRUB a few weeks ago on a hard disk from within Ubuntu 17.10, alternates between two fonts, for each second that the timer counts down, and when moving the selection up or down to a different menu option. The menu is perfectly functional, it's just annoying that it redraws the menu in a slightly bigger or smaller font than before every time I press a key.



Where might this behaviour be configured? In my /etc/default/grub file, I don't yet have a GRUB_FONT line. The only changes I've made to my /etc/default/grub file since installing GRUB so far, was to change GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT and GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX to empty string so that I get to see the boot up debugging messages.










share|improve this question















closed as off-topic by Gunnar Hjalmarsson, Fabby, Zanna, Elder Geek, David Foerster Mar 11 at 20:41


This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:


  • "Bug reports and problems specific to development version of Ubuntu should be reported on Launchpad so that developers can see, track and fix these issues." – Gunnar Hjalmarsson, Fabby, Zanna, David Foerster
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.












  • It's a bug which is about to be fixed.
    – Gunnar Hjalmarsson
    Mar 10 at 11:48












up vote
1
down vote

favorite









up vote
1
down vote

favorite











The GRUB menu I have, that was created by installing GRUB a few weeks ago on a hard disk from within Ubuntu 17.10, alternates between two fonts, for each second that the timer counts down, and when moving the selection up or down to a different menu option. The menu is perfectly functional, it's just annoying that it redraws the menu in a slightly bigger or smaller font than before every time I press a key.



Where might this behaviour be configured? In my /etc/default/grub file, I don't yet have a GRUB_FONT line. The only changes I've made to my /etc/default/grub file since installing GRUB so far, was to change GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT and GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX to empty string so that I get to see the boot up debugging messages.










share|improve this question















The GRUB menu I have, that was created by installing GRUB a few weeks ago on a hard disk from within Ubuntu 17.10, alternates between two fonts, for each second that the timer counts down, and when moving the selection up or down to a different menu option. The menu is perfectly functional, it's just annoying that it redraws the menu in a slightly bigger or smaller font than before every time I press a key.



Where might this behaviour be configured? In my /etc/default/grub file, I don't yet have a GRUB_FONT line. The only changes I've made to my /etc/default/grub file since installing GRUB so far, was to change GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT and GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX to empty string so that I get to see the boot up debugging messages.







boot grub2 fonts






share|improve this question















share|improve this question













share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited Mar 10 at 13:39









galoget

2,1062820




2,1062820










asked Mar 10 at 11:37









pete

233




233




closed as off-topic by Gunnar Hjalmarsson, Fabby, Zanna, Elder Geek, David Foerster Mar 11 at 20:41


This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:


  • "Bug reports and problems specific to development version of Ubuntu should be reported on Launchpad so that developers can see, track and fix these issues." – Gunnar Hjalmarsson, Fabby, Zanna, David Foerster
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.




closed as off-topic by Gunnar Hjalmarsson, Fabby, Zanna, Elder Geek, David Foerster Mar 11 at 20:41


This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:


  • "Bug reports and problems specific to development version of Ubuntu should be reported on Launchpad so that developers can see, track and fix these issues." – Gunnar Hjalmarsson, Fabby, Zanna, David Foerster
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.











  • It's a bug which is about to be fixed.
    – Gunnar Hjalmarsson
    Mar 10 at 11:48
















  • It's a bug which is about to be fixed.
    – Gunnar Hjalmarsson
    Mar 10 at 11:48















It's a bug which is about to be fixed.
– Gunnar Hjalmarsson
Mar 10 at 11:48




It's a bug which is about to be fixed.
– Gunnar Hjalmarsson
Mar 10 at 11:48










1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes

















up vote
1
down vote













I have found a solution. GRUB isn't supposed to be able to alternate fonts like this, and the fact that it does it is a bug - but, specifically, removing --append from the following line in /etc/grub.d/00_header:



terminal_output --append $GRUB_TERMINAL_OUTPUT


... so that it becomes ....



terminal_output $GRUB_TERMINAL_OUTPUT


... and then running:



sudo update-grub


Worked for me.



Here is the Source.






share|improve this answer





























    1 Answer
    1






    active

    oldest

    votes








    1 Answer
    1






    active

    oldest

    votes









    active

    oldest

    votes






    active

    oldest

    votes








    up vote
    1
    down vote













    I have found a solution. GRUB isn't supposed to be able to alternate fonts like this, and the fact that it does it is a bug - but, specifically, removing --append from the following line in /etc/grub.d/00_header:



    terminal_output --append $GRUB_TERMINAL_OUTPUT


    ... so that it becomes ....



    terminal_output $GRUB_TERMINAL_OUTPUT


    ... and then running:



    sudo update-grub


    Worked for me.



    Here is the Source.






    share|improve this answer


























      up vote
      1
      down vote













      I have found a solution. GRUB isn't supposed to be able to alternate fonts like this, and the fact that it does it is a bug - but, specifically, removing --append from the following line in /etc/grub.d/00_header:



      terminal_output --append $GRUB_TERMINAL_OUTPUT


      ... so that it becomes ....



      terminal_output $GRUB_TERMINAL_OUTPUT


      ... and then running:



      sudo update-grub


      Worked for me.



      Here is the Source.






      share|improve this answer
























        up vote
        1
        down vote










        up vote
        1
        down vote









        I have found a solution. GRUB isn't supposed to be able to alternate fonts like this, and the fact that it does it is a bug - but, specifically, removing --append from the following line in /etc/grub.d/00_header:



        terminal_output --append $GRUB_TERMINAL_OUTPUT


        ... so that it becomes ....



        terminal_output $GRUB_TERMINAL_OUTPUT


        ... and then running:



        sudo update-grub


        Worked for me.



        Here is the Source.






        share|improve this answer














        I have found a solution. GRUB isn't supposed to be able to alternate fonts like this, and the fact that it does it is a bug - but, specifically, removing --append from the following line in /etc/grub.d/00_header:



        terminal_output --append $GRUB_TERMINAL_OUTPUT


        ... so that it becomes ....



        terminal_output $GRUB_TERMINAL_OUTPUT


        ... and then running:



        sudo update-grub


        Worked for me.



        Here is the Source.







        share|improve this answer














        share|improve this answer



        share|improve this answer








        edited Mar 10 at 13:39









        galoget

        2,1062820




        2,1062820










        answered Mar 10 at 12:16









        pete

        233




        233












            Popular posts from this blog

            Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

            How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

            Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error