File Explorer keep opening by itself in Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
0
down vote

favorite












I installed a fresh setup of Ubuntu 14.04 LTS by erasing my full hard-disk. After installation when computer opens, file explorer is automatically opening its multiple windows. Because of that computer becomes slow.



After that I closed all its instances and opened firefox. After some time, again multiple windows of file explorer opened automatically. This can be seen here:



multiple windows shown



Is there any malware infection or any other software issue? Please help!







share|improve this question






















  • Does the same issue occur if you boot from your LiveUSB and use the "Try Ubuntu" environment?
    – user535733
    May 12 at 17:40










  • I did not try that. Will try it too.
    – Sushil Verma
    May 12 at 17:53










  • In "Try Ubuntu" mode, I am not able to open file explorer. But a strange thing is happening: when I opened firefox browser, it is automatically keep opening 'home-page' which is start.ubuntu.com And I am not able to even type or try a URL, as it itself leading to start.ubuntu.com I can see on the left bottom of firefox: "waiting for start.ubuntu.com"
    – Sushil Verma
    May 12 at 18:17










  • That is a very unusual series of problems. Are you sure your hardware and network are working properly?
    – user535733
    May 12 at 19:04






  • 1




    Thanks. It was a keyboard issue. I disabled my built-in keyboard and used an external keyboard. It is not happening now.
    – Sushil Verma
    Jun 10 at 10:15














up vote
0
down vote

favorite












I installed a fresh setup of Ubuntu 14.04 LTS by erasing my full hard-disk. After installation when computer opens, file explorer is automatically opening its multiple windows. Because of that computer becomes slow.



After that I closed all its instances and opened firefox. After some time, again multiple windows of file explorer opened automatically. This can be seen here:



multiple windows shown



Is there any malware infection or any other software issue? Please help!







share|improve this question






















  • Does the same issue occur if you boot from your LiveUSB and use the "Try Ubuntu" environment?
    – user535733
    May 12 at 17:40










  • I did not try that. Will try it too.
    – Sushil Verma
    May 12 at 17:53










  • In "Try Ubuntu" mode, I am not able to open file explorer. But a strange thing is happening: when I opened firefox browser, it is automatically keep opening 'home-page' which is start.ubuntu.com And I am not able to even type or try a URL, as it itself leading to start.ubuntu.com I can see on the left bottom of firefox: "waiting for start.ubuntu.com"
    – Sushil Verma
    May 12 at 18:17










  • That is a very unusual series of problems. Are you sure your hardware and network are working properly?
    – user535733
    May 12 at 19:04






  • 1




    Thanks. It was a keyboard issue. I disabled my built-in keyboard and used an external keyboard. It is not happening now.
    – Sushil Verma
    Jun 10 at 10:15












up vote
0
down vote

favorite









up vote
0
down vote

favorite











I installed a fresh setup of Ubuntu 14.04 LTS by erasing my full hard-disk. After installation when computer opens, file explorer is automatically opening its multiple windows. Because of that computer becomes slow.



After that I closed all its instances and opened firefox. After some time, again multiple windows of file explorer opened automatically. This can be seen here:



multiple windows shown



Is there any malware infection or any other software issue? Please help!







share|improve this question














I installed a fresh setup of Ubuntu 14.04 LTS by erasing my full hard-disk. After installation when computer opens, file explorer is automatically opening its multiple windows. Because of that computer becomes slow.



After that I closed all its instances and opened firefox. After some time, again multiple windows of file explorer opened automatically. This can be seen here:



multiple windows shown



Is there any malware infection or any other software issue? Please help!









share|improve this question













share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited May 12 at 21:00









earthmeLon

5,8131547




5,8131547










asked May 12 at 17:31









Sushil Verma

1




1











  • Does the same issue occur if you boot from your LiveUSB and use the "Try Ubuntu" environment?
    – user535733
    May 12 at 17:40










  • I did not try that. Will try it too.
    – Sushil Verma
    May 12 at 17:53










  • In "Try Ubuntu" mode, I am not able to open file explorer. But a strange thing is happening: when I opened firefox browser, it is automatically keep opening 'home-page' which is start.ubuntu.com And I am not able to even type or try a URL, as it itself leading to start.ubuntu.com I can see on the left bottom of firefox: "waiting for start.ubuntu.com"
    – Sushil Verma
    May 12 at 18:17










  • That is a very unusual series of problems. Are you sure your hardware and network are working properly?
    – user535733
    May 12 at 19:04






  • 1




    Thanks. It was a keyboard issue. I disabled my built-in keyboard and used an external keyboard. It is not happening now.
    – Sushil Verma
    Jun 10 at 10:15
















  • Does the same issue occur if you boot from your LiveUSB and use the "Try Ubuntu" environment?
    – user535733
    May 12 at 17:40










  • I did not try that. Will try it too.
    – Sushil Verma
    May 12 at 17:53










  • In "Try Ubuntu" mode, I am not able to open file explorer. But a strange thing is happening: when I opened firefox browser, it is automatically keep opening 'home-page' which is start.ubuntu.com And I am not able to even type or try a URL, as it itself leading to start.ubuntu.com I can see on the left bottom of firefox: "waiting for start.ubuntu.com"
    – Sushil Verma
    May 12 at 18:17










  • That is a very unusual series of problems. Are you sure your hardware and network are working properly?
    – user535733
    May 12 at 19:04






  • 1




    Thanks. It was a keyboard issue. I disabled my built-in keyboard and used an external keyboard. It is not happening now.
    – Sushil Verma
    Jun 10 at 10:15















Does the same issue occur if you boot from your LiveUSB and use the "Try Ubuntu" environment?
– user535733
May 12 at 17:40




Does the same issue occur if you boot from your LiveUSB and use the "Try Ubuntu" environment?
– user535733
May 12 at 17:40












I did not try that. Will try it too.
– Sushil Verma
May 12 at 17:53




I did not try that. Will try it too.
– Sushil Verma
May 12 at 17:53












In "Try Ubuntu" mode, I am not able to open file explorer. But a strange thing is happening: when I opened firefox browser, it is automatically keep opening 'home-page' which is start.ubuntu.com And I am not able to even type or try a URL, as it itself leading to start.ubuntu.com I can see on the left bottom of firefox: "waiting for start.ubuntu.com"
– Sushil Verma
May 12 at 18:17




In "Try Ubuntu" mode, I am not able to open file explorer. But a strange thing is happening: when I opened firefox browser, it is automatically keep opening 'home-page' which is start.ubuntu.com And I am not able to even type or try a URL, as it itself leading to start.ubuntu.com I can see on the left bottom of firefox: "waiting for start.ubuntu.com"
– Sushil Verma
May 12 at 18:17












That is a very unusual series of problems. Are you sure your hardware and network are working properly?
– user535733
May 12 at 19:04




That is a very unusual series of problems. Are you sure your hardware and network are working properly?
– user535733
May 12 at 19:04




1




1




Thanks. It was a keyboard issue. I disabled my built-in keyboard and used an external keyboard. It is not happening now.
– Sushil Verma
Jun 10 at 10:15




Thanks. It was a keyboard issue. I disabled my built-in keyboard and used an external keyboard. It is not happening now.
– Sushil Verma
Jun 10 at 10:15















active

oldest

votes











Your Answer







StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "89"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: false,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);








 

draft saved


draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1035399%2ffile-explorer-keep-opening-by-itself-in-ubuntu-14-04-lts%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest



































active

oldest

votes













active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes










 

draft saved


draft discarded


























 


draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1035399%2ffile-explorer-keep-opening-by-itself-in-ubuntu-14-04-lts%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest













































































Popular posts from this blog

Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error