Uninstalling netspeed indicator

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
0
down vote

favorite












I have Ubuntu 18.04 and I installed netspeed indicator.
after change width size of this indicator.
I can't launch Ubuntu.



Now I use this code for uninstalling netspeed indicator from Shell:



sudo apt-get install ppa-purge
sudo ppa-purge ppa:nilarimogard/webupd8


but it shows some errors.



Now How can I uninstall netspeed indicator?







share|improve this question






















  • You are purging the information of where the program can be found (the PPA). You are not purging the program name itself.
    – WinEunuuchs2Unix
    May 13 at 14:43














up vote
0
down vote

favorite












I have Ubuntu 18.04 and I installed netspeed indicator.
after change width size of this indicator.
I can't launch Ubuntu.



Now I use this code for uninstalling netspeed indicator from Shell:



sudo apt-get install ppa-purge
sudo ppa-purge ppa:nilarimogard/webupd8


but it shows some errors.



Now How can I uninstall netspeed indicator?







share|improve this question






















  • You are purging the information of where the program can be found (the PPA). You are not purging the program name itself.
    – WinEunuuchs2Unix
    May 13 at 14:43












up vote
0
down vote

favorite









up vote
0
down vote

favorite











I have Ubuntu 18.04 and I installed netspeed indicator.
after change width size of this indicator.
I can't launch Ubuntu.



Now I use this code for uninstalling netspeed indicator from Shell:



sudo apt-get install ppa-purge
sudo ppa-purge ppa:nilarimogard/webupd8


but it shows some errors.



Now How can I uninstall netspeed indicator?







share|improve this question














I have Ubuntu 18.04 and I installed netspeed indicator.
after change width size of this indicator.
I can't launch Ubuntu.



Now I use this code for uninstalling netspeed indicator from Shell:



sudo apt-get install ppa-purge
sudo ppa-purge ppa:nilarimogard/webupd8


but it shows some errors.



Now How can I uninstall netspeed indicator?









share|improve this question













share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited Aug 23 at 18:01









SurvivalMachine

9332517




9332517










asked May 13 at 12:08









amir133

334




334











  • You are purging the information of where the program can be found (the PPA). You are not purging the program name itself.
    – WinEunuuchs2Unix
    May 13 at 14:43
















  • You are purging the information of where the program can be found (the PPA). You are not purging the program name itself.
    – WinEunuuchs2Unix
    May 13 at 14:43















You are purging the information of where the program can be found (the PPA). You are not purging the program name itself.
– WinEunuuchs2Unix
May 13 at 14:43




You are purging the information of where the program can be found (the PPA). You are not purging the program name itself.
– WinEunuuchs2Unix
May 13 at 14:43










1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes

















up vote
0
down vote



accepted










You only removed the PPA containing the program for downloading. You need to remove the program itself:



sudo apt update
sudo apt install remove --purge indicator-netspeed


If that doesn't work you probably need to add back the PPA first (granted I'm not sure on this one):



add-apt-repository ppa:nilarimogard/webupd8
sudo apt update
sudo apt install remove --purge indicator-netspeed





share|improve this answer




















    Your Answer







    StackExchange.ready(function()
    var channelOptions =
    tags: "".split(" "),
    id: "89"
    ;
    initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

    StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
    // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
    if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
    StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
    createEditor();
    );

    else
    createEditor();

    );

    function createEditor()
    StackExchange.prepareEditor(
    heartbeatType: 'answer',
    convertImagesToLinks: true,
    noModals: false,
    showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
    reputationToPostImages: 10,
    bindNavPrevention: true,
    postfix: "",
    onDemand: true,
    discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
    ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
    );



    );








     

    draft saved


    draft discarded


















    StackExchange.ready(
    function ()
    StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1035677%2funinstalling-netspeed-indicator%23new-answer', 'question_page');

    );

    Post as a guest






























    1 Answer
    1






    active

    oldest

    votes








    1 Answer
    1






    active

    oldest

    votes









    active

    oldest

    votes






    active

    oldest

    votes








    up vote
    0
    down vote



    accepted










    You only removed the PPA containing the program for downloading. You need to remove the program itself:



    sudo apt update
    sudo apt install remove --purge indicator-netspeed


    If that doesn't work you probably need to add back the PPA first (granted I'm not sure on this one):



    add-apt-repository ppa:nilarimogard/webupd8
    sudo apt update
    sudo apt install remove --purge indicator-netspeed





    share|improve this answer
























      up vote
      0
      down vote



      accepted










      You only removed the PPA containing the program for downloading. You need to remove the program itself:



      sudo apt update
      sudo apt install remove --purge indicator-netspeed


      If that doesn't work you probably need to add back the PPA first (granted I'm not sure on this one):



      add-apt-repository ppa:nilarimogard/webupd8
      sudo apt update
      sudo apt install remove --purge indicator-netspeed





      share|improve this answer






















        up vote
        0
        down vote



        accepted







        up vote
        0
        down vote



        accepted






        You only removed the PPA containing the program for downloading. You need to remove the program itself:



        sudo apt update
        sudo apt install remove --purge indicator-netspeed


        If that doesn't work you probably need to add back the PPA first (granted I'm not sure on this one):



        add-apt-repository ppa:nilarimogard/webupd8
        sudo apt update
        sudo apt install remove --purge indicator-netspeed





        share|improve this answer












        You only removed the PPA containing the program for downloading. You need to remove the program itself:



        sudo apt update
        sudo apt install remove --purge indicator-netspeed


        If that doesn't work you probably need to add back the PPA first (granted I'm not sure on this one):



        add-apt-repository ppa:nilarimogard/webupd8
        sudo apt update
        sudo apt install remove --purge indicator-netspeed






        share|improve this answer












        share|improve this answer



        share|improve this answer










        answered May 13 at 14:46









        WinEunuuchs2Unix

        34.9k758132




        34.9k758132






















             

            draft saved


            draft discarded


























             


            draft saved


            draft discarded














            StackExchange.ready(
            function ()
            StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1035677%2funinstalling-netspeed-indicator%23new-answer', 'question_page');

            );

            Post as a guest













































































            Popular posts from this blog

            Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

            How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

            Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error