How do I remove an application I installed from gitHub?

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
0
down vote

favorite












I installed an application from GitHub, namely https://github.com/wavexx/screenkey. I installed it with



sudo ./setup.py install


Now I want to remove it.



What I tried so far:



sudo apt-get remove screenkey


Also



locate screenkey


and then



rm -r [the file I found]









share|improve this question



























    up vote
    0
    down vote

    favorite












    I installed an application from GitHub, namely https://github.com/wavexx/screenkey. I installed it with



    sudo ./setup.py install


    Now I want to remove it.



    What I tried so far:



    sudo apt-get remove screenkey


    Also



    locate screenkey


    and then



    rm -r [the file I found]









    share|improve this question

























      up vote
      0
      down vote

      favorite









      up vote
      0
      down vote

      favorite











      I installed an application from GitHub, namely https://github.com/wavexx/screenkey. I installed it with



      sudo ./setup.py install


      Now I want to remove it.



      What I tried so far:



      sudo apt-get remove screenkey


      Also



      locate screenkey


      and then



      rm -r [the file I found]









      share|improve this question















      I installed an application from GitHub, namely https://github.com/wavexx/screenkey. I installed it with



      sudo ./setup.py install


      Now I want to remove it.



      What I tried so far:



      sudo apt-get remove screenkey


      Also



      locate screenkey


      and then



      rm -r [the file I found]






      uninstall github






      share|improve this question















      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question








      edited Jan 28 at 9:15









      pomsky

      23.9k873100




      23.9k873100










      asked Jan 28 at 7:41









      thadeuszlay

      203212




      203212




















          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes

















          up vote
          1
          down vote













          According to this Stack Overflow question you can record python script installed files by sudo python setup.py --record ~/Desktop/installed_files, if you have python-distutils-extra installed. So do:



          sudo apt-get install python-distutils-extra
          sudo python setup.py --record ~/Desktop/installed_files
          xargs -a ~/Desktop/installed_files.txt rm -rvf





          share|improve this answer






















            Your Answer







            StackExchange.ready(function()
            var channelOptions =
            tags: "".split(" "),
            id: "89"
            ;
            initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

            StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
            // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
            if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
            StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
            createEditor();
            );

            else
            createEditor();

            );

            function createEditor()
            StackExchange.prepareEditor(
            heartbeatType: 'answer',
            convertImagesToLinks: true,
            noModals: false,
            showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
            reputationToPostImages: 10,
            bindNavPrevention: true,
            postfix: "",
            onDemand: true,
            discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
            ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
            );



            );













             

            draft saved


            draft discarded


















            StackExchange.ready(
            function ()
            StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1000604%2fhow-do-i-remove-an-application-i-installed-from-github%23new-answer', 'question_page');

            );

            Post as a guest






























            1 Answer
            1






            active

            oldest

            votes








            1 Answer
            1






            active

            oldest

            votes









            active

            oldest

            votes






            active

            oldest

            votes








            up vote
            1
            down vote













            According to this Stack Overflow question you can record python script installed files by sudo python setup.py --record ~/Desktop/installed_files, if you have python-distutils-extra installed. So do:



            sudo apt-get install python-distutils-extra
            sudo python setup.py --record ~/Desktop/installed_files
            xargs -a ~/Desktop/installed_files.txt rm -rvf





            share|improve this answer


























              up vote
              1
              down vote













              According to this Stack Overflow question you can record python script installed files by sudo python setup.py --record ~/Desktop/installed_files, if you have python-distutils-extra installed. So do:



              sudo apt-get install python-distutils-extra
              sudo python setup.py --record ~/Desktop/installed_files
              xargs -a ~/Desktop/installed_files.txt rm -rvf





              share|improve this answer
























                up vote
                1
                down vote










                up vote
                1
                down vote









                According to this Stack Overflow question you can record python script installed files by sudo python setup.py --record ~/Desktop/installed_files, if you have python-distutils-extra installed. So do:



                sudo apt-get install python-distutils-extra
                sudo python setup.py --record ~/Desktop/installed_files
                xargs -a ~/Desktop/installed_files.txt rm -rvf





                share|improve this answer














                According to this Stack Overflow question you can record python script installed files by sudo python setup.py --record ~/Desktop/installed_files, if you have python-distutils-extra installed. So do:



                sudo apt-get install python-distutils-extra
                sudo python setup.py --record ~/Desktop/installed_files
                xargs -a ~/Desktop/installed_files.txt rm -rvf






                share|improve this answer














                share|improve this answer



                share|improve this answer








                edited Jan 28 at 8:19









                Olorin

                1,723619




                1,723619










                answered Jan 28 at 8:03









                Mr.Y

                1507




                1507



























                     

                    draft saved


                    draft discarded















































                     


                    draft saved


                    draft discarded














                    StackExchange.ready(
                    function ()
                    StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1000604%2fhow-do-i-remove-an-application-i-installed-from-github%23new-answer', 'question_page');

                    );

                    Post as a guest













































































                    Popular posts from this blog

                    Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

                    How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

                    Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error