Trouble connecting network while installing Ubuntu 18.04

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
0
down vote

favorite












Am a total novice with Ubuntu. I'm trying to install Ubuntu onto an Asus Vivostick that can no longer cope with Windows 10. I'm installing from a USB stick. I cannot install Ubuntu because the network configuration keeps timing out. I would need to connect Wifi, but the device is not detecting it - something it could do with Windows 10.







share|improve this question




















  • what if you try to install without connecting to the network?
    – Joshua Besneatte
    May 9 at 5:00










  • It just keeps searching for a network. It stays stuck at step 4/9. Says applying network config, gets to 66% and then times out. I've tried connecting a USB wifi dongle, but no luck...
    – Jack Black Anonymous
    May 10 at 5:41










  • during the install there is an option "download updates during install" make sure it is NOT checked and then try shutting off wifi from network menu
    – Joshua Besneatte
    May 10 at 14:40














up vote
0
down vote

favorite












Am a total novice with Ubuntu. I'm trying to install Ubuntu onto an Asus Vivostick that can no longer cope with Windows 10. I'm installing from a USB stick. I cannot install Ubuntu because the network configuration keeps timing out. I would need to connect Wifi, but the device is not detecting it - something it could do with Windows 10.







share|improve this question




















  • what if you try to install without connecting to the network?
    – Joshua Besneatte
    May 9 at 5:00










  • It just keeps searching for a network. It stays stuck at step 4/9. Says applying network config, gets to 66% and then times out. I've tried connecting a USB wifi dongle, but no luck...
    – Jack Black Anonymous
    May 10 at 5:41










  • during the install there is an option "download updates during install" make sure it is NOT checked and then try shutting off wifi from network menu
    – Joshua Besneatte
    May 10 at 14:40












up vote
0
down vote

favorite









up vote
0
down vote

favorite











Am a total novice with Ubuntu. I'm trying to install Ubuntu onto an Asus Vivostick that can no longer cope with Windows 10. I'm installing from a USB stick. I cannot install Ubuntu because the network configuration keeps timing out. I would need to connect Wifi, but the device is not detecting it - something it could do with Windows 10.







share|improve this question












Am a total novice with Ubuntu. I'm trying to install Ubuntu onto an Asus Vivostick that can no longer cope with Windows 10. I'm installing from a USB stick. I cannot install Ubuntu because the network configuration keeps timing out. I would need to connect Wifi, but the device is not detecting it - something it could do with Windows 10.









share|improve this question











share|improve this question




share|improve this question










asked May 9 at 3:21









Jack Black Anonymous

11




11











  • what if you try to install without connecting to the network?
    – Joshua Besneatte
    May 9 at 5:00










  • It just keeps searching for a network. It stays stuck at step 4/9. Says applying network config, gets to 66% and then times out. I've tried connecting a USB wifi dongle, but no luck...
    – Jack Black Anonymous
    May 10 at 5:41










  • during the install there is an option "download updates during install" make sure it is NOT checked and then try shutting off wifi from network menu
    – Joshua Besneatte
    May 10 at 14:40
















  • what if you try to install without connecting to the network?
    – Joshua Besneatte
    May 9 at 5:00










  • It just keeps searching for a network. It stays stuck at step 4/9. Says applying network config, gets to 66% and then times out. I've tried connecting a USB wifi dongle, but no luck...
    – Jack Black Anonymous
    May 10 at 5:41










  • during the install there is an option "download updates during install" make sure it is NOT checked and then try shutting off wifi from network menu
    – Joshua Besneatte
    May 10 at 14:40















what if you try to install without connecting to the network?
– Joshua Besneatte
May 9 at 5:00




what if you try to install without connecting to the network?
– Joshua Besneatte
May 9 at 5:00












It just keeps searching for a network. It stays stuck at step 4/9. Says applying network config, gets to 66% and then times out. I've tried connecting a USB wifi dongle, but no luck...
– Jack Black Anonymous
May 10 at 5:41




It just keeps searching for a network. It stays stuck at step 4/9. Says applying network config, gets to 66% and then times out. I've tried connecting a USB wifi dongle, but no luck...
– Jack Black Anonymous
May 10 at 5:41












during the install there is an option "download updates during install" make sure it is NOT checked and then try shutting off wifi from network menu
– Joshua Besneatte
May 10 at 14:40




during the install there is an option "download updates during install" make sure it is NOT checked and then try shutting off wifi from network menu
– Joshua Besneatte
May 10 at 14:40










1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes

















up vote
0
down vote













Thanks for the suggestions. I did some other reading and checking around - it seems that Ubuntu 14.05 is the most stable and easiest version to install. I have installed it and it is working fine. Thanks.






share|improve this answer




















    Your Answer







    StackExchange.ready(function()
    var channelOptions =
    tags: "".split(" "),
    id: "89"
    ;
    initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

    StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
    // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
    if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
    StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
    createEditor();
    );

    else
    createEditor();

    );

    function createEditor()
    StackExchange.prepareEditor(
    heartbeatType: 'answer',
    convertImagesToLinks: true,
    noModals: false,
    showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
    reputationToPostImages: 10,
    bindNavPrevention: true,
    postfix: "",
    onDemand: true,
    discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
    ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
    );



    );








     

    draft saved


    draft discarded


















    StackExchange.ready(
    function ()
    StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1033839%2ftrouble-connecting-network-while-installing-ubuntu-18-04%23new-answer', 'question_page');

    );

    Post as a guest






























    1 Answer
    1






    active

    oldest

    votes








    1 Answer
    1






    active

    oldest

    votes









    active

    oldest

    votes






    active

    oldest

    votes








    up vote
    0
    down vote













    Thanks for the suggestions. I did some other reading and checking around - it seems that Ubuntu 14.05 is the most stable and easiest version to install. I have installed it and it is working fine. Thanks.






    share|improve this answer
























      up vote
      0
      down vote













      Thanks for the suggestions. I did some other reading and checking around - it seems that Ubuntu 14.05 is the most stable and easiest version to install. I have installed it and it is working fine. Thanks.






      share|improve this answer






















        up vote
        0
        down vote










        up vote
        0
        down vote









        Thanks for the suggestions. I did some other reading and checking around - it seems that Ubuntu 14.05 is the most stable and easiest version to install. I have installed it and it is working fine. Thanks.






        share|improve this answer












        Thanks for the suggestions. I did some other reading and checking around - it seems that Ubuntu 14.05 is the most stable and easiest version to install. I have installed it and it is working fine. Thanks.







        share|improve this answer












        share|improve this answer



        share|improve this answer










        answered May 11 at 15:41









        Jack Black Anonymous

        11




        11






















             

            draft saved


            draft discarded


























             


            draft saved


            draft discarded














            StackExchange.ready(
            function ()
            StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1033839%2ftrouble-connecting-network-while-installing-ubuntu-18-04%23new-answer', 'question_page');

            );

            Post as a guest













































































            Popular posts from this blog

            Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

            How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

            Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error