Share Internet to Ethernet network from wireless connections with netplan

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
0
down vote

favorite












A computer 1 (on Ubuntu server 18.04) is connected through wireless to an access point and through Ethernet to a switch. A computer 2 (resp. 3) is connected to 1 through the switch (resp. the wireless access point).



2 and 3 need to communicate together. So, basically I am trying to a bridge using netplan.



For now, my YAML file is:



network:
version: 2
renderer: networkd
ethernets:
eno1:
dhcp4: true
addresses: [192.168.0.10/16]
optional: true
wifis:
wlp3s0:
dhcp4: true
dhcp6: true
access-points:
"ESSID":
password: "PASSWORD"
bridges:
br0:
interfaces: [wlp3s0, eno1]
dhcp4: true


From 3, I can ping eno1 and wlp3s0; from 1, I can ping no one. Machine 1 is configured with a static IP (192.168.0.5). Without the netplan configuration, 1 and 2 ping each other.



How can 1 and 3 communicate together?







share|improve this question
























    up vote
    0
    down vote

    favorite












    A computer 1 (on Ubuntu server 18.04) is connected through wireless to an access point and through Ethernet to a switch. A computer 2 (resp. 3) is connected to 1 through the switch (resp. the wireless access point).



    2 and 3 need to communicate together. So, basically I am trying to a bridge using netplan.



    For now, my YAML file is:



    network:
    version: 2
    renderer: networkd
    ethernets:
    eno1:
    dhcp4: true
    addresses: [192.168.0.10/16]
    optional: true
    wifis:
    wlp3s0:
    dhcp4: true
    dhcp6: true
    access-points:
    "ESSID":
    password: "PASSWORD"
    bridges:
    br0:
    interfaces: [wlp3s0, eno1]
    dhcp4: true


    From 3, I can ping eno1 and wlp3s0; from 1, I can ping no one. Machine 1 is configured with a static IP (192.168.0.5). Without the netplan configuration, 1 and 2 ping each other.



    How can 1 and 3 communicate together?







    share|improve this question






















      up vote
      0
      down vote

      favorite









      up vote
      0
      down vote

      favorite











      A computer 1 (on Ubuntu server 18.04) is connected through wireless to an access point and through Ethernet to a switch. A computer 2 (resp. 3) is connected to 1 through the switch (resp. the wireless access point).



      2 and 3 need to communicate together. So, basically I am trying to a bridge using netplan.



      For now, my YAML file is:



      network:
      version: 2
      renderer: networkd
      ethernets:
      eno1:
      dhcp4: true
      addresses: [192.168.0.10/16]
      optional: true
      wifis:
      wlp3s0:
      dhcp4: true
      dhcp6: true
      access-points:
      "ESSID":
      password: "PASSWORD"
      bridges:
      br0:
      interfaces: [wlp3s0, eno1]
      dhcp4: true


      From 3, I can ping eno1 and wlp3s0; from 1, I can ping no one. Machine 1 is configured with a static IP (192.168.0.5). Without the netplan configuration, 1 and 2 ping each other.



      How can 1 and 3 communicate together?







      share|improve this question












      A computer 1 (on Ubuntu server 18.04) is connected through wireless to an access point and through Ethernet to a switch. A computer 2 (resp. 3) is connected to 1 through the switch (resp. the wireless access point).



      2 and 3 need to communicate together. So, basically I am trying to a bridge using netplan.



      For now, my YAML file is:



      network:
      version: 2
      renderer: networkd
      ethernets:
      eno1:
      dhcp4: true
      addresses: [192.168.0.10/16]
      optional: true
      wifis:
      wlp3s0:
      dhcp4: true
      dhcp6: true
      access-points:
      "ESSID":
      password: "PASSWORD"
      bridges:
      br0:
      interfaces: [wlp3s0, eno1]
      dhcp4: true


      From 3, I can ping eno1 and wlp3s0; from 1, I can ping no one. Machine 1 is configured with a static IP (192.168.0.5). Without the netplan configuration, 1 and 2 ping each other.



      How can 1 and 3 communicate together?









      share|improve this question











      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question










      asked May 18 at 15:16









      pl-94

      1012




      1012

























          active

          oldest

          votes











          Your Answer







          StackExchange.ready(function()
          var channelOptions =
          tags: "".split(" "),
          id: "89"
          ;
          initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
          // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
          if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
          createEditor();
          );

          else
          createEditor();

          );

          function createEditor()
          StackExchange.prepareEditor(
          heartbeatType: 'answer',
          convertImagesToLinks: true,
          noModals: false,
          showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
          reputationToPostImages: 10,
          bindNavPrevention: true,
          postfix: "",
          onDemand: true,
          discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
          ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
          );



          );








           

          draft saved


          draft discarded


















          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1037810%2fshare-internet-to-ethernet-network-from-wireless-connections-with-netplan%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest



































          active

          oldest

          votes













          active

          oldest

          votes









          active

          oldest

          votes






          active

          oldest

          votes










           

          draft saved


          draft discarded


























           


          draft saved


          draft discarded














          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1037810%2fshare-internet-to-ethernet-network-from-wireless-connections-with-netplan%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest













































































          Popular posts from this blog

          Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

          How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

          Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error