Workspace switching not working

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
0
down vote

favorite












Ubuntu 16.04 all up to date and upgraded, Acer i5, 6-GB, 250GB-SSD



I suspect something has changed in a recent Update or Upgrade.



I cannot change workspaces by clicking on the Launcher icon. Also when I Alt+Tab in any workspace it only shows the current program running in that workspace and a clear desktop as the only two options-- even if all four workspaces have programs running them.



The only way (hot-keys be damned) is to use the divided workspace icon and then select the workspace I want. None of the Alt+keys or Ctrl+Alt+Tab etc work anymore.



How can I get this back to the way it has been working for years?



Thanks







share|improve this question


























    up vote
    0
    down vote

    favorite












    Ubuntu 16.04 all up to date and upgraded, Acer i5, 6-GB, 250GB-SSD



    I suspect something has changed in a recent Update or Upgrade.



    I cannot change workspaces by clicking on the Launcher icon. Also when I Alt+Tab in any workspace it only shows the current program running in that workspace and a clear desktop as the only two options-- even if all four workspaces have programs running them.



    The only way (hot-keys be damned) is to use the divided workspace icon and then select the workspace I want. None of the Alt+keys or Ctrl+Alt+Tab etc work anymore.



    How can I get this back to the way it has been working for years?



    Thanks







    share|improve this question
























      up vote
      0
      down vote

      favorite









      up vote
      0
      down vote

      favorite











      Ubuntu 16.04 all up to date and upgraded, Acer i5, 6-GB, 250GB-SSD



      I suspect something has changed in a recent Update or Upgrade.



      I cannot change workspaces by clicking on the Launcher icon. Also when I Alt+Tab in any workspace it only shows the current program running in that workspace and a clear desktop as the only two options-- even if all four workspaces have programs running them.



      The only way (hot-keys be damned) is to use the divided workspace icon and then select the workspace I want. None of the Alt+keys or Ctrl+Alt+Tab etc work anymore.



      How can I get this back to the way it has been working for years?



      Thanks







      share|improve this question














      Ubuntu 16.04 all up to date and upgraded, Acer i5, 6-GB, 250GB-SSD



      I suspect something has changed in a recent Update or Upgrade.



      I cannot change workspaces by clicking on the Launcher icon. Also when I Alt+Tab in any workspace it only shows the current program running in that workspace and a clear desktop as the only two options-- even if all four workspaces have programs running them.



      The only way (hot-keys be damned) is to use the divided workspace icon and then select the workspace I want. None of the Alt+keys or Ctrl+Alt+Tab etc work anymore.



      How can I get this back to the way it has been working for years?



      Thanks









      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question








      edited Apr 30 at 20:26









      Eranda Peiris

      661416




      661416










      asked Apr 30 at 16:37









      X10WannaBe

      1138




      1138




















          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes

















          up vote
          0
          down vote













          Problem solved. I installed compiz and checked the Desktop-Wall and it is working again. No idea why I have had to install compiz, but it is working as it always has.



          Brute force prevails. :)






          share|improve this answer




















            Your Answer







            StackExchange.ready(function()
            var channelOptions =
            tags: "".split(" "),
            id: "89"
            ;
            initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

            StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
            // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
            if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
            StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
            createEditor();
            );

            else
            createEditor();

            );

            function createEditor()
            StackExchange.prepareEditor(
            heartbeatType: 'answer',
            convertImagesToLinks: true,
            noModals: false,
            showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
            reputationToPostImages: 10,
            bindNavPrevention: true,
            postfix: "",
            onDemand: true,
            discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
            ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
            );



            );








             

            draft saved


            draft discarded


















            StackExchange.ready(
            function ()
            StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1030213%2fworkspace-switching-not-working%23new-answer', 'question_page');

            );

            Post as a guest






























            1 Answer
            1






            active

            oldest

            votes








            1 Answer
            1






            active

            oldest

            votes









            active

            oldest

            votes






            active

            oldest

            votes








            up vote
            0
            down vote













            Problem solved. I installed compiz and checked the Desktop-Wall and it is working again. No idea why I have had to install compiz, but it is working as it always has.



            Brute force prevails. :)






            share|improve this answer
























              up vote
              0
              down vote













              Problem solved. I installed compiz and checked the Desktop-Wall and it is working again. No idea why I have had to install compiz, but it is working as it always has.



              Brute force prevails. :)






              share|improve this answer






















                up vote
                0
                down vote










                up vote
                0
                down vote









                Problem solved. I installed compiz and checked the Desktop-Wall and it is working again. No idea why I have had to install compiz, but it is working as it always has.



                Brute force prevails. :)






                share|improve this answer












                Problem solved. I installed compiz and checked the Desktop-Wall and it is working again. No idea why I have had to install compiz, but it is working as it always has.



                Brute force prevails. :)







                share|improve this answer












                share|improve this answer



                share|improve this answer










                answered Apr 30 at 17:20









                X10WannaBe

                1138




                1138






















                     

                    draft saved


                    draft discarded


























                     


                    draft saved


                    draft discarded














                    StackExchange.ready(
                    function ()
                    StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1030213%2fworkspace-switching-not-working%23new-answer', 'question_page');

                    );

                    Post as a guest













































































                    Popular posts from this blog

                    Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

                    How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

                    Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error