How to have the ANT video downloader extension work on newest ubuntu+firefox

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
0
down vote

favorite












I have been using the ANT video downloader extension in firefox since years. I just installed ubuntu mate 18.04 with latest firefox and after installing the extension I am asked to install a native app that is a .msi file and can't be open in ubuntu with any program. Any solutions?



Thank you







share|improve this question
























    up vote
    0
    down vote

    favorite












    I have been using the ANT video downloader extension in firefox since years. I just installed ubuntu mate 18.04 with latest firefox and after installing the extension I am asked to install a native app that is a .msi file and can't be open in ubuntu with any program. Any solutions?



    Thank you







    share|improve this question






















      up vote
      0
      down vote

      favorite









      up vote
      0
      down vote

      favorite











      I have been using the ANT video downloader extension in firefox since years. I just installed ubuntu mate 18.04 with latest firefox and after installing the extension I am asked to install a native app that is a .msi file and can't be open in ubuntu with any program. Any solutions?



      Thank you







      share|improve this question












      I have been using the ANT video downloader extension in firefox since years. I just installed ubuntu mate 18.04 with latest firefox and after installing the extension I am asked to install a native app that is a .msi file and can't be open in ubuntu with any program. Any solutions?



      Thank you









      share|improve this question











      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question










      asked Apr 30 at 18:37









      michael

      6319




      6319




















          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes

















          up vote
          1
          down vote













          As mentioned on their website, the current version extension (3.x for FF57 and later) only supports Windows (the reason for the .msi file). A Linux release is planned but not yet.



          To use on Linux, you need to use the old extension version 2.x and FF56 or lower. I use FF52esr to keep up on security updates.



          Some additional explanation is here - ABOUT THE NEW ANT VIDEO DOWNLOADER 3.0 .



          Previous versions of the extension are here: Ant Video Downloader Version History.






          share|improve this answer






















          • Ok, I can understand that but how can I install the older versions? Which commands do I need to put into the terminal? Thank you for helping me out because it is so complicated for me....
            – michael
            May 2 at 16:07










          • I added a link to the previous versions. Install the same as other add-ons.
            – user3169
            May 2 at 18:05










          Your Answer







          StackExchange.ready(function()
          var channelOptions =
          tags: "".split(" "),
          id: "89"
          ;
          initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
          // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
          if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
          createEditor();
          );

          else
          createEditor();

          );

          function createEditor()
          StackExchange.prepareEditor(
          heartbeatType: 'answer',
          convertImagesToLinks: true,
          noModals: false,
          showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
          reputationToPostImages: 10,
          bindNavPrevention: true,
          postfix: "",
          onDemand: true,
          discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
          ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
          );



          );








           

          draft saved


          draft discarded


















          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1030260%2fhow-to-have-the-ant-video-downloader-extension-work-on-newest-ubuntufirefox%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest






























          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes








          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes









          active

          oldest

          votes






          active

          oldest

          votes








          up vote
          1
          down vote













          As mentioned on their website, the current version extension (3.x for FF57 and later) only supports Windows (the reason for the .msi file). A Linux release is planned but not yet.



          To use on Linux, you need to use the old extension version 2.x and FF56 or lower. I use FF52esr to keep up on security updates.



          Some additional explanation is here - ABOUT THE NEW ANT VIDEO DOWNLOADER 3.0 .



          Previous versions of the extension are here: Ant Video Downloader Version History.






          share|improve this answer






















          • Ok, I can understand that but how can I install the older versions? Which commands do I need to put into the terminal? Thank you for helping me out because it is so complicated for me....
            – michael
            May 2 at 16:07










          • I added a link to the previous versions. Install the same as other add-ons.
            – user3169
            May 2 at 18:05














          up vote
          1
          down vote













          As mentioned on their website, the current version extension (3.x for FF57 and later) only supports Windows (the reason for the .msi file). A Linux release is planned but not yet.



          To use on Linux, you need to use the old extension version 2.x and FF56 or lower. I use FF52esr to keep up on security updates.



          Some additional explanation is here - ABOUT THE NEW ANT VIDEO DOWNLOADER 3.0 .



          Previous versions of the extension are here: Ant Video Downloader Version History.






          share|improve this answer






















          • Ok, I can understand that but how can I install the older versions? Which commands do I need to put into the terminal? Thank you for helping me out because it is so complicated for me....
            – michael
            May 2 at 16:07










          • I added a link to the previous versions. Install the same as other add-ons.
            – user3169
            May 2 at 18:05












          up vote
          1
          down vote










          up vote
          1
          down vote









          As mentioned on their website, the current version extension (3.x for FF57 and later) only supports Windows (the reason for the .msi file). A Linux release is planned but not yet.



          To use on Linux, you need to use the old extension version 2.x and FF56 or lower. I use FF52esr to keep up on security updates.



          Some additional explanation is here - ABOUT THE NEW ANT VIDEO DOWNLOADER 3.0 .



          Previous versions of the extension are here: Ant Video Downloader Version History.






          share|improve this answer














          As mentioned on their website, the current version extension (3.x for FF57 and later) only supports Windows (the reason for the .msi file). A Linux release is planned but not yet.



          To use on Linux, you need to use the old extension version 2.x and FF56 or lower. I use FF52esr to keep up on security updates.



          Some additional explanation is here - ABOUT THE NEW ANT VIDEO DOWNLOADER 3.0 .



          Previous versions of the extension are here: Ant Video Downloader Version History.







          share|improve this answer














          share|improve this answer



          share|improve this answer








          edited May 2 at 18:03

























          answered May 1 at 6:01









          user3169

          1761110




          1761110











          • Ok, I can understand that but how can I install the older versions? Which commands do I need to put into the terminal? Thank you for helping me out because it is so complicated for me....
            – michael
            May 2 at 16:07










          • I added a link to the previous versions. Install the same as other add-ons.
            – user3169
            May 2 at 18:05
















          • Ok, I can understand that but how can I install the older versions? Which commands do I need to put into the terminal? Thank you for helping me out because it is so complicated for me....
            – michael
            May 2 at 16:07










          • I added a link to the previous versions. Install the same as other add-ons.
            – user3169
            May 2 at 18:05















          Ok, I can understand that but how can I install the older versions? Which commands do I need to put into the terminal? Thank you for helping me out because it is so complicated for me....
          – michael
          May 2 at 16:07




          Ok, I can understand that but how can I install the older versions? Which commands do I need to put into the terminal? Thank you for helping me out because it is so complicated for me....
          – michael
          May 2 at 16:07












          I added a link to the previous versions. Install the same as other add-ons.
          – user3169
          May 2 at 18:05




          I added a link to the previous versions. Install the same as other add-ons.
          – user3169
          May 2 at 18:05












           

          draft saved


          draft discarded


























           


          draft saved


          draft discarded














          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1030260%2fhow-to-have-the-ant-video-downloader-extension-work-on-newest-ubuntufirefox%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest













































































          Popular posts from this blog

          Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

          How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

          Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error