How to use tesseract to convert to PDF with multiple languages

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
1
down vote

favorite












I'm trying to ocr a pdf document in tesseract that has Greek and English text.



I converted the files to tiff since tesseract can't input pdf



tesseract file.tiff output -l eng+osd+ell


Gives me no errors, but it is in a text document I need it in PDF with the image of the document



So I use:



tesseract file.tiff output pdf -l eng+osd+ell


But I get the following error:



read params file: Can't open l 
read params file: Can't open eng+osd+ell


Tesseract is only allowing me to convert pdf in English only and keep the image but with text document it does English, osd, and Greek, but now I lose the picture contained in the pdf/tiff. How do I get it to convert to pdf with multiple languages?







share|improve this question


























    up vote
    1
    down vote

    favorite












    I'm trying to ocr a pdf document in tesseract that has Greek and English text.



    I converted the files to tiff since tesseract can't input pdf



    tesseract file.tiff output -l eng+osd+ell


    Gives me no errors, but it is in a text document I need it in PDF with the image of the document



    So I use:



    tesseract file.tiff output pdf -l eng+osd+ell


    But I get the following error:



    read params file: Can't open l 
    read params file: Can't open eng+osd+ell


    Tesseract is only allowing me to convert pdf in English only and keep the image but with text document it does English, osd, and Greek, but now I lose the picture contained in the pdf/tiff. How do I get it to convert to pdf with multiple languages?







    share|improve this question
























      up vote
      1
      down vote

      favorite









      up vote
      1
      down vote

      favorite











      I'm trying to ocr a pdf document in tesseract that has Greek and English text.



      I converted the files to tiff since tesseract can't input pdf



      tesseract file.tiff output -l eng+osd+ell


      Gives me no errors, but it is in a text document I need it in PDF with the image of the document



      So I use:



      tesseract file.tiff output pdf -l eng+osd+ell


      But I get the following error:



      read params file: Can't open l 
      read params file: Can't open eng+osd+ell


      Tesseract is only allowing me to convert pdf in English only and keep the image but with text document it does English, osd, and Greek, but now I lose the picture contained in the pdf/tiff. How do I get it to convert to pdf with multiple languages?







      share|improve this question














      I'm trying to ocr a pdf document in tesseract that has Greek and English text.



      I converted the files to tiff since tesseract can't input pdf



      tesseract file.tiff output -l eng+osd+ell


      Gives me no errors, but it is in a text document I need it in PDF with the image of the document



      So I use:



      tesseract file.tiff output pdf -l eng+osd+ell


      But I get the following error:



      read params file: Can't open l 
      read params file: Can't open eng+osd+ell


      Tesseract is only allowing me to convert pdf in English only and keep the image but with text document it does English, osd, and Greek, but now I lose the picture contained in the pdf/tiff. How do I get it to convert to pdf with multiple languages?









      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question








      edited May 16 at 2:24









      ubashu

      2,23221736




      2,23221736










      asked May 16 at 0:46









      samuel195

      62




      62

























          active

          oldest

          votes











          Your Answer







          StackExchange.ready(function()
          var channelOptions =
          tags: "".split(" "),
          id: "89"
          ;
          initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
          // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
          if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
          createEditor();
          );

          else
          createEditor();

          );

          function createEditor()
          StackExchange.prepareEditor(
          heartbeatType: 'answer',
          convertImagesToLinks: true,
          noModals: false,
          showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
          reputationToPostImages: 10,
          bindNavPrevention: true,
          postfix: "",
          onDemand: true,
          discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
          ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
          );



          );








           

          draft saved


          draft discarded


















          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1036752%2fhow-to-use-tesseract-to-convert-to-pdf-with-multiple-languages%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest



































          active

          oldest

          votes













          active

          oldest

          votes









          active

          oldest

          votes






          active

          oldest

          votes










           

          draft saved


          draft discarded


























           


          draft saved


          draft discarded














          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1036752%2fhow-to-use-tesseract-to-convert-to-pdf-with-multiple-languages%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest













































































          Popular posts from this blog

          Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

          How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

          Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error