How to use extra monitors as workspaces in Ubuntu mate 17.10

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
1
down vote

favorite












I just purchased a second monitor, and I want to be able to use it. The only issue is that the current system I have treats the new monitor as an extension of my laptop monitor. What I want is a way to have each monitor act as a workspace. I'll try to describe it. Say [x] is my laptop monitor, and y is my external monitor. I have 4 workspaces, 1,2,3,4. when I start out, it would look like [1],2,3,4. When I do the keyboard shortcut to go right, it would change to 1,[2],3,4, moving along the line. Is there any way to do what I've described? I'm on Ubuntu Mate 17.10. Cheers!







share|improve this question
















  • 1




    There are several references to Workspaces and monitors in the frame on the right of this page. One of them includes this: Two different workspaces for two monitors
    – L. D. James
    May 17 at 3:08










  • I already saw that one, and my issue is that Displays no longer has that option in 17.10.
    – M. Loewenthal
    May 17 at 17:11














up vote
1
down vote

favorite












I just purchased a second monitor, and I want to be able to use it. The only issue is that the current system I have treats the new monitor as an extension of my laptop monitor. What I want is a way to have each monitor act as a workspace. I'll try to describe it. Say [x] is my laptop monitor, and y is my external monitor. I have 4 workspaces, 1,2,3,4. when I start out, it would look like [1],2,3,4. When I do the keyboard shortcut to go right, it would change to 1,[2],3,4, moving along the line. Is there any way to do what I've described? I'm on Ubuntu Mate 17.10. Cheers!







share|improve this question
















  • 1




    There are several references to Workspaces and monitors in the frame on the right of this page. One of them includes this: Two different workspaces for two monitors
    – L. D. James
    May 17 at 3:08










  • I already saw that one, and my issue is that Displays no longer has that option in 17.10.
    – M. Loewenthal
    May 17 at 17:11












up vote
1
down vote

favorite









up vote
1
down vote

favorite











I just purchased a second monitor, and I want to be able to use it. The only issue is that the current system I have treats the new monitor as an extension of my laptop monitor. What I want is a way to have each monitor act as a workspace. I'll try to describe it. Say [x] is my laptop monitor, and y is my external monitor. I have 4 workspaces, 1,2,3,4. when I start out, it would look like [1],2,3,4. When I do the keyboard shortcut to go right, it would change to 1,[2],3,4, moving along the line. Is there any way to do what I've described? I'm on Ubuntu Mate 17.10. Cheers!







share|improve this question












I just purchased a second monitor, and I want to be able to use it. The only issue is that the current system I have treats the new monitor as an extension of my laptop monitor. What I want is a way to have each monitor act as a workspace. I'll try to describe it. Say [x] is my laptop monitor, and y is my external monitor. I have 4 workspaces, 1,2,3,4. when I start out, it would look like [1],2,3,4. When I do the keyboard shortcut to go right, it would change to 1,[2],3,4, moving along the line. Is there any way to do what I've described? I'm on Ubuntu Mate 17.10. Cheers!









share|improve this question











share|improve this question




share|improve this question










asked May 16 at 23:46









M. Loewenthal

705




705







  • 1




    There are several references to Workspaces and monitors in the frame on the right of this page. One of them includes this: Two different workspaces for two monitors
    – L. D. James
    May 17 at 3:08










  • I already saw that one, and my issue is that Displays no longer has that option in 17.10.
    – M. Loewenthal
    May 17 at 17:11












  • 1




    There are several references to Workspaces and monitors in the frame on the right of this page. One of them includes this: Two different workspaces for two monitors
    – L. D. James
    May 17 at 3:08










  • I already saw that one, and my issue is that Displays no longer has that option in 17.10.
    – M. Loewenthal
    May 17 at 17:11







1




1




There are several references to Workspaces and monitors in the frame on the right of this page. One of them includes this: Two different workspaces for two monitors
– L. D. James
May 17 at 3:08




There are several references to Workspaces and monitors in the frame on the right of this page. One of them includes this: Two different workspaces for two monitors
– L. D. James
May 17 at 3:08












I already saw that one, and my issue is that Displays no longer has that option in 17.10.
– M. Loewenthal
May 17 at 17:11




I already saw that one, and my issue is that Displays no longer has that option in 17.10.
– M. Loewenthal
May 17 at 17:11















active

oldest

votes











Your Answer







StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "89"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: false,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);








 

draft saved


draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1037172%2fhow-to-use-extra-monitors-as-workspaces-in-ubuntu-mate-17-10%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest



































active

oldest

votes













active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes










 

draft saved


draft discarded


























 


draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1037172%2fhow-to-use-extra-monitors-as-workspaces-in-ubuntu-mate-17-10%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest













































































Popular posts from this blog

Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error