Canon irADV-C3525i is not printing though drivers are installed

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
0
down vote

favorite












So let's clarify, I have already installed the drivers a number of times, I have used CQUE, I have used CUPS and everything seems fine. In addition to this, the printer has been picked up on "Wifi" it is attached to the right IP address, but when I try to print out from it, it doesn't bring up an Authentication prompt like in Windows.



JUST TO CLARIFY, I AM NOT ADMIN. I have no access to the configuration of the printer itself. My credentials and stuff are on the printer already. By this, I mean that I have a username and password to use it. However, I am not getting the Authentication prompt that I need, so the printer just disregards the requests.







share|improve this question


























    up vote
    0
    down vote

    favorite












    So let's clarify, I have already installed the drivers a number of times, I have used CQUE, I have used CUPS and everything seems fine. In addition to this, the printer has been picked up on "Wifi" it is attached to the right IP address, but when I try to print out from it, it doesn't bring up an Authentication prompt like in Windows.



    JUST TO CLARIFY, I AM NOT ADMIN. I have no access to the configuration of the printer itself. My credentials and stuff are on the printer already. By this, I mean that I have a username and password to use it. However, I am not getting the Authentication prompt that I need, so the printer just disregards the requests.







    share|improve this question
























      up vote
      0
      down vote

      favorite









      up vote
      0
      down vote

      favorite











      So let's clarify, I have already installed the drivers a number of times, I have used CQUE, I have used CUPS and everything seems fine. In addition to this, the printer has been picked up on "Wifi" it is attached to the right IP address, but when I try to print out from it, it doesn't bring up an Authentication prompt like in Windows.



      JUST TO CLARIFY, I AM NOT ADMIN. I have no access to the configuration of the printer itself. My credentials and stuff are on the printer already. By this, I mean that I have a username and password to use it. However, I am not getting the Authentication prompt that I need, so the printer just disregards the requests.







      share|improve this question














      So let's clarify, I have already installed the drivers a number of times, I have used CQUE, I have used CUPS and everything seems fine. In addition to this, the printer has been picked up on "Wifi" it is attached to the right IP address, but when I try to print out from it, it doesn't bring up an Authentication prompt like in Windows.



      JUST TO CLARIFY, I AM NOT ADMIN. I have no access to the configuration of the printer itself. My credentials and stuff are on the printer already. By this, I mean that I have a username and password to use it. However, I am not getting the Authentication prompt that I need, so the printer just disregards the requests.









      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question








      edited May 16 at 3:47









      Olimjon

      1,852423




      1,852423










      asked May 15 at 19:35









      Crytach Dark

      1




      1




















          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes

















          up vote
          0
          down vote













          when I look on the Canon site, they recommend their UFR driver; that was released 8th Feb 2018 as the right driver. http://support-asia.canon-asia.com/contents/ASIA/EN/0100924010.html and it comes down as linux-UFRII-drv-v350-uken.tar.gz
          so to install the commands would be



          cd Downloads
          tar -zxvf linux-UFRII-drv-v350-uken.tar.gz
          cd linux-UFRII-drv-v350-uken
          sudo ./install.sh


          sounds like your are happy with the other driver but I thought to mention what Canon would recommend






          share|improve this answer




















            Your Answer







            StackExchange.ready(function()
            var channelOptions =
            tags: "".split(" "),
            id: "89"
            ;
            initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

            StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
            // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
            if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
            StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
            createEditor();
            );

            else
            createEditor();

            );

            function createEditor()
            StackExchange.prepareEditor(
            heartbeatType: 'answer',
            convertImagesToLinks: true,
            noModals: false,
            showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
            reputationToPostImages: 10,
            bindNavPrevention: true,
            postfix: "",
            onDemand: true,
            discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
            ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
            );



            );








             

            draft saved


            draft discarded


















            StackExchange.ready(
            function ()
            StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1036679%2fcanon-iradv-c3525i-is-not-printing-though-drivers-are-installed%23new-answer', 'question_page');

            );

            Post as a guest






























            1 Answer
            1






            active

            oldest

            votes








            1 Answer
            1






            active

            oldest

            votes









            active

            oldest

            votes






            active

            oldest

            votes








            up vote
            0
            down vote













            when I look on the Canon site, they recommend their UFR driver; that was released 8th Feb 2018 as the right driver. http://support-asia.canon-asia.com/contents/ASIA/EN/0100924010.html and it comes down as linux-UFRII-drv-v350-uken.tar.gz
            so to install the commands would be



            cd Downloads
            tar -zxvf linux-UFRII-drv-v350-uken.tar.gz
            cd linux-UFRII-drv-v350-uken
            sudo ./install.sh


            sounds like your are happy with the other driver but I thought to mention what Canon would recommend






            share|improve this answer
























              up vote
              0
              down vote













              when I look on the Canon site, they recommend their UFR driver; that was released 8th Feb 2018 as the right driver. http://support-asia.canon-asia.com/contents/ASIA/EN/0100924010.html and it comes down as linux-UFRII-drv-v350-uken.tar.gz
              so to install the commands would be



              cd Downloads
              tar -zxvf linux-UFRII-drv-v350-uken.tar.gz
              cd linux-UFRII-drv-v350-uken
              sudo ./install.sh


              sounds like your are happy with the other driver but I thought to mention what Canon would recommend






              share|improve this answer






















                up vote
                0
                down vote










                up vote
                0
                down vote









                when I look on the Canon site, they recommend their UFR driver; that was released 8th Feb 2018 as the right driver. http://support-asia.canon-asia.com/contents/ASIA/EN/0100924010.html and it comes down as linux-UFRII-drv-v350-uken.tar.gz
                so to install the commands would be



                cd Downloads
                tar -zxvf linux-UFRII-drv-v350-uken.tar.gz
                cd linux-UFRII-drv-v350-uken
                sudo ./install.sh


                sounds like your are happy with the other driver but I thought to mention what Canon would recommend






                share|improve this answer












                when I look on the Canon site, they recommend their UFR driver; that was released 8th Feb 2018 as the right driver. http://support-asia.canon-asia.com/contents/ASIA/EN/0100924010.html and it comes down as linux-UFRII-drv-v350-uken.tar.gz
                so to install the commands would be



                cd Downloads
                tar -zxvf linux-UFRII-drv-v350-uken.tar.gz
                cd linux-UFRII-drv-v350-uken
                sudo ./install.sh


                sounds like your are happy with the other driver but I thought to mention what Canon would recommend







                share|improve this answer












                share|improve this answer



                share|improve this answer










                answered May 15 at 22:57









                pdc

                62436




                62436






















                     

                    draft saved


                    draft discarded


























                     


                    draft saved


                    draft discarded














                    StackExchange.ready(
                    function ()
                    StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1036679%2fcanon-iradv-c3525i-is-not-printing-though-drivers-are-installed%23new-answer', 'question_page');

                    );

                    Post as a guest













































































                    Popular posts from this blog

                    Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

                    How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

                    Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error