How to change Nginx firewall status to “active”

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
-1
down vote

favorite
1












When I query the netfilter firewall status I get “inactive”:



$ sudo ufw status
Status: inactive


I want to change it so I can see this:



Output
Status: active

To Action From
-- ------ ----
OpenSSH ALLOW Anywhere
Nginx HTTP ALLOW Anywhere
OpenSSH (v6) ALLOW Anywhere (v6)
Nginx HTTP (v6) ALLOW Anywhere (v6)


I have been looking but didn't find any info about how to set the status.










share|improve this question



























    up vote
    -1
    down vote

    favorite
    1












    When I query the netfilter firewall status I get “inactive”:



    $ sudo ufw status
    Status: inactive


    I want to change it so I can see this:



    Output
    Status: active

    To Action From
    -- ------ ----
    OpenSSH ALLOW Anywhere
    Nginx HTTP ALLOW Anywhere
    OpenSSH (v6) ALLOW Anywhere (v6)
    Nginx HTTP (v6) ALLOW Anywhere (v6)


    I have been looking but didn't find any info about how to set the status.










    share|improve this question

























      up vote
      -1
      down vote

      favorite
      1









      up vote
      -1
      down vote

      favorite
      1






      1





      When I query the netfilter firewall status I get “inactive”:



      $ sudo ufw status
      Status: inactive


      I want to change it so I can see this:



      Output
      Status: active

      To Action From
      -- ------ ----
      OpenSSH ALLOW Anywhere
      Nginx HTTP ALLOW Anywhere
      OpenSSH (v6) ALLOW Anywhere (v6)
      Nginx HTTP (v6) ALLOW Anywhere (v6)


      I have been looking but didn't find any info about how to set the status.










      share|improve this question















      When I query the netfilter firewall status I get “inactive”:



      $ sudo ufw status
      Status: inactive


      I want to change it so I can see this:



      Output
      Status: active

      To Action From
      -- ------ ----
      OpenSSH ALLOW Anywhere
      Nginx HTTP ALLOW Anywhere
      OpenSSH (v6) ALLOW Anywhere (v6)
      Nginx HTTP (v6) ALLOW Anywhere (v6)


      I have been looking but didn't find any info about how to set the status.







      16.04 command-line nginx






      share|improve this question















      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question








      edited Feb 7 at 14:02









      dessert

      20k55795




      20k55795










      asked Feb 7 at 12:14









      Caesar

      35




      35




















          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes

















          up vote
          1
          down vote



          accepted










          You need to run



          sudo ufw enable


          to enable the firewall.



          You can get further help on ufw on help.ubuntu.com and man ufw.



          Example



          $ sudo ufw enable
          Firewall is active and enabled on system startup
          $ sudo ufw status
          Status: active

          To Action From
          -- ------ ----
          22/tcp ALLOW Anywhere
          22/tcp (v6) ALLOW Anywhere (v6)

          $ sudo ufw disable
          Firewall stopped and disabled on system startup
          $ sudo ufw status
          Status: inactive





          share|improve this answer






















            Your Answer







            StackExchange.ready(function()
            var channelOptions =
            tags: "".split(" "),
            id: "89"
            ;
            initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

            StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
            // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
            if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
            StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
            createEditor();
            );

            else
            createEditor();

            );

            function createEditor()
            StackExchange.prepareEditor(
            heartbeatType: 'answer',
            convertImagesToLinks: true,
            noModals: false,
            showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
            reputationToPostImages: 10,
            bindNavPrevention: true,
            postfix: "",
            onDemand: true,
            discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
            ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
            );



            );













             

            draft saved


            draft discarded


















            StackExchange.ready(
            function ()
            StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1003869%2fhow-to-change-nginx-firewall-status-to-active%23new-answer', 'question_page');

            );

            Post as a guest






























            1 Answer
            1






            active

            oldest

            votes








            1 Answer
            1






            active

            oldest

            votes









            active

            oldest

            votes






            active

            oldest

            votes








            up vote
            1
            down vote



            accepted










            You need to run



            sudo ufw enable


            to enable the firewall.



            You can get further help on ufw on help.ubuntu.com and man ufw.



            Example



            $ sudo ufw enable
            Firewall is active and enabled on system startup
            $ sudo ufw status
            Status: active

            To Action From
            -- ------ ----
            22/tcp ALLOW Anywhere
            22/tcp (v6) ALLOW Anywhere (v6)

            $ sudo ufw disable
            Firewall stopped and disabled on system startup
            $ sudo ufw status
            Status: inactive





            share|improve this answer


























              up vote
              1
              down vote



              accepted










              You need to run



              sudo ufw enable


              to enable the firewall.



              You can get further help on ufw on help.ubuntu.com and man ufw.



              Example



              $ sudo ufw enable
              Firewall is active and enabled on system startup
              $ sudo ufw status
              Status: active

              To Action From
              -- ------ ----
              22/tcp ALLOW Anywhere
              22/tcp (v6) ALLOW Anywhere (v6)

              $ sudo ufw disable
              Firewall stopped and disabled on system startup
              $ sudo ufw status
              Status: inactive





              share|improve this answer
























                up vote
                1
                down vote



                accepted







                up vote
                1
                down vote



                accepted






                You need to run



                sudo ufw enable


                to enable the firewall.



                You can get further help on ufw on help.ubuntu.com and man ufw.



                Example



                $ sudo ufw enable
                Firewall is active and enabled on system startup
                $ sudo ufw status
                Status: active

                To Action From
                -- ------ ----
                22/tcp ALLOW Anywhere
                22/tcp (v6) ALLOW Anywhere (v6)

                $ sudo ufw disable
                Firewall stopped and disabled on system startup
                $ sudo ufw status
                Status: inactive





                share|improve this answer














                You need to run



                sudo ufw enable


                to enable the firewall.



                You can get further help on ufw on help.ubuntu.com and man ufw.



                Example



                $ sudo ufw enable
                Firewall is active and enabled on system startup
                $ sudo ufw status
                Status: active

                To Action From
                -- ------ ----
                22/tcp ALLOW Anywhere
                22/tcp (v6) ALLOW Anywhere (v6)

                $ sudo ufw disable
                Firewall stopped and disabled on system startup
                $ sudo ufw status
                Status: inactive






                share|improve this answer














                share|improve this answer



                share|improve this answer








                edited Feb 7 at 13:45

























                answered Feb 7 at 13:42









                dessert

                20k55795




                20k55795



























                     

                    draft saved


                    draft discarded















































                     


                    draft saved


                    draft discarded














                    StackExchange.ready(
                    function ()
                    StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1003869%2fhow-to-change-nginx-firewall-status-to-active%23new-answer', 'question_page');

                    );

                    Post as a guest













































































                    Popular posts from this blog

                    Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

                    How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

                    Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error