WiFi Support for ASUS C201PA

Clash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP up vote
0
down vote
favorite
I installed Ubuntu 16.04 with a Linux 4.16 kernel on my ASUS C201PA Chromebook, but I am unable to configure WiFi. All I did was grab the base-armhf image from the Ubuntu sources and uncompress them onto my USB device. Then, I cloned the RockMyy directory (https://github.com/Miouyouyou/RockMyy) and ran the script found there. After that, I signed the kernel and flashed to a partition of the USB. I'm not sure where to find the correct modules and firmware for my WiFi device. It seems my WiFi card is a Broadcom SDIO 4354 (device name 0x4354) based on some internet searches.
dmesg | grep -i sdio returns
pwrseq_simple sdio-pwrseq: GPIO lookup for consumer reset
pwrseq_simple sdio-pwrseq: using device tree for GPIO lookup
of_get_named_gpiod_flags: parsed 'reset-gpios' property of node '/sdio-pwrseg[0]' - status (0)
mmc1: new ultra high speed SDR104 SDIO card at address 0001
Bluetooth: Generic Bluetooth SDIO driver ver 0.1
lsusb returns
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 0bc2:ab00 Seagate RSS LLC Slim Portable Drive
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 003 Device 003: ID 04f2:b53a Chicony Electronics Co., Ltd
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
networking kernel broadcom
 |Â
show 8 more comments
up vote
0
down vote
favorite
I installed Ubuntu 16.04 with a Linux 4.16 kernel on my ASUS C201PA Chromebook, but I am unable to configure WiFi. All I did was grab the base-armhf image from the Ubuntu sources and uncompress them onto my USB device. Then, I cloned the RockMyy directory (https://github.com/Miouyouyou/RockMyy) and ran the script found there. After that, I signed the kernel and flashed to a partition of the USB. I'm not sure where to find the correct modules and firmware for my WiFi device. It seems my WiFi card is a Broadcom SDIO 4354 (device name 0x4354) based on some internet searches.
dmesg | grep -i sdio returns
pwrseq_simple sdio-pwrseq: GPIO lookup for consumer reset
pwrseq_simple sdio-pwrseq: using device tree for GPIO lookup
of_get_named_gpiod_flags: parsed 'reset-gpios' property of node '/sdio-pwrseg[0]' - status (0)
mmc1: new ultra high speed SDR104 SDIO card at address 0001
Bluetooth: Generic Bluetooth SDIO driver ver 0.1
lsusb returns
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 0bc2:ab00 Seagate RSS LLC Slim Portable Drive
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 003 Device 003: ID 04f2:b53a Chicony Electronics Co., Ltd
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
networking kernel broadcom
Please edit your question to add the result of the terminal command:dmesg | grep -i sdioWelcome to Ask Ubuntu.
â chili555
Apr 14 at 13:01
Seems to mention nothing about WiFi, but posted output in question.
â Umar Saleem
Apr 14 at 19:14
Let's dig deeper. Please show us:dmesg | grep -e 4354 -e brcm
â chili555
Apr 14 at 19:44
It returns no output.
â Umar Saleem
Apr 14 at 19:49
I'm running out of places to look! How about:lspci -nnk | grep 0280 -A3and also:lsusb
â chili555
Apr 14 at 20:58
 |Â
show 8 more comments
up vote
0
down vote
favorite
up vote
0
down vote
favorite
I installed Ubuntu 16.04 with a Linux 4.16 kernel on my ASUS C201PA Chromebook, but I am unable to configure WiFi. All I did was grab the base-armhf image from the Ubuntu sources and uncompress them onto my USB device. Then, I cloned the RockMyy directory (https://github.com/Miouyouyou/RockMyy) and ran the script found there. After that, I signed the kernel and flashed to a partition of the USB. I'm not sure where to find the correct modules and firmware for my WiFi device. It seems my WiFi card is a Broadcom SDIO 4354 (device name 0x4354) based on some internet searches.
dmesg | grep -i sdio returns
pwrseq_simple sdio-pwrseq: GPIO lookup for consumer reset
pwrseq_simple sdio-pwrseq: using device tree for GPIO lookup
of_get_named_gpiod_flags: parsed 'reset-gpios' property of node '/sdio-pwrseg[0]' - status (0)
mmc1: new ultra high speed SDR104 SDIO card at address 0001
Bluetooth: Generic Bluetooth SDIO driver ver 0.1
lsusb returns
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 0bc2:ab00 Seagate RSS LLC Slim Portable Drive
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 003 Device 003: ID 04f2:b53a Chicony Electronics Co., Ltd
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
networking kernel broadcom
I installed Ubuntu 16.04 with a Linux 4.16 kernel on my ASUS C201PA Chromebook, but I am unable to configure WiFi. All I did was grab the base-armhf image from the Ubuntu sources and uncompress them onto my USB device. Then, I cloned the RockMyy directory (https://github.com/Miouyouyou/RockMyy) and ran the script found there. After that, I signed the kernel and flashed to a partition of the USB. I'm not sure where to find the correct modules and firmware for my WiFi device. It seems my WiFi card is a Broadcom SDIO 4354 (device name 0x4354) based on some internet searches.
dmesg | grep -i sdio returns
pwrseq_simple sdio-pwrseq: GPIO lookup for consumer reset
pwrseq_simple sdio-pwrseq: using device tree for GPIO lookup
of_get_named_gpiod_flags: parsed 'reset-gpios' property of node '/sdio-pwrseg[0]' - status (0)
mmc1: new ultra high speed SDR104 SDIO card at address 0001
Bluetooth: Generic Bluetooth SDIO driver ver 0.1
lsusb returns
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 0bc2:ab00 Seagate RSS LLC Slim Portable Drive
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 003 Device 003: ID 04f2:b53a Chicony Electronics Co., Ltd
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
networking kernel broadcom
networking kernel broadcom
edited Apr 15 at 23:48
asked Apr 14 at 1:00
Umar Saleem
13
13
Please edit your question to add the result of the terminal command:dmesg | grep -i sdioWelcome to Ask Ubuntu.
â chili555
Apr 14 at 13:01
Seems to mention nothing about WiFi, but posted output in question.
â Umar Saleem
Apr 14 at 19:14
Let's dig deeper. Please show us:dmesg | grep -e 4354 -e brcm
â chili555
Apr 14 at 19:44
It returns no output.
â Umar Saleem
Apr 14 at 19:49
I'm running out of places to look! How about:lspci -nnk | grep 0280 -A3and also:lsusb
â chili555
Apr 14 at 20:58
 |Â
show 8 more comments
Please edit your question to add the result of the terminal command:dmesg | grep -i sdioWelcome to Ask Ubuntu.
â chili555
Apr 14 at 13:01
Seems to mention nothing about WiFi, but posted output in question.
â Umar Saleem
Apr 14 at 19:14
Let's dig deeper. Please show us:dmesg | grep -e 4354 -e brcm
â chili555
Apr 14 at 19:44
It returns no output.
â Umar Saleem
Apr 14 at 19:49
I'm running out of places to look! How about:lspci -nnk | grep 0280 -A3and also:lsusb
â chili555
Apr 14 at 20:58
Please edit your question to add the result of the terminal command:
dmesg | grep -i sdio Welcome to Ask Ubuntu.â chili555
Apr 14 at 13:01
Please edit your question to add the result of the terminal command:
dmesg | grep -i sdio Welcome to Ask Ubuntu.â chili555
Apr 14 at 13:01
Seems to mention nothing about WiFi, but posted output in question.
â Umar Saleem
Apr 14 at 19:14
Seems to mention nothing about WiFi, but posted output in question.
â Umar Saleem
Apr 14 at 19:14
Let's dig deeper. Please show us:
dmesg | grep -e 4354 -e brcmâ chili555
Apr 14 at 19:44
Let's dig deeper. Please show us:
dmesg | grep -e 4354 -e brcmâ chili555
Apr 14 at 19:44
It returns no output.
â Umar Saleem
Apr 14 at 19:49
It returns no output.
â Umar Saleem
Apr 14 at 19:49
I'm running out of places to look! How about:
lspci -nnk | grep 0280 -A3 and also: lsusbâ chili555
Apr 14 at 20:58
I'm running out of places to look! How about:
lspci -nnk | grep 0280 -A3 and also: lsusbâ chili555
Apr 14 at 20:58
 |Â
show 8 more comments
active
oldest
votes
active
oldest
votes
active
oldest
votes
active
oldest
votes
active
oldest
votes
Sign up or log in
StackExchange.ready(function ()
StackExchange.helpers.onClickDraftSave('#login-link');
var $window = $(window),
onScroll = function(e)
var $elem = $('.new-login-left'),
docViewTop = $window.scrollTop(),
docViewBottom = docViewTop + $window.height(),
elemTop = $elem.offset().top,
elemBottom = elemTop + $elem.height();
if ((docViewTop elemBottom))
StackExchange.using('gps', function() StackExchange.gps.track('embedded_signup_form.view', location: 'question_page' ); );
$window.unbind('scroll', onScroll);
;
$window.on('scroll', onScroll);
);
Sign up using Google
Sign up using Facebook
Sign up using Email and Password
Post as a guest
StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1024832%2fwifi-support-for-asus-c201pa%23new-answer', 'question_page');
);
Post as a guest
Sign up or log in
StackExchange.ready(function ()
StackExchange.helpers.onClickDraftSave('#login-link');
var $window = $(window),
onScroll = function(e)
var $elem = $('.new-login-left'),
docViewTop = $window.scrollTop(),
docViewBottom = docViewTop + $window.height(),
elemTop = $elem.offset().top,
elemBottom = elemTop + $elem.height();
if ((docViewTop elemBottom))
StackExchange.using('gps', function() StackExchange.gps.track('embedded_signup_form.view', location: 'question_page' ); );
$window.unbind('scroll', onScroll);
;
$window.on('scroll', onScroll);
);
Sign up using Google
Sign up using Facebook
Sign up using Email and Password
Post as a guest
Sign up or log in
StackExchange.ready(function ()
StackExchange.helpers.onClickDraftSave('#login-link');
var $window = $(window),
onScroll = function(e)
var $elem = $('.new-login-left'),
docViewTop = $window.scrollTop(),
docViewBottom = docViewTop + $window.height(),
elemTop = $elem.offset().top,
elemBottom = elemTop + $elem.height();
if ((docViewTop elemBottom))
StackExchange.using('gps', function() StackExchange.gps.track('embedded_signup_form.view', location: 'question_page' ); );
$window.unbind('scroll', onScroll);
;
$window.on('scroll', onScroll);
);
Sign up using Google
Sign up using Facebook
Sign up using Email and Password
Post as a guest
Sign up or log in
StackExchange.ready(function ()
StackExchange.helpers.onClickDraftSave('#login-link');
var $window = $(window),
onScroll = function(e)
var $elem = $('.new-login-left'),
docViewTop = $window.scrollTop(),
docViewBottom = docViewTop + $window.height(),
elemTop = $elem.offset().top,
elemBottom = elemTop + $elem.height();
if ((docViewTop elemBottom))
StackExchange.using('gps', function() StackExchange.gps.track('embedded_signup_form.view', location: 'question_page' ); );
$window.unbind('scroll', onScroll);
;
$window.on('scroll', onScroll);
);
Sign up using Google
Sign up using Facebook
Sign up using Email and Password
Sign up using Google
Sign up using Facebook
Sign up using Email and Password
Please edit your question to add the result of the terminal command:
dmesg | grep -i sdioWelcome to Ask Ubuntu.â chili555
Apr 14 at 13:01
Seems to mention nothing about WiFi, but posted output in question.
â Umar Saleem
Apr 14 at 19:14
Let's dig deeper. Please show us:
dmesg | grep -e 4354 -e brcmâ chili555
Apr 14 at 19:44
It returns no output.
â Umar Saleem
Apr 14 at 19:49
I'm running out of places to look! How about:
lspci -nnk | grep 0280 -A3and also:lsusbâ chili555
Apr 14 at 20:58