Bluetooth not working on 17.10 [duplicate]

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
0
down vote

favorite













This question is an exact duplicate of:



  • how to launch Bluez on Lubuntu

    1 answer



Hey so pretty much what the title says, my BT isnt working, I have tried rfkill list, and nothing is blocked.Bluez launches but doesn't do much more than that, since I cant click on anything. Also checked on it with this command sudo service bluetooth status and its telling me its active (running) but every time I go to find a device in BT settings and I click the slider to turn it on, the slider goes blue like it is on, but it doesn't actually search for any devices, also I cant find it when I search on my phone. I don't think its really on because when I back out of the BT setting tab and go back into it the slider is in off position, like i never switched it on. Any help would be appreciated thanks!










share|improve this question















marked as duplicate by N0rbert, vidarlo, Eric Carvalho, David Foerster, George Udosen Apr 20 at 13:57


This question was marked as an exact duplicate of an existing question.














  • ah yep sorry wasn't sure how to markdown will do next time, also i don't know about duplicate because bluez launches fine except Im unable to click on anything on its UI. I know this laptop has BT, it was there when it was windows, hasnt worked since linux. Could it be a kernel issue?
    – LappyLinux
    Apr 14 at 12:20














up vote
0
down vote

favorite













This question is an exact duplicate of:



  • how to launch Bluez on Lubuntu

    1 answer



Hey so pretty much what the title says, my BT isnt working, I have tried rfkill list, and nothing is blocked.Bluez launches but doesn't do much more than that, since I cant click on anything. Also checked on it with this command sudo service bluetooth status and its telling me its active (running) but every time I go to find a device in BT settings and I click the slider to turn it on, the slider goes blue like it is on, but it doesn't actually search for any devices, also I cant find it when I search on my phone. I don't think its really on because when I back out of the BT setting tab and go back into it the slider is in off position, like i never switched it on. Any help would be appreciated thanks!










share|improve this question















marked as duplicate by N0rbert, vidarlo, Eric Carvalho, David Foerster, George Udosen Apr 20 at 13:57


This question was marked as an exact duplicate of an existing question.














  • ah yep sorry wasn't sure how to markdown will do next time, also i don't know about duplicate because bluez launches fine except Im unable to click on anything on its UI. I know this laptop has BT, it was there when it was windows, hasnt worked since linux. Could it be a kernel issue?
    – LappyLinux
    Apr 14 at 12:20












up vote
0
down vote

favorite









up vote
0
down vote

favorite












This question is an exact duplicate of:



  • how to launch Bluez on Lubuntu

    1 answer



Hey so pretty much what the title says, my BT isnt working, I have tried rfkill list, and nothing is blocked.Bluez launches but doesn't do much more than that, since I cant click on anything. Also checked on it with this command sudo service bluetooth status and its telling me its active (running) but every time I go to find a device in BT settings and I click the slider to turn it on, the slider goes blue like it is on, but it doesn't actually search for any devices, also I cant find it when I search on my phone. I don't think its really on because when I back out of the BT setting tab and go back into it the slider is in off position, like i never switched it on. Any help would be appreciated thanks!










share|improve this question
















This question is an exact duplicate of:



  • how to launch Bluez on Lubuntu

    1 answer



Hey so pretty much what the title says, my BT isnt working, I have tried rfkill list, and nothing is blocked.Bluez launches but doesn't do much more than that, since I cant click on anything. Also checked on it with this command sudo service bluetooth status and its telling me its active (running) but every time I go to find a device in BT settings and I click the slider to turn it on, the slider goes blue like it is on, but it doesn't actually search for any devices, also I cant find it when I search on my phone. I don't think its really on because when I back out of the BT setting tab and go back into it the slider is in off position, like i never switched it on. Any help would be appreciated thanks!





This question is an exact duplicate of:



  • how to launch Bluez on Lubuntu

    1 answer







17.10 bluetooth






share|improve this question















share|improve this question













share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited Apr 14 at 12:23

























asked Apr 14 at 12:04









LappyLinux

11




11




marked as duplicate by N0rbert, vidarlo, Eric Carvalho, David Foerster, George Udosen Apr 20 at 13:57


This question was marked as an exact duplicate of an existing question.






marked as duplicate by N0rbert, vidarlo, Eric Carvalho, David Foerster, George Udosen Apr 20 at 13:57


This question was marked as an exact duplicate of an existing question.













  • ah yep sorry wasn't sure how to markdown will do next time, also i don't know about duplicate because bluez launches fine except Im unable to click on anything on its UI. I know this laptop has BT, it was there when it was windows, hasnt worked since linux. Could it be a kernel issue?
    – LappyLinux
    Apr 14 at 12:20
















  • ah yep sorry wasn't sure how to markdown will do next time, also i don't know about duplicate because bluez launches fine except Im unable to click on anything on its UI. I know this laptop has BT, it was there when it was windows, hasnt worked since linux. Could it be a kernel issue?
    – LappyLinux
    Apr 14 at 12:20















ah yep sorry wasn't sure how to markdown will do next time, also i don't know about duplicate because bluez launches fine except Im unable to click on anything on its UI. I know this laptop has BT, it was there when it was windows, hasnt worked since linux. Could it be a kernel issue?
– LappyLinux
Apr 14 at 12:20




ah yep sorry wasn't sure how to markdown will do next time, also i don't know about duplicate because bluez launches fine except Im unable to click on anything on its UI. I know this laptop has BT, it was there when it was windows, hasnt worked since linux. Could it be a kernel issue?
– LappyLinux
Apr 14 at 12:20










1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes

















up vote
0
down vote













Not sure if this could solve your problem, but it has helped me finding devices that wouldn't appear in Ubuntu bluetooth search a while ago.

This script is used for bluetooth connection with wireless headsets.



Fixing bluetooth stereo headphone/headset problem in ubuntu 16.04, 16.10 and also debian jessie, with bluez5. | gist.github.com






share|improve this answer





























    1 Answer
    1






    active

    oldest

    votes








    1 Answer
    1






    active

    oldest

    votes









    active

    oldest

    votes






    active

    oldest

    votes








    up vote
    0
    down vote













    Not sure if this could solve your problem, but it has helped me finding devices that wouldn't appear in Ubuntu bluetooth search a while ago.

    This script is used for bluetooth connection with wireless headsets.



    Fixing bluetooth stereo headphone/headset problem in ubuntu 16.04, 16.10 and also debian jessie, with bluez5. | gist.github.com






    share|improve this answer


























      up vote
      0
      down vote













      Not sure if this could solve your problem, but it has helped me finding devices that wouldn't appear in Ubuntu bluetooth search a while ago.

      This script is used for bluetooth connection with wireless headsets.



      Fixing bluetooth stereo headphone/headset problem in ubuntu 16.04, 16.10 and also debian jessie, with bluez5. | gist.github.com






      share|improve this answer
























        up vote
        0
        down vote










        up vote
        0
        down vote









        Not sure if this could solve your problem, but it has helped me finding devices that wouldn't appear in Ubuntu bluetooth search a while ago.

        This script is used for bluetooth connection with wireless headsets.



        Fixing bluetooth stereo headphone/headset problem in ubuntu 16.04, 16.10 and also debian jessie, with bluez5. | gist.github.com






        share|improve this answer














        Not sure if this could solve your problem, but it has helped me finding devices that wouldn't appear in Ubuntu bluetooth search a while ago.

        This script is used for bluetooth connection with wireless headsets.



        Fixing bluetooth stereo headphone/headset problem in ubuntu 16.04, 16.10 and also debian jessie, with bluez5. | gist.github.com







        share|improve this answer














        share|improve this answer



        share|improve this answer








        edited Apr 14 at 19:30









        Drakonoved

        7321415




        7321415










        answered Apr 14 at 15:13









        Gabriel Ziegler

        55211




        55211












            Popular posts from this blog

            Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error

            How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

            Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?