How to create a website that can be accessed via Domain Name - Ubuntu Web Server Domain Names

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
0
down vote

favorite












Pretty new to Ubuntu Web server. Been playing around with Ubuntu Web server. I have managed to get a website running and accessible to the outside world via port forward on my public IP address. I want to host multiple different website and have domain names instead of IP address to browse to the website, I understand I need to assign domain names - Anyone able to assist with this or guide me in the right direction?










share|improve this question























  • Hi mate, that is about port forwarding etc which I can get working. I want to publish the site via domain name - need help for this part from the start, ie creating a name server etc.
    – Davidhd27
    Apr 12 at 5:12










  • Don't do your own DNS server. Get a dynamic dns from e.g. dyndns.com, and get your domains from e.g. google domains, and point them to the dyndns name (CNAME).
    – vidarlo
    Apr 12 at 5:40














up vote
0
down vote

favorite












Pretty new to Ubuntu Web server. Been playing around with Ubuntu Web server. I have managed to get a website running and accessible to the outside world via port forward on my public IP address. I want to host multiple different website and have domain names instead of IP address to browse to the website, I understand I need to assign domain names - Anyone able to assist with this or guide me in the right direction?










share|improve this question























  • Hi mate, that is about port forwarding etc which I can get working. I want to publish the site via domain name - need help for this part from the start, ie creating a name server etc.
    – Davidhd27
    Apr 12 at 5:12










  • Don't do your own DNS server. Get a dynamic dns from e.g. dyndns.com, and get your domains from e.g. google domains, and point them to the dyndns name (CNAME).
    – vidarlo
    Apr 12 at 5:40












up vote
0
down vote

favorite









up vote
0
down vote

favorite











Pretty new to Ubuntu Web server. Been playing around with Ubuntu Web server. I have managed to get a website running and accessible to the outside world via port forward on my public IP address. I want to host multiple different website and have domain names instead of IP address to browse to the website, I understand I need to assign domain names - Anyone able to assist with this or guide me in the right direction?










share|improve this question















Pretty new to Ubuntu Web server. Been playing around with Ubuntu Web server. I have managed to get a website running and accessible to the outside world via port forward on my public IP address. I want to host multiple different website and have domain names instead of IP address to browse to the website, I understand I need to assign domain names - Anyone able to assist with this or guide me in the right direction?







server dns webserver domain-server ubuntu-website






share|improve this question















share|improve this question













share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited Apr 12 at 5:22

























asked Apr 12 at 4:47









Davidhd27

11




11











  • Hi mate, that is about port forwarding etc which I can get working. I want to publish the site via domain name - need help for this part from the start, ie creating a name server etc.
    – Davidhd27
    Apr 12 at 5:12










  • Don't do your own DNS server. Get a dynamic dns from e.g. dyndns.com, and get your domains from e.g. google domains, and point them to the dyndns name (CNAME).
    – vidarlo
    Apr 12 at 5:40
















  • Hi mate, that is about port forwarding etc which I can get working. I want to publish the site via domain name - need help for this part from the start, ie creating a name server etc.
    – Davidhd27
    Apr 12 at 5:12










  • Don't do your own DNS server. Get a dynamic dns from e.g. dyndns.com, and get your domains from e.g. google domains, and point them to the dyndns name (CNAME).
    – vidarlo
    Apr 12 at 5:40















Hi mate, that is about port forwarding etc which I can get working. I want to publish the site via domain name - need help for this part from the start, ie creating a name server etc.
– Davidhd27
Apr 12 at 5:12




Hi mate, that is about port forwarding etc which I can get working. I want to publish the site via domain name - need help for this part from the start, ie creating a name server etc.
– Davidhd27
Apr 12 at 5:12












Don't do your own DNS server. Get a dynamic dns from e.g. dyndns.com, and get your domains from e.g. google domains, and point them to the dyndns name (CNAME).
– vidarlo
Apr 12 at 5:40




Don't do your own DNS server. Get a dynamic dns from e.g. dyndns.com, and get your domains from e.g. google domains, and point them to the dyndns name (CNAME).
– vidarlo
Apr 12 at 5:40















active

oldest

votes











Your Answer







StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "89"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: false,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);













 

draft saved


draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1024229%2fhow-to-create-a-website-that-can-be-accessed-via-domain-name-ubuntu-web-server%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest



































active

oldest

votes













active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes















 

draft saved


draft discarded















































 


draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1024229%2fhow-to-create-a-website-that-can-be-accessed-via-domain-name-ubuntu-web-server%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest













































































Popular posts from this blog

Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error