16.04 Supported 10G Network Cards [closed]

Clash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP up vote
1
down vote
favorite
I need a 10G network card for my Ubuntu 16.04 machine. I want to know where the list of supported hardware is so I can check before I buy. The card of interest currently is: Myricom 10G-PCIE2-8B2-2S
networking
closed as primarily opinion-based by muru, Pilot6, waltinator, David Foerster, user535733 Jun 6 at 16:22
Many good questions generate some degree of opinion based on expert experience, but answers to this question will tend to be almost entirely based on opinions, rather than facts, references, or specific expertise. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.
add a comment |Â
up vote
1
down vote
favorite
I need a 10G network card for my Ubuntu 16.04 machine. I want to know where the list of supported hardware is so I can check before I buy. The card of interest currently is: Myricom 10G-PCIE2-8B2-2S
networking
closed as primarily opinion-based by muru, Pilot6, waltinator, David Foerster, user535733 Jun 6 at 16:22
Many good questions generate some degree of opinion based on expert experience, but answers to this question will tend to be almost entirely based on opinions, rather than facts, references, or specific expertise. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.
1
Possible duplicate of Will my device work with Ubuntu?
â David Foerster
Jun 6 at 16:13
add a comment |Â
up vote
1
down vote
favorite
up vote
1
down vote
favorite
I need a 10G network card for my Ubuntu 16.04 machine. I want to know where the list of supported hardware is so I can check before I buy. The card of interest currently is: Myricom 10G-PCIE2-8B2-2S
networking
I need a 10G network card for my Ubuntu 16.04 machine. I want to know where the list of supported hardware is so I can check before I buy. The card of interest currently is: Myricom 10G-PCIE2-8B2-2S
networking
networking
asked Apr 13 at 23:45
john smith
98221939
98221939
closed as primarily opinion-based by muru, Pilot6, waltinator, David Foerster, user535733 Jun 6 at 16:22
Many good questions generate some degree of opinion based on expert experience, but answers to this question will tend to be almost entirely based on opinions, rather than facts, references, or specific expertise. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.
closed as primarily opinion-based by muru, Pilot6, waltinator, David Foerster, user535733 Jun 6 at 16:22
Many good questions generate some degree of opinion based on expert experience, but answers to this question will tend to be almost entirely based on opinions, rather than facts, references, or specific expertise. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.
1
Possible duplicate of Will my device work with Ubuntu?
â David Foerster
Jun 6 at 16:13
add a comment |Â
1
Possible duplicate of Will my device work with Ubuntu?
â David Foerster
Jun 6 at 16:13
1
1
Possible duplicate of Will my device work with Ubuntu?
â David Foerster
Jun 6 at 16:13
Possible duplicate of Will my device work with Ubuntu?
â David Foerster
Jun 6 at 16:13
add a comment |Â
1 Answer
1
active
oldest
votes
up vote
1
down vote
This older post suggests that it is: https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-hardware-18/recommendations-for-a-10gb-network-card-4175471913/
The following dual SFP+ adapters all work in Linux:
Broadcom 57810S (bnx2x driver)
Myricom 10G-PCIE2-8B2-2S (myri10ge driver)
Intel 82599, X520-DA2/82599EB, X540-T2 (ixgbe/ixgbevf driver)
The referenced driver exists in Ubuntu 17.10 which you can verify with:
modinfo myri10ge
The required firmware exists in /lib/firmware:
/lib/firmware/myri10ge_eth_big_z8e.dat
/lib/firmware/myri10ge_eth_z8e.dat
/lib/firmware/myri10ge_ethp_big_z8e.dat
/lib/firmware/myri10ge_ethp_z8e.dat
/lib/firmware/myri10ge_rss_eth_big_z8e.dat
/lib/firmware/myri10ge_rss_eth_z8e.dat
/lib/firmware/myri10ge_rss_ethp_big_z8e.dat
/lib/firmware/myri10ge_rss_ethp_z8e.dat
add a comment |Â
1 Answer
1
active
oldest
votes
1 Answer
1
active
oldest
votes
active
oldest
votes
active
oldest
votes
up vote
1
down vote
This older post suggests that it is: https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-hardware-18/recommendations-for-a-10gb-network-card-4175471913/
The following dual SFP+ adapters all work in Linux:
Broadcom 57810S (bnx2x driver)
Myricom 10G-PCIE2-8B2-2S (myri10ge driver)
Intel 82599, X520-DA2/82599EB, X540-T2 (ixgbe/ixgbevf driver)
The referenced driver exists in Ubuntu 17.10 which you can verify with:
modinfo myri10ge
The required firmware exists in /lib/firmware:
/lib/firmware/myri10ge_eth_big_z8e.dat
/lib/firmware/myri10ge_eth_z8e.dat
/lib/firmware/myri10ge_ethp_big_z8e.dat
/lib/firmware/myri10ge_ethp_z8e.dat
/lib/firmware/myri10ge_rss_eth_big_z8e.dat
/lib/firmware/myri10ge_rss_eth_z8e.dat
/lib/firmware/myri10ge_rss_ethp_big_z8e.dat
/lib/firmware/myri10ge_rss_ethp_z8e.dat
add a comment |Â
up vote
1
down vote
This older post suggests that it is: https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-hardware-18/recommendations-for-a-10gb-network-card-4175471913/
The following dual SFP+ adapters all work in Linux:
Broadcom 57810S (bnx2x driver)
Myricom 10G-PCIE2-8B2-2S (myri10ge driver)
Intel 82599, X520-DA2/82599EB, X540-T2 (ixgbe/ixgbevf driver)
The referenced driver exists in Ubuntu 17.10 which you can verify with:
modinfo myri10ge
The required firmware exists in /lib/firmware:
/lib/firmware/myri10ge_eth_big_z8e.dat
/lib/firmware/myri10ge_eth_z8e.dat
/lib/firmware/myri10ge_ethp_big_z8e.dat
/lib/firmware/myri10ge_ethp_z8e.dat
/lib/firmware/myri10ge_rss_eth_big_z8e.dat
/lib/firmware/myri10ge_rss_eth_z8e.dat
/lib/firmware/myri10ge_rss_ethp_big_z8e.dat
/lib/firmware/myri10ge_rss_ethp_z8e.dat
add a comment |Â
up vote
1
down vote
up vote
1
down vote
This older post suggests that it is: https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-hardware-18/recommendations-for-a-10gb-network-card-4175471913/
The following dual SFP+ adapters all work in Linux:
Broadcom 57810S (bnx2x driver)
Myricom 10G-PCIE2-8B2-2S (myri10ge driver)
Intel 82599, X520-DA2/82599EB, X540-T2 (ixgbe/ixgbevf driver)
The referenced driver exists in Ubuntu 17.10 which you can verify with:
modinfo myri10ge
The required firmware exists in /lib/firmware:
/lib/firmware/myri10ge_eth_big_z8e.dat
/lib/firmware/myri10ge_eth_z8e.dat
/lib/firmware/myri10ge_ethp_big_z8e.dat
/lib/firmware/myri10ge_ethp_z8e.dat
/lib/firmware/myri10ge_rss_eth_big_z8e.dat
/lib/firmware/myri10ge_rss_eth_z8e.dat
/lib/firmware/myri10ge_rss_ethp_big_z8e.dat
/lib/firmware/myri10ge_rss_ethp_z8e.dat
This older post suggests that it is: https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-hardware-18/recommendations-for-a-10gb-network-card-4175471913/
The following dual SFP+ adapters all work in Linux:
Broadcom 57810S (bnx2x driver)
Myricom 10G-PCIE2-8B2-2S (myri10ge driver)
Intel 82599, X520-DA2/82599EB, X540-T2 (ixgbe/ixgbevf driver)
The referenced driver exists in Ubuntu 17.10 which you can verify with:
modinfo myri10ge
The required firmware exists in /lib/firmware:
/lib/firmware/myri10ge_eth_big_z8e.dat
/lib/firmware/myri10ge_eth_z8e.dat
/lib/firmware/myri10ge_ethp_big_z8e.dat
/lib/firmware/myri10ge_ethp_z8e.dat
/lib/firmware/myri10ge_rss_eth_big_z8e.dat
/lib/firmware/myri10ge_rss_eth_z8e.dat
/lib/firmware/myri10ge_rss_ethp_big_z8e.dat
/lib/firmware/myri10ge_rss_ethp_z8e.dat
answered Apr 14 at 0:06
chili555
36.5k54776
36.5k54776
add a comment |Â
add a comment |Â
1
Possible duplicate of Will my device work with Ubuntu?
â David Foerster
Jun 6 at 16:13