Unable to locate package firmware-b43-installer

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
1
down vote

favorite












I'm trying to install a driver (wifi isn't working) for my Network controller [0280]: Broadcom Corporation BCM4312 802.11b/g LP-PHY [14e4:4315] (rev 01) as described here by installing the firmware-b43-installer package. However, I receive the following error: E: Unable to locate package firmware-b43-installer.



I already tried the bcmwl-kernel-source package. It doesn't solve my problem.



Why can't I find the package firmware-b43-installer although it's still in the docs? Are there other ways to find a driver for my network controller? Thank you.



EDIT



According to this post I have multiverse enabled. I have the following line in /etc/apt/sources.list.



deb http://de.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ xenial-backports main restricted multiverse









share|improve this question























  • firmware-b43-installer is in multiverse: packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=firmware-b43-installer -- do you have that repo enabled?
    – dsstorefile1
    Apr 13 at 9:33










  • Yes. See my edit for the exact way I have (tried to) enable it.
    – Gerry
    Apr 13 at 9:47










  • I don't think the driver is in xenial-backports.
    – dsstorefile1
    Apr 13 at 10:15










  • True. Changing xenial-backports to xenial solved it. If you wish to post an answer I'll accept it. Thank you.
    – Gerry
    Apr 13 at 10:34














up vote
1
down vote

favorite












I'm trying to install a driver (wifi isn't working) for my Network controller [0280]: Broadcom Corporation BCM4312 802.11b/g LP-PHY [14e4:4315] (rev 01) as described here by installing the firmware-b43-installer package. However, I receive the following error: E: Unable to locate package firmware-b43-installer.



I already tried the bcmwl-kernel-source package. It doesn't solve my problem.



Why can't I find the package firmware-b43-installer although it's still in the docs? Are there other ways to find a driver for my network controller? Thank you.



EDIT



According to this post I have multiverse enabled. I have the following line in /etc/apt/sources.list.



deb http://de.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ xenial-backports main restricted multiverse









share|improve this question























  • firmware-b43-installer is in multiverse: packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=firmware-b43-installer -- do you have that repo enabled?
    – dsstorefile1
    Apr 13 at 9:33










  • Yes. See my edit for the exact way I have (tried to) enable it.
    – Gerry
    Apr 13 at 9:47










  • I don't think the driver is in xenial-backports.
    – dsstorefile1
    Apr 13 at 10:15










  • True. Changing xenial-backports to xenial solved it. If you wish to post an answer I'll accept it. Thank you.
    – Gerry
    Apr 13 at 10:34












up vote
1
down vote

favorite









up vote
1
down vote

favorite











I'm trying to install a driver (wifi isn't working) for my Network controller [0280]: Broadcom Corporation BCM4312 802.11b/g LP-PHY [14e4:4315] (rev 01) as described here by installing the firmware-b43-installer package. However, I receive the following error: E: Unable to locate package firmware-b43-installer.



I already tried the bcmwl-kernel-source package. It doesn't solve my problem.



Why can't I find the package firmware-b43-installer although it's still in the docs? Are there other ways to find a driver for my network controller? Thank you.



EDIT



According to this post I have multiverse enabled. I have the following line in /etc/apt/sources.list.



deb http://de.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ xenial-backports main restricted multiverse









share|improve this question















I'm trying to install a driver (wifi isn't working) for my Network controller [0280]: Broadcom Corporation BCM4312 802.11b/g LP-PHY [14e4:4315] (rev 01) as described here by installing the firmware-b43-installer package. However, I receive the following error: E: Unable to locate package firmware-b43-installer.



I already tried the bcmwl-kernel-source package. It doesn't solve my problem.



Why can't I find the package firmware-b43-installer although it's still in the docs? Are there other ways to find a driver for my network controller? Thank you.



EDIT



According to this post I have multiverse enabled. I have the following line in /etc/apt/sources.list.



deb http://de.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ xenial-backports main restricted multiverse






networking drivers broadcom






share|improve this question















share|improve this question













share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited Apr 13 at 9:44

























asked Apr 13 at 9:26









Gerry

1063




1063











  • firmware-b43-installer is in multiverse: packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=firmware-b43-installer -- do you have that repo enabled?
    – dsstorefile1
    Apr 13 at 9:33










  • Yes. See my edit for the exact way I have (tried to) enable it.
    – Gerry
    Apr 13 at 9:47










  • I don't think the driver is in xenial-backports.
    – dsstorefile1
    Apr 13 at 10:15










  • True. Changing xenial-backports to xenial solved it. If you wish to post an answer I'll accept it. Thank you.
    – Gerry
    Apr 13 at 10:34
















  • firmware-b43-installer is in multiverse: packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=firmware-b43-installer -- do you have that repo enabled?
    – dsstorefile1
    Apr 13 at 9:33










  • Yes. See my edit for the exact way I have (tried to) enable it.
    – Gerry
    Apr 13 at 9:47










  • I don't think the driver is in xenial-backports.
    – dsstorefile1
    Apr 13 at 10:15










  • True. Changing xenial-backports to xenial solved it. If you wish to post an answer I'll accept it. Thank you.
    – Gerry
    Apr 13 at 10:34















firmware-b43-installer is in multiverse: packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=firmware-b43-installer -- do you have that repo enabled?
– dsstorefile1
Apr 13 at 9:33




firmware-b43-installer is in multiverse: packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=firmware-b43-installer -- do you have that repo enabled?
– dsstorefile1
Apr 13 at 9:33












Yes. See my edit for the exact way I have (tried to) enable it.
– Gerry
Apr 13 at 9:47




Yes. See my edit for the exact way I have (tried to) enable it.
– Gerry
Apr 13 at 9:47












I don't think the driver is in xenial-backports.
– dsstorefile1
Apr 13 at 10:15




I don't think the driver is in xenial-backports.
– dsstorefile1
Apr 13 at 10:15












True. Changing xenial-backports to xenial solved it. If you wish to post an answer I'll accept it. Thank you.
– Gerry
Apr 13 at 10:34




True. Changing xenial-backports to xenial solved it. If you wish to post an answer I'll accept it. Thank you.
– Gerry
Apr 13 at 10:34















active

oldest

votes











Your Answer







StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "89"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: false,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);













 

draft saved


draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1024599%2funable-to-locate-package-firmware-b43-installer%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest



































active

oldest

votes













active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes















 

draft saved


draft discarded















































 


draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1024599%2funable-to-locate-package-firmware-b43-installer%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest













































































Popular posts from this blog

Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error