Ubuntu sometimes sleeps after power state changes

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
1
down vote

favorite












Sometimes, when I boot into Ubuntu (I dual boot Windows 10), plugging in or taking out the laptop charger will cause the computer to go to sleep. I tested it out and found that these lines occur in dmesg when I plug the power in:



[ 9093.169515] atkbd serio0: Spurious ACK on isa0060/serio0. Some program might be trying to access hardware directly.
[ 9093.200810] atkbd serio0: Unknown key pressed (raw set 2, code 0x12b on isa0060/serio0).
[ 9093.200813] atkbd serio0: Use 'setkeycodes 2b <keycode>' to make it known.


When it occurs, it occurs every time I manipulate the charger plug. But if it doesn't occur on a particular boot, it will never happen on that boot, as far as I can tell. Is this something I can fix?



Other info:



I'm running Ubuntu 17.10 on a Razer Blade 2017.



Edit: I have discovered some more dmesg lines that differ between a "good" boot where the problem doesn't occur, and a "bad" boot where it does:



 pcieport 0000:00:1c.5: AER: Corrected error received: id=00e5
pcieport 0000:00:1c.5: PCIe Bus Error: severity=Corrected, type=Data Link Layer, id=00e5(Transmitter ID)
error status/mask=00001000/00002000
Replay Timer Timeout


These lines repeat multiple times per minute, and sometimes multiple times per second, but are never present in a "good" boot.










share|improve this question



























    up vote
    1
    down vote

    favorite












    Sometimes, when I boot into Ubuntu (I dual boot Windows 10), plugging in or taking out the laptop charger will cause the computer to go to sleep. I tested it out and found that these lines occur in dmesg when I plug the power in:



    [ 9093.169515] atkbd serio0: Spurious ACK on isa0060/serio0. Some program might be trying to access hardware directly.
    [ 9093.200810] atkbd serio0: Unknown key pressed (raw set 2, code 0x12b on isa0060/serio0).
    [ 9093.200813] atkbd serio0: Use 'setkeycodes 2b <keycode>' to make it known.


    When it occurs, it occurs every time I manipulate the charger plug. But if it doesn't occur on a particular boot, it will never happen on that boot, as far as I can tell. Is this something I can fix?



    Other info:



    I'm running Ubuntu 17.10 on a Razer Blade 2017.



    Edit: I have discovered some more dmesg lines that differ between a "good" boot where the problem doesn't occur, and a "bad" boot where it does:



     pcieport 0000:00:1c.5: AER: Corrected error received: id=00e5
    pcieport 0000:00:1c.5: PCIe Bus Error: severity=Corrected, type=Data Link Layer, id=00e5(Transmitter ID)
    error status/mask=00001000/00002000
    Replay Timer Timeout


    These lines repeat multiple times per minute, and sometimes multiple times per second, but are never present in a "good" boot.










    share|improve this question

























      up vote
      1
      down vote

      favorite









      up vote
      1
      down vote

      favorite











      Sometimes, when I boot into Ubuntu (I dual boot Windows 10), plugging in or taking out the laptop charger will cause the computer to go to sleep. I tested it out and found that these lines occur in dmesg when I plug the power in:



      [ 9093.169515] atkbd serio0: Spurious ACK on isa0060/serio0. Some program might be trying to access hardware directly.
      [ 9093.200810] atkbd serio0: Unknown key pressed (raw set 2, code 0x12b on isa0060/serio0).
      [ 9093.200813] atkbd serio0: Use 'setkeycodes 2b <keycode>' to make it known.


      When it occurs, it occurs every time I manipulate the charger plug. But if it doesn't occur on a particular boot, it will never happen on that boot, as far as I can tell. Is this something I can fix?



      Other info:



      I'm running Ubuntu 17.10 on a Razer Blade 2017.



      Edit: I have discovered some more dmesg lines that differ between a "good" boot where the problem doesn't occur, and a "bad" boot where it does:



       pcieport 0000:00:1c.5: AER: Corrected error received: id=00e5
      pcieport 0000:00:1c.5: PCIe Bus Error: severity=Corrected, type=Data Link Layer, id=00e5(Transmitter ID)
      error status/mask=00001000/00002000
      Replay Timer Timeout


      These lines repeat multiple times per minute, and sometimes multiple times per second, but are never present in a "good" boot.










      share|improve this question















      Sometimes, when I boot into Ubuntu (I dual boot Windows 10), plugging in or taking out the laptop charger will cause the computer to go to sleep. I tested it out and found that these lines occur in dmesg when I plug the power in:



      [ 9093.169515] atkbd serio0: Spurious ACK on isa0060/serio0. Some program might be trying to access hardware directly.
      [ 9093.200810] atkbd serio0: Unknown key pressed (raw set 2, code 0x12b on isa0060/serio0).
      [ 9093.200813] atkbd serio0: Use 'setkeycodes 2b <keycode>' to make it known.


      When it occurs, it occurs every time I manipulate the charger plug. But if it doesn't occur on a particular boot, it will never happen on that boot, as far as I can tell. Is this something I can fix?



      Other info:



      I'm running Ubuntu 17.10 on a Razer Blade 2017.



      Edit: I have discovered some more dmesg lines that differ between a "good" boot where the problem doesn't occur, and a "bad" boot where it does:



       pcieport 0000:00:1c.5: AER: Corrected error received: id=00e5
      pcieport 0000:00:1c.5: PCIe Bus Error: severity=Corrected, type=Data Link Layer, id=00e5(Transmitter ID)
      error status/mask=00001000/00002000
      Replay Timer Timeout


      These lines repeat multiple times per minute, and sometimes multiple times per second, but are never present in a "good" boot.







      17.10 suspend power-management laptop






      share|improve this question















      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question








      edited Mar 15 at 1:49

























      asked Mar 15 at 1:33









      Octavia Togami

      1116




      1116

























          active

          oldest

          votes











          Your Answer







          StackExchange.ready(function()
          var channelOptions =
          tags: "".split(" "),
          id: "89"
          ;
          initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
          // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
          if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
          createEditor();
          );

          else
          createEditor();

          );

          function createEditor()
          StackExchange.prepareEditor(
          heartbeatType: 'answer',
          convertImagesToLinks: true,
          noModals: false,
          showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
          reputationToPostImages: 10,
          bindNavPrevention: true,
          postfix: "",
          onDemand: true,
          discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
          ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
          );



          );













           

          draft saved


          draft discarded


















          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1015035%2fubuntu-sometimes-sleeps-after-power-state-changes%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest



































          active

          oldest

          votes













          active

          oldest

          votes









          active

          oldest

          votes






          active

          oldest

          votes















           

          draft saved


          draft discarded















































           


          draft saved


          draft discarded














          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1015035%2fubuntu-sometimes-sleeps-after-power-state-changes%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest













































































          Popular posts from this blog

          Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

          How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

          Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error