Touch pad turns off when booting Ubuntu?

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
1
down vote

favorite












I'm trying to install Ubuntu, but when it boots up, my touch pad gets disabled so I can't select what I want on the setup. Anyone know how to fix this?










share|improve this question























  • Can you use the arrow keys to select? Linux does not support every touch pad driver since many manufacturers don't bother making them. And if a linux driver exists, there are ways to inject your specific driver into the Ubuntu install so it would work but I have never done that before
    – Gabriel Fair
    Mar 13 at 15:23











  • I can, but it's very limited. Like, for example, I want to use the live version instead of fully installing it, but I can't seem to get the keyboard to get over to choose that option.
    – J. Doe
    Mar 13 at 15:39










  • Cool. Can you tell us information about your laptop, touchpad model, and Ubuntu version? :)
    – Gabriel Fair
    Mar 13 at 19:07















up vote
1
down vote

favorite












I'm trying to install Ubuntu, but when it boots up, my touch pad gets disabled so I can't select what I want on the setup. Anyone know how to fix this?










share|improve this question























  • Can you use the arrow keys to select? Linux does not support every touch pad driver since many manufacturers don't bother making them. And if a linux driver exists, there are ways to inject your specific driver into the Ubuntu install so it would work but I have never done that before
    – Gabriel Fair
    Mar 13 at 15:23











  • I can, but it's very limited. Like, for example, I want to use the live version instead of fully installing it, but I can't seem to get the keyboard to get over to choose that option.
    – J. Doe
    Mar 13 at 15:39










  • Cool. Can you tell us information about your laptop, touchpad model, and Ubuntu version? :)
    – Gabriel Fair
    Mar 13 at 19:07













up vote
1
down vote

favorite









up vote
1
down vote

favorite











I'm trying to install Ubuntu, but when it boots up, my touch pad gets disabled so I can't select what I want on the setup. Anyone know how to fix this?










share|improve this question















I'm trying to install Ubuntu, but when it boots up, my touch pad gets disabled so I can't select what I want on the setup. Anyone know how to fix this?







touchpad






share|improve this question















share|improve this question













share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited Mar 13 at 15:15

























asked Mar 13 at 13:33









J. Doe

62




62











  • Can you use the arrow keys to select? Linux does not support every touch pad driver since many manufacturers don't bother making them. And if a linux driver exists, there are ways to inject your specific driver into the Ubuntu install so it would work but I have never done that before
    – Gabriel Fair
    Mar 13 at 15:23











  • I can, but it's very limited. Like, for example, I want to use the live version instead of fully installing it, but I can't seem to get the keyboard to get over to choose that option.
    – J. Doe
    Mar 13 at 15:39










  • Cool. Can you tell us information about your laptop, touchpad model, and Ubuntu version? :)
    – Gabriel Fair
    Mar 13 at 19:07

















  • Can you use the arrow keys to select? Linux does not support every touch pad driver since many manufacturers don't bother making them. And if a linux driver exists, there are ways to inject your specific driver into the Ubuntu install so it would work but I have never done that before
    – Gabriel Fair
    Mar 13 at 15:23











  • I can, but it's very limited. Like, for example, I want to use the live version instead of fully installing it, but I can't seem to get the keyboard to get over to choose that option.
    – J. Doe
    Mar 13 at 15:39










  • Cool. Can you tell us information about your laptop, touchpad model, and Ubuntu version? :)
    – Gabriel Fair
    Mar 13 at 19:07
















Can you use the arrow keys to select? Linux does not support every touch pad driver since many manufacturers don't bother making them. And if a linux driver exists, there are ways to inject your specific driver into the Ubuntu install so it would work but I have never done that before
– Gabriel Fair
Mar 13 at 15:23





Can you use the arrow keys to select? Linux does not support every touch pad driver since many manufacturers don't bother making them. And if a linux driver exists, there are ways to inject your specific driver into the Ubuntu install so it would work but I have never done that before
– Gabriel Fair
Mar 13 at 15:23













I can, but it's very limited. Like, for example, I want to use the live version instead of fully installing it, but I can't seem to get the keyboard to get over to choose that option.
– J. Doe
Mar 13 at 15:39




I can, but it's very limited. Like, for example, I want to use the live version instead of fully installing it, but I can't seem to get the keyboard to get over to choose that option.
– J. Doe
Mar 13 at 15:39












Cool. Can you tell us information about your laptop, touchpad model, and Ubuntu version? :)
– Gabriel Fair
Mar 13 at 19:07





Cool. Can you tell us information about your laptop, touchpad model, and Ubuntu version? :)
– Gabriel Fair
Mar 13 at 19:07
















active

oldest

votes











Your Answer







StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "89"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: false,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);













 

draft saved


draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1014564%2ftouch-pad-turns-off-when-booting-ubuntu%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest



































active

oldest

votes













active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes















 

draft saved


draft discarded















































 


draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1014564%2ftouch-pad-turns-off-when-booting-ubuntu%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest













































































Popular posts from this blog

Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error