How to disable/enable ctrl + alt + num pad of window positionting command?

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
1
down vote

favorite
2












I have referred this Link. According I have followed the instruction and disabled the shortcut keys and checked in dconf-editor it was disabled but the thing is that still shortcut keys are working fine on my end. I'm using Ubuntu VM 16.04.



gsettings list-recursively | grep move-to | grep -v disabled



org.gnome.desktop.wm.keybindings move-to-workspace-6 @as 
org.gnome.desktop.wm.keybindings move-to-workspace-8 @as
org.gnome.desktop.wm.keybindings move-to-workspace-9 @as
org.gnome.desktop.wm.keybindings move-to-workspace-7 @as
org.gnome.desktop.wm.keybindings move-to-workspace-5 @as
org.gnome.desktop.wm.keybindings move-to-workspace-10 @as
org.gnome.desktop.wm.keybindings move-to-workspace-11 @as
org.gnome.desktop.wm.keybindings move-to-workspace-12 @as
org.gnome.desktop.wm.keybindings move-to-center @as
org.gnome.desktop.wm.keybindings move-to-workspace-right ['<Shift><Control><Alt>Right']
org.gnome.desktop.wm.keybindings move-to-workspace-up ['<Shift><Control><Alt>Up']
org.gnome.desktop.wm.keybindings move-to-workspace-left ['<Shift><Control><Alt>Left']
org.gnome.desktop.wm.keybindings move-to-workspace-down ['<Shift><Control><Alt>Down']
org.gnome.desktop.wm.keybindings move-to-workspace-1 @as
org.gnome.desktop.wm.keybindings move-to-workspace-2 @as
org.gnome.desktop.wm.keybindings move-to-workspace-3 @as
org.gnome.desktop.wm.keybindings move-to-workspace-4 @as


dconf dump / | grep move-to | grep -v disabled



move-to-workspace-left=['<Shift><Control><Alt>Left']
move-to-workspace-down=['<Shift><Control><Alt>Down']
move-to-workspace-up=['<Shift><Control><Alt>Up']
move-to-workspace-right=['<Shift><Control><Alt>Right']


I have tried:



dconf write /org/compiz/profiles/unity-lowgfx/plugins/resize/move-to-side-w "['disabled']"
dconf write /org/compiz/profiles/unity-lowgfx/plugins/resize/move-to-side-s "['disabled']"
dconf write /org/compiz/profiles/unity-lowgfx/plugins/resize/move-to-side-n "['disabled']"
dconf write /org/compiz/profiles/unity-lowgfx/plugins/resize/move-to-side-e "['disabled']"

dconf write /org/compiz/profiles/unity-lowgfx/plugins/resize/move-to-side-w "['']"
dconf write /org/compiz/profiles/unity-lowgfx/plugins/resize/move-to-side-s "['']"
dconf write /org/compiz/profiles/unity-lowgfx/plugins/resize/move-to-side-n "['']"
dconf write /org/compiz/profiles/unity-lowgfx/plugins/resize/move-to-side-e "['']"


I have tried the above code. It was not disable but using compizconfig-settings-manager ->Window Management -> Grid unselected the checkbox now it was disabling the shortcut key. I don't want to disable it using GUI or
Should I change anything in Compiz profiles - unity and unity-lowgfx.Please advise me, if any alternative solution for this.










share|improve this question



















  • 1




    I think you should check output of two commands gsettings list-recursively | grep move-to | grep -v disabled and dconf dump / | grep move-to | grep -v disabled then add it to your question.
    – N0rbert
    Mar 14 at 11:10














up vote
1
down vote

favorite
2












I have referred this Link. According I have followed the instruction and disabled the shortcut keys and checked in dconf-editor it was disabled but the thing is that still shortcut keys are working fine on my end. I'm using Ubuntu VM 16.04.



gsettings list-recursively | grep move-to | grep -v disabled



org.gnome.desktop.wm.keybindings move-to-workspace-6 @as 
org.gnome.desktop.wm.keybindings move-to-workspace-8 @as
org.gnome.desktop.wm.keybindings move-to-workspace-9 @as
org.gnome.desktop.wm.keybindings move-to-workspace-7 @as
org.gnome.desktop.wm.keybindings move-to-workspace-5 @as
org.gnome.desktop.wm.keybindings move-to-workspace-10 @as
org.gnome.desktop.wm.keybindings move-to-workspace-11 @as
org.gnome.desktop.wm.keybindings move-to-workspace-12 @as
org.gnome.desktop.wm.keybindings move-to-center @as
org.gnome.desktop.wm.keybindings move-to-workspace-right ['<Shift><Control><Alt>Right']
org.gnome.desktop.wm.keybindings move-to-workspace-up ['<Shift><Control><Alt>Up']
org.gnome.desktop.wm.keybindings move-to-workspace-left ['<Shift><Control><Alt>Left']
org.gnome.desktop.wm.keybindings move-to-workspace-down ['<Shift><Control><Alt>Down']
org.gnome.desktop.wm.keybindings move-to-workspace-1 @as
org.gnome.desktop.wm.keybindings move-to-workspace-2 @as
org.gnome.desktop.wm.keybindings move-to-workspace-3 @as
org.gnome.desktop.wm.keybindings move-to-workspace-4 @as


dconf dump / | grep move-to | grep -v disabled



move-to-workspace-left=['<Shift><Control><Alt>Left']
move-to-workspace-down=['<Shift><Control><Alt>Down']
move-to-workspace-up=['<Shift><Control><Alt>Up']
move-to-workspace-right=['<Shift><Control><Alt>Right']


I have tried:



dconf write /org/compiz/profiles/unity-lowgfx/plugins/resize/move-to-side-w "['disabled']"
dconf write /org/compiz/profiles/unity-lowgfx/plugins/resize/move-to-side-s "['disabled']"
dconf write /org/compiz/profiles/unity-lowgfx/plugins/resize/move-to-side-n "['disabled']"
dconf write /org/compiz/profiles/unity-lowgfx/plugins/resize/move-to-side-e "['disabled']"

dconf write /org/compiz/profiles/unity-lowgfx/plugins/resize/move-to-side-w "['']"
dconf write /org/compiz/profiles/unity-lowgfx/plugins/resize/move-to-side-s "['']"
dconf write /org/compiz/profiles/unity-lowgfx/plugins/resize/move-to-side-n "['']"
dconf write /org/compiz/profiles/unity-lowgfx/plugins/resize/move-to-side-e "['']"


I have tried the above code. It was not disable but using compizconfig-settings-manager ->Window Management -> Grid unselected the checkbox now it was disabling the shortcut key. I don't want to disable it using GUI or
Should I change anything in Compiz profiles - unity and unity-lowgfx.Please advise me, if any alternative solution for this.










share|improve this question



















  • 1




    I think you should check output of two commands gsettings list-recursively | grep move-to | grep -v disabled and dconf dump / | grep move-to | grep -v disabled then add it to your question.
    – N0rbert
    Mar 14 at 11:10












up vote
1
down vote

favorite
2









up vote
1
down vote

favorite
2






2





I have referred this Link. According I have followed the instruction and disabled the shortcut keys and checked in dconf-editor it was disabled but the thing is that still shortcut keys are working fine on my end. I'm using Ubuntu VM 16.04.



gsettings list-recursively | grep move-to | grep -v disabled



org.gnome.desktop.wm.keybindings move-to-workspace-6 @as 
org.gnome.desktop.wm.keybindings move-to-workspace-8 @as
org.gnome.desktop.wm.keybindings move-to-workspace-9 @as
org.gnome.desktop.wm.keybindings move-to-workspace-7 @as
org.gnome.desktop.wm.keybindings move-to-workspace-5 @as
org.gnome.desktop.wm.keybindings move-to-workspace-10 @as
org.gnome.desktop.wm.keybindings move-to-workspace-11 @as
org.gnome.desktop.wm.keybindings move-to-workspace-12 @as
org.gnome.desktop.wm.keybindings move-to-center @as
org.gnome.desktop.wm.keybindings move-to-workspace-right ['<Shift><Control><Alt>Right']
org.gnome.desktop.wm.keybindings move-to-workspace-up ['<Shift><Control><Alt>Up']
org.gnome.desktop.wm.keybindings move-to-workspace-left ['<Shift><Control><Alt>Left']
org.gnome.desktop.wm.keybindings move-to-workspace-down ['<Shift><Control><Alt>Down']
org.gnome.desktop.wm.keybindings move-to-workspace-1 @as
org.gnome.desktop.wm.keybindings move-to-workspace-2 @as
org.gnome.desktop.wm.keybindings move-to-workspace-3 @as
org.gnome.desktop.wm.keybindings move-to-workspace-4 @as


dconf dump / | grep move-to | grep -v disabled



move-to-workspace-left=['<Shift><Control><Alt>Left']
move-to-workspace-down=['<Shift><Control><Alt>Down']
move-to-workspace-up=['<Shift><Control><Alt>Up']
move-to-workspace-right=['<Shift><Control><Alt>Right']


I have tried:



dconf write /org/compiz/profiles/unity-lowgfx/plugins/resize/move-to-side-w "['disabled']"
dconf write /org/compiz/profiles/unity-lowgfx/plugins/resize/move-to-side-s "['disabled']"
dconf write /org/compiz/profiles/unity-lowgfx/plugins/resize/move-to-side-n "['disabled']"
dconf write /org/compiz/profiles/unity-lowgfx/plugins/resize/move-to-side-e "['disabled']"

dconf write /org/compiz/profiles/unity-lowgfx/plugins/resize/move-to-side-w "['']"
dconf write /org/compiz/profiles/unity-lowgfx/plugins/resize/move-to-side-s "['']"
dconf write /org/compiz/profiles/unity-lowgfx/plugins/resize/move-to-side-n "['']"
dconf write /org/compiz/profiles/unity-lowgfx/plugins/resize/move-to-side-e "['']"


I have tried the above code. It was not disable but using compizconfig-settings-manager ->Window Management -> Grid unselected the checkbox now it was disabling the shortcut key. I don't want to disable it using GUI or
Should I change anything in Compiz profiles - unity and unity-lowgfx.Please advise me, if any alternative solution for this.










share|improve this question















I have referred this Link. According I have followed the instruction and disabled the shortcut keys and checked in dconf-editor it was disabled but the thing is that still shortcut keys are working fine on my end. I'm using Ubuntu VM 16.04.



gsettings list-recursively | grep move-to | grep -v disabled



org.gnome.desktop.wm.keybindings move-to-workspace-6 @as 
org.gnome.desktop.wm.keybindings move-to-workspace-8 @as
org.gnome.desktop.wm.keybindings move-to-workspace-9 @as
org.gnome.desktop.wm.keybindings move-to-workspace-7 @as
org.gnome.desktop.wm.keybindings move-to-workspace-5 @as
org.gnome.desktop.wm.keybindings move-to-workspace-10 @as
org.gnome.desktop.wm.keybindings move-to-workspace-11 @as
org.gnome.desktop.wm.keybindings move-to-workspace-12 @as
org.gnome.desktop.wm.keybindings move-to-center @as
org.gnome.desktop.wm.keybindings move-to-workspace-right ['<Shift><Control><Alt>Right']
org.gnome.desktop.wm.keybindings move-to-workspace-up ['<Shift><Control><Alt>Up']
org.gnome.desktop.wm.keybindings move-to-workspace-left ['<Shift><Control><Alt>Left']
org.gnome.desktop.wm.keybindings move-to-workspace-down ['<Shift><Control><Alt>Down']
org.gnome.desktop.wm.keybindings move-to-workspace-1 @as
org.gnome.desktop.wm.keybindings move-to-workspace-2 @as
org.gnome.desktop.wm.keybindings move-to-workspace-3 @as
org.gnome.desktop.wm.keybindings move-to-workspace-4 @as


dconf dump / | grep move-to | grep -v disabled



move-to-workspace-left=['<Shift><Control><Alt>Left']
move-to-workspace-down=['<Shift><Control><Alt>Down']
move-to-workspace-up=['<Shift><Control><Alt>Up']
move-to-workspace-right=['<Shift><Control><Alt>Right']


I have tried:



dconf write /org/compiz/profiles/unity-lowgfx/plugins/resize/move-to-side-w "['disabled']"
dconf write /org/compiz/profiles/unity-lowgfx/plugins/resize/move-to-side-s "['disabled']"
dconf write /org/compiz/profiles/unity-lowgfx/plugins/resize/move-to-side-n "['disabled']"
dconf write /org/compiz/profiles/unity-lowgfx/plugins/resize/move-to-side-e "['disabled']"

dconf write /org/compiz/profiles/unity-lowgfx/plugins/resize/move-to-side-w "['']"
dconf write /org/compiz/profiles/unity-lowgfx/plugins/resize/move-to-side-s "['']"
dconf write /org/compiz/profiles/unity-lowgfx/plugins/resize/move-to-side-n "['']"
dconf write /org/compiz/profiles/unity-lowgfx/plugins/resize/move-to-side-e "['']"


I have tried the above code. It was not disable but using compizconfig-settings-manager ->Window Management -> Grid unselected the checkbox now it was disabling the shortcut key. I don't want to disable it using GUI or
Should I change anything in Compiz profiles - unity and unity-lowgfx.Please advise me, if any alternative solution for this.







dconf gsettings






share|improve this question















share|improve this question













share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited Apr 5 at 9:48









muru

130k19274467




130k19274467










asked Mar 14 at 9:01









Dinesh

348




348







  • 1




    I think you should check output of two commands gsettings list-recursively | grep move-to | grep -v disabled and dconf dump / | grep move-to | grep -v disabled then add it to your question.
    – N0rbert
    Mar 14 at 11:10












  • 1




    I think you should check output of two commands gsettings list-recursively | grep move-to | grep -v disabled and dconf dump / | grep move-to | grep -v disabled then add it to your question.
    – N0rbert
    Mar 14 at 11:10







1




1




I think you should check output of two commands gsettings list-recursively | grep move-to | grep -v disabled and dconf dump / | grep move-to | grep -v disabled then add it to your question.
– N0rbert
Mar 14 at 11:10




I think you should check output of two commands gsettings list-recursively | grep move-to | grep -v disabled and dconf dump / | grep move-to | grep -v disabled then add it to your question.
– N0rbert
Mar 14 at 11:10















active

oldest

votes











Your Answer







StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "89"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: false,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);













 

draft saved


draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1014807%2fhow-to-disable-enable-ctrl-alt-num-pad-of-window-positionting-command%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest



































active

oldest

votes













active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes















 

draft saved


draft discarded















































 


draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1014807%2fhow-to-disable-enable-ctrl-alt-num-pad-of-window-positionting-command%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest













































































Popular posts from this blog

Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error