Display problem with intel card on dell

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
1
down vote

favorite












I have a dual-boot system with win10 and ubuntu 16.0.4
It runs on DEL Inspiron 15 series 5000 (5558).
It has dual graphics, intel and nividia geforce 920 M
during the last ubuntu update I lost my luancher , toolbar and dach. my monitor was not detected and it is recognized as built in display.



I tried many things to fix that but nothing worked.
However, the last command I tried is:



sudo apt-get purge intel-*


Due to that the intel driver is gone. Now I can get even the login screen it is only the background. I only can log in with shell.



How do I get back to the normal graphical login screen and
after that How to solve the original problem.










share|improve this question



























    up vote
    1
    down vote

    favorite












    I have a dual-boot system with win10 and ubuntu 16.0.4
    It runs on DEL Inspiron 15 series 5000 (5558).
    It has dual graphics, intel and nividia geforce 920 M
    during the last ubuntu update I lost my luancher , toolbar and dach. my monitor was not detected and it is recognized as built in display.



    I tried many things to fix that but nothing worked.
    However, the last command I tried is:



    sudo apt-get purge intel-*


    Due to that the intel driver is gone. Now I can get even the login screen it is only the background. I only can log in with shell.



    How do I get back to the normal graphical login screen and
    after that How to solve the original problem.










    share|improve this question

























      up vote
      1
      down vote

      favorite









      up vote
      1
      down vote

      favorite











      I have a dual-boot system with win10 and ubuntu 16.0.4
      It runs on DEL Inspiron 15 series 5000 (5558).
      It has dual graphics, intel and nividia geforce 920 M
      during the last ubuntu update I lost my luancher , toolbar and dach. my monitor was not detected and it is recognized as built in display.



      I tried many things to fix that but nothing worked.
      However, the last command I tried is:



      sudo apt-get purge intel-*


      Due to that the intel driver is gone. Now I can get even the login screen it is only the background. I only can log in with shell.



      How do I get back to the normal graphical login screen and
      after that How to solve the original problem.










      share|improve this question















      I have a dual-boot system with win10 and ubuntu 16.0.4
      It runs on DEL Inspiron 15 series 5000 (5558).
      It has dual graphics, intel and nividia geforce 920 M
      during the last ubuntu update I lost my luancher , toolbar and dach. my monitor was not detected and it is recognized as built in display.



      I tried many things to fix that but nothing worked.
      However, the last command I tried is:



      sudo apt-get purge intel-*


      Due to that the intel driver is gone. Now I can get even the login screen it is only the background. I only can log in with shell.



      How do I get back to the normal graphical login screen and
      after that How to solve the original problem.







      drivers nvidia






      share|improve this question















      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question








      edited Mar 13 at 13:35









      Maki

      1376




      1376










      asked Mar 13 at 13:28









      Ashraf

      61




      61

























          active

          oldest

          votes











          Your Answer







          StackExchange.ready(function()
          var channelOptions =
          tags: "".split(" "),
          id: "89"
          ;
          initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
          // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
          if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
          createEditor();
          );

          else
          createEditor();

          );

          function createEditor()
          StackExchange.prepareEditor(
          heartbeatType: 'answer',
          convertImagesToLinks: true,
          noModals: false,
          showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
          reputationToPostImages: 10,
          bindNavPrevention: true,
          postfix: "",
          onDemand: true,
          discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
          ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
          );



          );













           

          draft saved


          draft discarded


















          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1014562%2fdisplay-problem-with-intel-card-on-dell%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest



































          active

          oldest

          votes













          active

          oldest

          votes









          active

          oldest

          votes






          active

          oldest

          votes















           

          draft saved


          draft discarded















































           


          draft saved


          draft discarded














          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1014562%2fdisplay-problem-with-intel-card-on-dell%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest













































































          Popular posts from this blog

          Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

          How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

          Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error