How to make Dropbox auto start on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS MATE?

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
2
down vote

favorite
1












I have installed Ubuntu MATE 16.04.4 LTS. Then I did the following to install Dropbox:




  1. I installed caja-dropbox package to it.



    During installation of caja-dropbox proprietary part was downloaded (DropBox v.43.4.50), then it opened Firefox for authentication, after it opened Caja in ~/Dropbox folder. Also it shown icon in notification area/tray.



  2. I clicked on systemtray icon, selected Preferences->General and checked Start Dropbox on system start-up and rebooted.


  3. After reboot I do not have Dropbox icon in tray, it does not have desktop-file in XDG autostart (~/.config/autostart).


What should I do to make Dropbox autostart with system on MATE?










share|improve this question



























    up vote
    2
    down vote

    favorite
    1












    I have installed Ubuntu MATE 16.04.4 LTS. Then I did the following to install Dropbox:




    1. I installed caja-dropbox package to it.



      During installation of caja-dropbox proprietary part was downloaded (DropBox v.43.4.50), then it opened Firefox for authentication, after it opened Caja in ~/Dropbox folder. Also it shown icon in notification area/tray.



    2. I clicked on systemtray icon, selected Preferences->General and checked Start Dropbox on system start-up and rebooted.


    3. After reboot I do not have Dropbox icon in tray, it does not have desktop-file in XDG autostart (~/.config/autostart).


    What should I do to make Dropbox autostart with system on MATE?










    share|improve this question

























      up vote
      2
      down vote

      favorite
      1









      up vote
      2
      down vote

      favorite
      1






      1





      I have installed Ubuntu MATE 16.04.4 LTS. Then I did the following to install Dropbox:




      1. I installed caja-dropbox package to it.



        During installation of caja-dropbox proprietary part was downloaded (DropBox v.43.4.50), then it opened Firefox for authentication, after it opened Caja in ~/Dropbox folder. Also it shown icon in notification area/tray.



      2. I clicked on systemtray icon, selected Preferences->General and checked Start Dropbox on system start-up and rebooted.


      3. After reboot I do not have Dropbox icon in tray, it does not have desktop-file in XDG autostart (~/.config/autostart).


      What should I do to make Dropbox autostart with system on MATE?










      share|improve this question















      I have installed Ubuntu MATE 16.04.4 LTS. Then I did the following to install Dropbox:




      1. I installed caja-dropbox package to it.



        During installation of caja-dropbox proprietary part was downloaded (DropBox v.43.4.50), then it opened Firefox for authentication, after it opened Caja in ~/Dropbox folder. Also it shown icon in notification area/tray.



      2. I clicked on systemtray icon, selected Preferences->General and checked Start Dropbox on system start-up and rebooted.


      3. After reboot I do not have Dropbox icon in tray, it does not have desktop-file in XDG autostart (~/.config/autostart).


      What should I do to make Dropbox autostart with system on MATE?







      16.04 mate dropbox autostart ubuntu-mate






      share|improve this question















      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question








      edited Feb 24 at 12:53

























      asked Feb 24 at 11:49









      N0rbert

      16.4k33377




      16.4k33377




















          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes

















          up vote
          2
          down vote



          accepted










          After having 15-minutes of googling I found solution (see launchpad bug 1604439).



          The solution:



          caja-dropbox autostart y


          After reboot Dropbox shows its icon in system-tray, Caja shows overlay icon on ~/Dropbox folder and works correctly.



          Note: this solution works on coming Ubuntu 18.04 LTS too.






          share|improve this answer






















            Your Answer







            StackExchange.ready(function()
            var channelOptions =
            tags: "".split(" "),
            id: "89"
            ;
            initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

            StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
            // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
            if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
            StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
            createEditor();
            );

            else
            createEditor();

            );

            function createEditor()
            StackExchange.prepareEditor(
            heartbeatType: 'answer',
            convertImagesToLinks: true,
            noModals: false,
            showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
            reputationToPostImages: 10,
            bindNavPrevention: true,
            postfix: "",
            onDemand: true,
            discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
            ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
            );



            );













             

            draft saved


            draft discarded


















            StackExchange.ready(
            function ()
            StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1009305%2fhow-to-make-dropbox-auto-start-on-ubuntu-16-04-lts-mate%23new-answer', 'question_page');

            );

            Post as a guest






























            1 Answer
            1






            active

            oldest

            votes








            1 Answer
            1






            active

            oldest

            votes









            active

            oldest

            votes






            active

            oldest

            votes








            up vote
            2
            down vote



            accepted










            After having 15-minutes of googling I found solution (see launchpad bug 1604439).



            The solution:



            caja-dropbox autostart y


            After reboot Dropbox shows its icon in system-tray, Caja shows overlay icon on ~/Dropbox folder and works correctly.



            Note: this solution works on coming Ubuntu 18.04 LTS too.






            share|improve this answer


























              up vote
              2
              down vote



              accepted










              After having 15-minutes of googling I found solution (see launchpad bug 1604439).



              The solution:



              caja-dropbox autostart y


              After reboot Dropbox shows its icon in system-tray, Caja shows overlay icon on ~/Dropbox folder and works correctly.



              Note: this solution works on coming Ubuntu 18.04 LTS too.






              share|improve this answer
























                up vote
                2
                down vote



                accepted







                up vote
                2
                down vote



                accepted






                After having 15-minutes of googling I found solution (see launchpad bug 1604439).



                The solution:



                caja-dropbox autostart y


                After reboot Dropbox shows its icon in system-tray, Caja shows overlay icon on ~/Dropbox folder and works correctly.



                Note: this solution works on coming Ubuntu 18.04 LTS too.






                share|improve this answer














                After having 15-minutes of googling I found solution (see launchpad bug 1604439).



                The solution:



                caja-dropbox autostart y


                After reboot Dropbox shows its icon in system-tray, Caja shows overlay icon on ~/Dropbox folder and works correctly.



                Note: this solution works on coming Ubuntu 18.04 LTS too.







                share|improve this answer














                share|improve this answer



                share|improve this answer








                edited Feb 24 at 12:52

























                answered Feb 24 at 11:49









                N0rbert

                16.4k33377




                16.4k33377



























                     

                    draft saved


                    draft discarded















































                     


                    draft saved


                    draft discarded














                    StackExchange.ready(
                    function ()
                    StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1009305%2fhow-to-make-dropbox-auto-start-on-ubuntu-16-04-lts-mate%23new-answer', 'question_page');

                    );

                    Post as a guest













































































                    Popular posts from this blog

                    Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

                    How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

                    Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error