Configuring compose key via command line

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
0
down vote

favorite












I use i3 window manager and I'm trying to activate Alt Gr as compose key to be able to type accented letters. Any idea how to do this?







share|improve this question


























    up vote
    0
    down vote

    favorite












    I use i3 window manager and I'm trying to activate Alt Gr as compose key to be able to type accented letters. Any idea how to do this?







    share|improve this question
























      up vote
      0
      down vote

      favorite









      up vote
      0
      down vote

      favorite











      I use i3 window manager and I'm trying to activate Alt Gr as compose key to be able to type accented letters. Any idea how to do this?







      share|improve this question














      I use i3 window manager and I'm trying to activate Alt Gr as compose key to be able to type accented letters. Any idea how to do this?









      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question








      edited May 15 at 8:48









      Graham

      2,03061325




      2,03061325










      asked May 14 at 21:21









      lorussian

      1011




      1011




















          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes

















          up vote
          0
          down vote













          I used xmodmap. Add the following to ~/.Xmodmap:



          keycode 108 = Alt_R
          keysym Alt_R = Multi_key





          share|improve this answer






















            Your Answer







            StackExchange.ready(function()
            var channelOptions =
            tags: "".split(" "),
            id: "89"
            ;
            initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

            StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
            // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
            if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
            StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
            createEditor();
            );

            else
            createEditor();

            );

            function createEditor()
            StackExchange.prepareEditor(
            heartbeatType: 'answer',
            convertImagesToLinks: true,
            noModals: false,
            showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
            reputationToPostImages: 10,
            bindNavPrevention: true,
            postfix: "",
            onDemand: true,
            discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
            ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
            );



            );








             

            draft saved


            draft discarded


















            StackExchange.ready(
            function ()
            StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1036282%2fconfiguring-compose-key-via-command-line%23new-answer', 'question_page');

            );

            Post as a guest






























            1 Answer
            1






            active

            oldest

            votes








            1 Answer
            1






            active

            oldest

            votes









            active

            oldest

            votes






            active

            oldest

            votes








            up vote
            0
            down vote













            I used xmodmap. Add the following to ~/.Xmodmap:



            keycode 108 = Alt_R
            keysym Alt_R = Multi_key





            share|improve this answer


























              up vote
              0
              down vote













              I used xmodmap. Add the following to ~/.Xmodmap:



              keycode 108 = Alt_R
              keysym Alt_R = Multi_key





              share|improve this answer
























                up vote
                0
                down vote










                up vote
                0
                down vote









                I used xmodmap. Add the following to ~/.Xmodmap:



                keycode 108 = Alt_R
                keysym Alt_R = Multi_key





                share|improve this answer














                I used xmodmap. Add the following to ~/.Xmodmap:



                keycode 108 = Alt_R
                keysym Alt_R = Multi_key






                share|improve this answer














                share|improve this answer



                share|improve this answer








                edited May 14 at 23:21









                ubashu

                2,23721736




                2,23721736










                answered May 14 at 22:57









                lorussian

                1011




                1011






















                     

                    draft saved


                    draft discarded


























                     


                    draft saved


                    draft discarded














                    StackExchange.ready(
                    function ()
                    StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1036282%2fconfiguring-compose-key-via-command-line%23new-answer', 'question_page');

                    );

                    Post as a guest













































































                    Popular posts from this blog

                    Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

                    How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

                    Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error