Numpy installed only for python3.5, not for python3.6

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
1
down vote

favorite












I have both python3.5 and python3.6 in my computer. When I try to import python in numpy3.6, I get an error. When I try to install numpy through sudo pip3 install numpy, I get the message Requirement already satisfied: numpy in /home/user/.local/lib/python3.5/site-packages. How do I install numpy for python 3.6?



That's the exception I get when importing numpy:



Python 3.6.3 (default, Oct 6 2017, 08:44:35) [GCC 6.3.0 20170406] on linux Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> import numpy
Traceback (most recent call last): File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module> ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'numpy' Error in sys.excepthook: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/apport_python_hook.py", line 63, in apport_excepthook
from apport.fileutils import likely_packaged, get_recent_crashes File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/apport/__init__.py", line 5, in <module>
from apport.report import Report File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/apport/report.py", line 30, in <module>
import apport.fileutils File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/apport/fileutils.py", line 23, in <module>
from apport.packaging_impl import impl as packaging File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/apport/packaging_impl.py", line 24, in <module>
import apt File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/apt/__init__.py", line 23, in <module>
import apt_pkg ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'apt_pkg'

Original exception was: Traceback (most recent call last): File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module> ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'numpy'
>>>


Thanks







share|improve this question






















  • Related: askubuntu.com/q/1035826/250300
    – Melebius
    May 15 at 6:26















up vote
1
down vote

favorite












I have both python3.5 and python3.6 in my computer. When I try to import python in numpy3.6, I get an error. When I try to install numpy through sudo pip3 install numpy, I get the message Requirement already satisfied: numpy in /home/user/.local/lib/python3.5/site-packages. How do I install numpy for python 3.6?



That's the exception I get when importing numpy:



Python 3.6.3 (default, Oct 6 2017, 08:44:35) [GCC 6.3.0 20170406] on linux Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> import numpy
Traceback (most recent call last): File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module> ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'numpy' Error in sys.excepthook: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/apport_python_hook.py", line 63, in apport_excepthook
from apport.fileutils import likely_packaged, get_recent_crashes File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/apport/__init__.py", line 5, in <module>
from apport.report import Report File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/apport/report.py", line 30, in <module>
import apport.fileutils File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/apport/fileutils.py", line 23, in <module>
from apport.packaging_impl import impl as packaging File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/apport/packaging_impl.py", line 24, in <module>
import apt File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/apt/__init__.py", line 23, in <module>
import apt_pkg ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'apt_pkg'

Original exception was: Traceback (most recent call last): File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module> ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'numpy'
>>>


Thanks







share|improve this question






















  • Related: askubuntu.com/q/1035826/250300
    – Melebius
    May 15 at 6:26













up vote
1
down vote

favorite









up vote
1
down vote

favorite











I have both python3.5 and python3.6 in my computer. When I try to import python in numpy3.6, I get an error. When I try to install numpy through sudo pip3 install numpy, I get the message Requirement already satisfied: numpy in /home/user/.local/lib/python3.5/site-packages. How do I install numpy for python 3.6?



That's the exception I get when importing numpy:



Python 3.6.3 (default, Oct 6 2017, 08:44:35) [GCC 6.3.0 20170406] on linux Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> import numpy
Traceback (most recent call last): File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module> ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'numpy' Error in sys.excepthook: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/apport_python_hook.py", line 63, in apport_excepthook
from apport.fileutils import likely_packaged, get_recent_crashes File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/apport/__init__.py", line 5, in <module>
from apport.report import Report File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/apport/report.py", line 30, in <module>
import apport.fileutils File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/apport/fileutils.py", line 23, in <module>
from apport.packaging_impl import impl as packaging File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/apport/packaging_impl.py", line 24, in <module>
import apt File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/apt/__init__.py", line 23, in <module>
import apt_pkg ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'apt_pkg'

Original exception was: Traceback (most recent call last): File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module> ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'numpy'
>>>


Thanks







share|improve this question














I have both python3.5 and python3.6 in my computer. When I try to import python in numpy3.6, I get an error. When I try to install numpy through sudo pip3 install numpy, I get the message Requirement already satisfied: numpy in /home/user/.local/lib/python3.5/site-packages. How do I install numpy for python 3.6?



That's the exception I get when importing numpy:



Python 3.6.3 (default, Oct 6 2017, 08:44:35) [GCC 6.3.0 20170406] on linux Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> import numpy
Traceback (most recent call last): File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module> ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'numpy' Error in sys.excepthook: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/apport_python_hook.py", line 63, in apport_excepthook
from apport.fileutils import likely_packaged, get_recent_crashes File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/apport/__init__.py", line 5, in <module>
from apport.report import Report File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/apport/report.py", line 30, in <module>
import apport.fileutils File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/apport/fileutils.py", line 23, in <module>
from apport.packaging_impl import impl as packaging File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/apport/packaging_impl.py", line 24, in <module>
import apt File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/apt/__init__.py", line 23, in <module>
import apt_pkg ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'apt_pkg'

Original exception was: Traceback (most recent call last): File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module> ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'numpy'
>>>


Thanks









share|improve this question













share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited May 15 at 6:19

























asked May 14 at 21:13









user1767774

1106




1106











  • Related: askubuntu.com/q/1035826/250300
    – Melebius
    May 15 at 6:26

















  • Related: askubuntu.com/q/1035826/250300
    – Melebius
    May 15 at 6:26
















Related: askubuntu.com/q/1035826/250300
– Melebius
May 15 at 6:26





Related: askubuntu.com/q/1035826/250300
– Melebius
May 15 at 6:26











1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes

















up vote
1
down vote



accepted










make sure pip is installed with:



wget https://bootstrap.pypa.io/get-pip.py


and:



sudo python3.6 get-pip.py


and then you can install numpy with:



sudo python3.6 -m pip install numpy





share|improve this answer






















  • I have followed your answer, but when writing "python3.6 -m pip install numpy" I get the output: Requirement already satisfied: numpy in /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages (1.12.1). I added to the question the full exception I get when importing numpy in python3.6.
    – user1767774
    May 15 at 6:15







  • 1




    solved after adding --upgrade to that command. Thanks!
    – user1767774
    May 15 at 6:33










Your Answer







StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "89"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: false,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);








 

draft saved


draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1036277%2fnumpy-installed-only-for-python3-5-not-for-python3-6%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest






























1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes








1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes








up vote
1
down vote



accepted










make sure pip is installed with:



wget https://bootstrap.pypa.io/get-pip.py


and:



sudo python3.6 get-pip.py


and then you can install numpy with:



sudo python3.6 -m pip install numpy





share|improve this answer






















  • I have followed your answer, but when writing "python3.6 -m pip install numpy" I get the output: Requirement already satisfied: numpy in /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages (1.12.1). I added to the question the full exception I get when importing numpy in python3.6.
    – user1767774
    May 15 at 6:15







  • 1




    solved after adding --upgrade to that command. Thanks!
    – user1767774
    May 15 at 6:33














up vote
1
down vote



accepted










make sure pip is installed with:



wget https://bootstrap.pypa.io/get-pip.py


and:



sudo python3.6 get-pip.py


and then you can install numpy with:



sudo python3.6 -m pip install numpy





share|improve this answer






















  • I have followed your answer, but when writing "python3.6 -m pip install numpy" I get the output: Requirement already satisfied: numpy in /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages (1.12.1). I added to the question the full exception I get when importing numpy in python3.6.
    – user1767774
    May 15 at 6:15







  • 1




    solved after adding --upgrade to that command. Thanks!
    – user1767774
    May 15 at 6:33












up vote
1
down vote



accepted







up vote
1
down vote



accepted






make sure pip is installed with:



wget https://bootstrap.pypa.io/get-pip.py


and:



sudo python3.6 get-pip.py


and then you can install numpy with:



sudo python3.6 -m pip install numpy





share|improve this answer














make sure pip is installed with:



wget https://bootstrap.pypa.io/get-pip.py


and:



sudo python3.6 get-pip.py


and then you can install numpy with:



sudo python3.6 -m pip install numpy






share|improve this answer














share|improve this answer



share|improve this answer








edited Jun 13 at 3:32

























answered May 15 at 1:24









jackw11111

33317




33317











  • I have followed your answer, but when writing "python3.6 -m pip install numpy" I get the output: Requirement already satisfied: numpy in /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages (1.12.1). I added to the question the full exception I get when importing numpy in python3.6.
    – user1767774
    May 15 at 6:15







  • 1




    solved after adding --upgrade to that command. Thanks!
    – user1767774
    May 15 at 6:33
















  • I have followed your answer, but when writing "python3.6 -m pip install numpy" I get the output: Requirement already satisfied: numpy in /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages (1.12.1). I added to the question the full exception I get when importing numpy in python3.6.
    – user1767774
    May 15 at 6:15







  • 1




    solved after adding --upgrade to that command. Thanks!
    – user1767774
    May 15 at 6:33















I have followed your answer, but when writing "python3.6 -m pip install numpy" I get the output: Requirement already satisfied: numpy in /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages (1.12.1). I added to the question the full exception I get when importing numpy in python3.6.
– user1767774
May 15 at 6:15





I have followed your answer, but when writing "python3.6 -m pip install numpy" I get the output: Requirement already satisfied: numpy in /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages (1.12.1). I added to the question the full exception I get when importing numpy in python3.6.
– user1767774
May 15 at 6:15





1




1




solved after adding --upgrade to that command. Thanks!
– user1767774
May 15 at 6:33




solved after adding --upgrade to that command. Thanks!
– user1767774
May 15 at 6:33












 

draft saved


draft discarded


























 


draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1036277%2fnumpy-installed-only-for-python3-5-not-for-python3-6%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest













































































Popular posts from this blog

Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error