Can't install Minecraft on Kubuntu 18.04

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
2
down vote

favorite












I've been perplexed by this Java issue for about 4 days now. I recently upgraded to Kubuntu 18.04 and am trying to get Minecraft to work to no avail. Here are my error messages:



nathan@Corbit:~/Minecraft$ sudo java -jar Minecraft.jar 
Bootstrap (v5)
Current time is May 10, 2018 7:05:05 AM
System.getProperty('os.name') == 'Linux'
System.getProperty('os.version') == '4.15.0-21-generic'
System.getProperty('os.arch') == 'amd64'
System.getProperty('java.version') == '1.8.0_171'
System.getProperty('java.vendor') == 'Oracle Corporation'
System.getProperty('sun.arch.data.model') == '64'`

`Downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/launcher/launcher.pack.lzma
Exception: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected error: java.security.InvalidAlgorithmParameterException: the trustAnchors parameter must be non-empty
Downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/launcher/launcher.pack.lzma (try 2/10)
Exception: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected error: java.security.InvalidAlgorithmParameterException: the trustAnchors parameter must be non-empty
Downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/launcher/launcher.pack.lzma (try 3/10)
Exception: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected error: java.security.InvalidAlgorithmParameterException: the trustAnchors parameter must be non-empty
Downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/launcher/launcher.pack.lzma (try 4/10)
Exception: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected error: java.security.InvalidAlgorithmParameterException: the trustAnchors parameter must be non-empty
Downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/launcher/launcher.pack.lzma (try 5/10)
Exception: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected error: java.security.InvalidAlgorithmParameterException: the trustAnchors parameter must be non-empty
Downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/launcher/launcher.pack.lzma (try 6/10)
Exception: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected error: java.security.InvalidAlgorithmParameterException: the trustAnchors parameter must be non-empty
Downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/launcher/launcher.pack.lzma (try 7/10)
Exception: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected error: java.security.InvalidAlgorithmParameterException: the trustAnchors parameter must be non-empty
Downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/launcher/launcher.pack.lzma (try 8/10)
Exception: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected error: java.security.InvalidAlgorithmParameterException: the trustAnchors parameter must be non-empty
Downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/launcher/launcher.pack.lzma (try 9/10)
Exception: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected error: java.security.InvalidAlgorithmParameterException: the trustAnchors parameter must be non-empty
Downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/launcher/launcher.pack.lzma (try 10/10)
Exception: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected error: java.security.InvalidAlgorithmParameterException: the trustAnchors parameter must be non-empty
Unable to download remote file. Check your internet connection/proxy settings.
FATAL ERROR: net.minecraft.bootstrap.FatalBootstrapError: Unable to download while being forced
at net.minecraft.bootstrap.Bootstrap.execute(Bootstrap.java:95)
at net.minecraft.bootstrap.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:381)


I've tried updating my certificates, verified that port 25565 is open, made an exception for said port in UFW even though I have it disabled, used several versions of OPENjdk and Oracle, Used several different archived versions of Minecraft.jar, tried running as root (as you can see), but I have gotten nowhere.







share|improve this question


























    up vote
    2
    down vote

    favorite












    I've been perplexed by this Java issue for about 4 days now. I recently upgraded to Kubuntu 18.04 and am trying to get Minecraft to work to no avail. Here are my error messages:



    nathan@Corbit:~/Minecraft$ sudo java -jar Minecraft.jar 
    Bootstrap (v5)
    Current time is May 10, 2018 7:05:05 AM
    System.getProperty('os.name') == 'Linux'
    System.getProperty('os.version') == '4.15.0-21-generic'
    System.getProperty('os.arch') == 'amd64'
    System.getProperty('java.version') == '1.8.0_171'
    System.getProperty('java.vendor') == 'Oracle Corporation'
    System.getProperty('sun.arch.data.model') == '64'`

    `Downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/launcher/launcher.pack.lzma
    Exception: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected error: java.security.InvalidAlgorithmParameterException: the trustAnchors parameter must be non-empty
    Downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/launcher/launcher.pack.lzma (try 2/10)
    Exception: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected error: java.security.InvalidAlgorithmParameterException: the trustAnchors parameter must be non-empty
    Downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/launcher/launcher.pack.lzma (try 3/10)
    Exception: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected error: java.security.InvalidAlgorithmParameterException: the trustAnchors parameter must be non-empty
    Downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/launcher/launcher.pack.lzma (try 4/10)
    Exception: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected error: java.security.InvalidAlgorithmParameterException: the trustAnchors parameter must be non-empty
    Downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/launcher/launcher.pack.lzma (try 5/10)
    Exception: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected error: java.security.InvalidAlgorithmParameterException: the trustAnchors parameter must be non-empty
    Downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/launcher/launcher.pack.lzma (try 6/10)
    Exception: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected error: java.security.InvalidAlgorithmParameterException: the trustAnchors parameter must be non-empty
    Downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/launcher/launcher.pack.lzma (try 7/10)
    Exception: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected error: java.security.InvalidAlgorithmParameterException: the trustAnchors parameter must be non-empty
    Downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/launcher/launcher.pack.lzma (try 8/10)
    Exception: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected error: java.security.InvalidAlgorithmParameterException: the trustAnchors parameter must be non-empty
    Downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/launcher/launcher.pack.lzma (try 9/10)
    Exception: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected error: java.security.InvalidAlgorithmParameterException: the trustAnchors parameter must be non-empty
    Downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/launcher/launcher.pack.lzma (try 10/10)
    Exception: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected error: java.security.InvalidAlgorithmParameterException: the trustAnchors parameter must be non-empty
    Unable to download remote file. Check your internet connection/proxy settings.
    FATAL ERROR: net.minecraft.bootstrap.FatalBootstrapError: Unable to download while being forced
    at net.minecraft.bootstrap.Bootstrap.execute(Bootstrap.java:95)
    at net.minecraft.bootstrap.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:381)


    I've tried updating my certificates, verified that port 25565 is open, made an exception for said port in UFW even though I have it disabled, used several versions of OPENjdk and Oracle, Used several different archived versions of Minecraft.jar, tried running as root (as you can see), but I have gotten nowhere.







    share|improve this question
























      up vote
      2
      down vote

      favorite









      up vote
      2
      down vote

      favorite











      I've been perplexed by this Java issue for about 4 days now. I recently upgraded to Kubuntu 18.04 and am trying to get Minecraft to work to no avail. Here are my error messages:



      nathan@Corbit:~/Minecraft$ sudo java -jar Minecraft.jar 
      Bootstrap (v5)
      Current time is May 10, 2018 7:05:05 AM
      System.getProperty('os.name') == 'Linux'
      System.getProperty('os.version') == '4.15.0-21-generic'
      System.getProperty('os.arch') == 'amd64'
      System.getProperty('java.version') == '1.8.0_171'
      System.getProperty('java.vendor') == 'Oracle Corporation'
      System.getProperty('sun.arch.data.model') == '64'`

      `Downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/launcher/launcher.pack.lzma
      Exception: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected error: java.security.InvalidAlgorithmParameterException: the trustAnchors parameter must be non-empty
      Downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/launcher/launcher.pack.lzma (try 2/10)
      Exception: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected error: java.security.InvalidAlgorithmParameterException: the trustAnchors parameter must be non-empty
      Downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/launcher/launcher.pack.lzma (try 3/10)
      Exception: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected error: java.security.InvalidAlgorithmParameterException: the trustAnchors parameter must be non-empty
      Downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/launcher/launcher.pack.lzma (try 4/10)
      Exception: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected error: java.security.InvalidAlgorithmParameterException: the trustAnchors parameter must be non-empty
      Downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/launcher/launcher.pack.lzma (try 5/10)
      Exception: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected error: java.security.InvalidAlgorithmParameterException: the trustAnchors parameter must be non-empty
      Downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/launcher/launcher.pack.lzma (try 6/10)
      Exception: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected error: java.security.InvalidAlgorithmParameterException: the trustAnchors parameter must be non-empty
      Downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/launcher/launcher.pack.lzma (try 7/10)
      Exception: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected error: java.security.InvalidAlgorithmParameterException: the trustAnchors parameter must be non-empty
      Downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/launcher/launcher.pack.lzma (try 8/10)
      Exception: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected error: java.security.InvalidAlgorithmParameterException: the trustAnchors parameter must be non-empty
      Downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/launcher/launcher.pack.lzma (try 9/10)
      Exception: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected error: java.security.InvalidAlgorithmParameterException: the trustAnchors parameter must be non-empty
      Downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/launcher/launcher.pack.lzma (try 10/10)
      Exception: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected error: java.security.InvalidAlgorithmParameterException: the trustAnchors parameter must be non-empty
      Unable to download remote file. Check your internet connection/proxy settings.
      FATAL ERROR: net.minecraft.bootstrap.FatalBootstrapError: Unable to download while being forced
      at net.minecraft.bootstrap.Bootstrap.execute(Bootstrap.java:95)
      at net.minecraft.bootstrap.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:381)


      I've tried updating my certificates, verified that port 25565 is open, made an exception for said port in UFW even though I have it disabled, used several versions of OPENjdk and Oracle, Used several different archived versions of Minecraft.jar, tried running as root (as you can see), but I have gotten nowhere.







      share|improve this question














      I've been perplexed by this Java issue for about 4 days now. I recently upgraded to Kubuntu 18.04 and am trying to get Minecraft to work to no avail. Here are my error messages:



      nathan@Corbit:~/Minecraft$ sudo java -jar Minecraft.jar 
      Bootstrap (v5)
      Current time is May 10, 2018 7:05:05 AM
      System.getProperty('os.name') == 'Linux'
      System.getProperty('os.version') == '4.15.0-21-generic'
      System.getProperty('os.arch') == 'amd64'
      System.getProperty('java.version') == '1.8.0_171'
      System.getProperty('java.vendor') == 'Oracle Corporation'
      System.getProperty('sun.arch.data.model') == '64'`

      `Downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/launcher/launcher.pack.lzma
      Exception: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected error: java.security.InvalidAlgorithmParameterException: the trustAnchors parameter must be non-empty
      Downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/launcher/launcher.pack.lzma (try 2/10)
      Exception: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected error: java.security.InvalidAlgorithmParameterException: the trustAnchors parameter must be non-empty
      Downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/launcher/launcher.pack.lzma (try 3/10)
      Exception: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected error: java.security.InvalidAlgorithmParameterException: the trustAnchors parameter must be non-empty
      Downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/launcher/launcher.pack.lzma (try 4/10)
      Exception: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected error: java.security.InvalidAlgorithmParameterException: the trustAnchors parameter must be non-empty
      Downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/launcher/launcher.pack.lzma (try 5/10)
      Exception: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected error: java.security.InvalidAlgorithmParameterException: the trustAnchors parameter must be non-empty
      Downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/launcher/launcher.pack.lzma (try 6/10)
      Exception: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected error: java.security.InvalidAlgorithmParameterException: the trustAnchors parameter must be non-empty
      Downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/launcher/launcher.pack.lzma (try 7/10)
      Exception: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected error: java.security.InvalidAlgorithmParameterException: the trustAnchors parameter must be non-empty
      Downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/launcher/launcher.pack.lzma (try 8/10)
      Exception: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected error: java.security.InvalidAlgorithmParameterException: the trustAnchors parameter must be non-empty
      Downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/launcher/launcher.pack.lzma (try 9/10)
      Exception: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected error: java.security.InvalidAlgorithmParameterException: the trustAnchors parameter must be non-empty
      Downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/launcher/launcher.pack.lzma (try 10/10)
      Exception: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected error: java.security.InvalidAlgorithmParameterException: the trustAnchors parameter must be non-empty
      Unable to download remote file. Check your internet connection/proxy settings.
      FATAL ERROR: net.minecraft.bootstrap.FatalBootstrapError: Unable to download while being forced
      at net.minecraft.bootstrap.Bootstrap.execute(Bootstrap.java:95)
      at net.minecraft.bootstrap.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:381)


      I've tried updating my certificates, verified that port 25565 is open, made an exception for said port in UFW even though I have it disabled, used several versions of OPENjdk and Oracle, Used several different archived versions of Minecraft.jar, tried running as root (as you can see), but I have gotten nowhere.









      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question








      edited May 13 at 1:55









      karel

      49.8k11106127




      49.8k11106127










      asked May 10 at 11:33









      Corbit

      111




      111




















          2 Answers
          2






          active

          oldest

          votes

















          up vote
          0
          down vote













          I also had the same problem, and it was resolved with the following command:



          sudo snap install minecraft


          To start Minecraft run the following command:



          minecraft





          share|improve this answer





























            up vote
            0
            down vote













            To solve the problem in kubuntu 18.04 I did:



            sudo rm /etc/ssl/certs/java/cacerts


            and then:



            sudo update-ca-certificates -f


            (Don't run java with sudo)






            share|improve this answer




















              Your Answer







              StackExchange.ready(function()
              var channelOptions =
              tags: "".split(" "),
              id: "89"
              ;
              initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

              StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
              // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
              if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
              StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
              createEditor();
              );

              else
              createEditor();

              );

              function createEditor()
              StackExchange.prepareEditor(
              heartbeatType: 'answer',
              convertImagesToLinks: true,
              noModals: false,
              showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
              reputationToPostImages: 10,
              bindNavPrevention: true,
              postfix: "",
              onDemand: true,
              discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
              ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
              );



              );








               

              draft saved


              draft discarded


















              StackExchange.ready(
              function ()
              StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1034457%2fcant-install-minecraft-on-kubuntu-18-04%23new-answer', 'question_page');

              );

              Post as a guest






























              2 Answers
              2






              active

              oldest

              votes








              2 Answers
              2






              active

              oldest

              votes









              active

              oldest

              votes






              active

              oldest

              votes








              up vote
              0
              down vote













              I also had the same problem, and it was resolved with the following command:



              sudo snap install minecraft


              To start Minecraft run the following command:



              minecraft





              share|improve this answer


























                up vote
                0
                down vote













                I also had the same problem, and it was resolved with the following command:



                sudo snap install minecraft


                To start Minecraft run the following command:



                minecraft





                share|improve this answer
























                  up vote
                  0
                  down vote










                  up vote
                  0
                  down vote









                  I also had the same problem, and it was resolved with the following command:



                  sudo snap install minecraft


                  To start Minecraft run the following command:



                  minecraft





                  share|improve this answer














                  I also had the same problem, and it was resolved with the following command:



                  sudo snap install minecraft


                  To start Minecraft run the following command:



                  minecraft






                  share|improve this answer














                  share|improve this answer



                  share|improve this answer








                  edited May 13 at 1:52









                  karel

                  49.8k11106127




                  49.8k11106127










                  answered May 12 at 6:27









                  user828952

                  11




                  11






















                      up vote
                      0
                      down vote













                      To solve the problem in kubuntu 18.04 I did:



                      sudo rm /etc/ssl/certs/java/cacerts


                      and then:



                      sudo update-ca-certificates -f


                      (Don't run java with sudo)






                      share|improve this answer
























                        up vote
                        0
                        down vote













                        To solve the problem in kubuntu 18.04 I did:



                        sudo rm /etc/ssl/certs/java/cacerts


                        and then:



                        sudo update-ca-certificates -f


                        (Don't run java with sudo)






                        share|improve this answer






















                          up vote
                          0
                          down vote










                          up vote
                          0
                          down vote









                          To solve the problem in kubuntu 18.04 I did:



                          sudo rm /etc/ssl/certs/java/cacerts


                          and then:



                          sudo update-ca-certificates -f


                          (Don't run java with sudo)






                          share|improve this answer












                          To solve the problem in kubuntu 18.04 I did:



                          sudo rm /etc/ssl/certs/java/cacerts


                          and then:



                          sudo update-ca-certificates -f


                          (Don't run java with sudo)







                          share|improve this answer












                          share|improve this answer



                          share|improve this answer










                          answered May 30 at 22:46









                          lenooh

                          347210




                          347210






















                               

                              draft saved


                              draft discarded


























                               


                              draft saved


                              draft discarded














                              StackExchange.ready(
                              function ()
                              StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1034457%2fcant-install-minecraft-on-kubuntu-18-04%23new-answer', 'question_page');

                              );

                              Post as a guest













































































                              Popular posts from this blog

                              Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

                              How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

                              Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error