vino on Ubuntu 18.04, how to change default port 5900

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
0
down vote

favorite
1












I'm use Xorg option and normally SSH into this machine and forward X. I wanted to change 5900 port as part of security layer.



I've tried old method of using dconf-editor to change default port with effect.



I suppose there is a command line was via gsetting or gconftool but I cannot find it and the Archwiki refers to a vin38 which I also cannot find.



Any guidance would be appreciated.







share|improve this question




















  • I installed vino in Lubuntu 18.04 and tried to set-up password etc using dconf-editor (vino-preferences does nothing), but I cannot log-in to that computer's desktop remotely. Did you use dconf-editor to set it up?
    – vasilis74
    May 25 at 2:26










  • Hi and thanks for your previous answer you deleted, sorry for the -1. If the actual problem is that vino did not work at all, I mean at any port, probably the problem is that vino needs a base64 encoded password, but dconf-editor cannot set this password to vino. I think I found the solution to the problem, if the actual problem is not connecting at all, can post answer.
    – vasilis74
    Jun 10 at 12:34















up vote
0
down vote

favorite
1












I'm use Xorg option and normally SSH into this machine and forward X. I wanted to change 5900 port as part of security layer.



I've tried old method of using dconf-editor to change default port with effect.



I suppose there is a command line was via gsetting or gconftool but I cannot find it and the Archwiki refers to a vin38 which I also cannot find.



Any guidance would be appreciated.







share|improve this question




















  • I installed vino in Lubuntu 18.04 and tried to set-up password etc using dconf-editor (vino-preferences does nothing), but I cannot log-in to that computer's desktop remotely. Did you use dconf-editor to set it up?
    – vasilis74
    May 25 at 2:26










  • Hi and thanks for your previous answer you deleted, sorry for the -1. If the actual problem is that vino did not work at all, I mean at any port, probably the problem is that vino needs a base64 encoded password, but dconf-editor cannot set this password to vino. I think I found the solution to the problem, if the actual problem is not connecting at all, can post answer.
    – vasilis74
    Jun 10 at 12:34













up vote
0
down vote

favorite
1









up vote
0
down vote

favorite
1






1





I'm use Xorg option and normally SSH into this machine and forward X. I wanted to change 5900 port as part of security layer.



I've tried old method of using dconf-editor to change default port with effect.



I suppose there is a command line was via gsetting or gconftool but I cannot find it and the Archwiki refers to a vin38 which I also cannot find.



Any guidance would be appreciated.







share|improve this question












I'm use Xorg option and normally SSH into this machine and forward X. I wanted to change 5900 port as part of security layer.



I've tried old method of using dconf-editor to change default port with effect.



I suppose there is a command line was via gsetting or gconftool but I cannot find it and the Archwiki refers to a vin38 which I also cannot find.



Any guidance would be appreciated.









share|improve this question











share|improve this question




share|improve this question










asked May 24 at 11:11









Andrew Barker

1




1











  • I installed vino in Lubuntu 18.04 and tried to set-up password etc using dconf-editor (vino-preferences does nothing), but I cannot log-in to that computer's desktop remotely. Did you use dconf-editor to set it up?
    – vasilis74
    May 25 at 2:26










  • Hi and thanks for your previous answer you deleted, sorry for the -1. If the actual problem is that vino did not work at all, I mean at any port, probably the problem is that vino needs a base64 encoded password, but dconf-editor cannot set this password to vino. I think I found the solution to the problem, if the actual problem is not connecting at all, can post answer.
    – vasilis74
    Jun 10 at 12:34

















  • I installed vino in Lubuntu 18.04 and tried to set-up password etc using dconf-editor (vino-preferences does nothing), but I cannot log-in to that computer's desktop remotely. Did you use dconf-editor to set it up?
    – vasilis74
    May 25 at 2:26










  • Hi and thanks for your previous answer you deleted, sorry for the -1. If the actual problem is that vino did not work at all, I mean at any port, probably the problem is that vino needs a base64 encoded password, but dconf-editor cannot set this password to vino. I think I found the solution to the problem, if the actual problem is not connecting at all, can post answer.
    – vasilis74
    Jun 10 at 12:34
















I installed vino in Lubuntu 18.04 and tried to set-up password etc using dconf-editor (vino-preferences does nothing), but I cannot log-in to that computer's desktop remotely. Did you use dconf-editor to set it up?
– vasilis74
May 25 at 2:26




I installed vino in Lubuntu 18.04 and tried to set-up password etc using dconf-editor (vino-preferences does nothing), but I cannot log-in to that computer's desktop remotely. Did you use dconf-editor to set it up?
– vasilis74
May 25 at 2:26












Hi and thanks for your previous answer you deleted, sorry for the -1. If the actual problem is that vino did not work at all, I mean at any port, probably the problem is that vino needs a base64 encoded password, but dconf-editor cannot set this password to vino. I think I found the solution to the problem, if the actual problem is not connecting at all, can post answer.
– vasilis74
Jun 10 at 12:34





Hi and thanks for your previous answer you deleted, sorry for the -1. If the actual problem is that vino did not work at all, I mean at any port, probably the problem is that vino needs a base64 encoded password, but dconf-editor cannot set this password to vino. I think I found the solution to the problem, if the actual problem is not connecting at all, can post answer.
– vasilis74
Jun 10 at 12:34
















active

oldest

votes











Your Answer







StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "89"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: false,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);








 

draft saved


draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1039787%2fvino-on-ubuntu-18-04-how-to-change-default-port-5900%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest



































active

oldest

votes













active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes










 

draft saved


draft discarded


























 


draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1039787%2fvino-on-ubuntu-18-04-how-to-change-default-port-5900%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest













































































Popular posts from this blog

Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error