cannot share wired network connection in 18.04

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
1
down vote

favorite












I had been sharing my network connection through my computer (previously windows 10) with two other computers using usb-ethernet adaptors, and I can't get it to work now that my host computer is running Ubuntu 18.04.



The three wired connections appear in network settings as expected, but I don't know how to configure them to share internet and network.



Tutorials on the internet show a different network settings UI, with IPv4 Settings tab Method: "Shared to other computers". I don't have the option "Shared to other computers" and "Link-Local Only" does not seem to work.



How can I share one wired connection with two others?







share|improve this question
























    up vote
    1
    down vote

    favorite












    I had been sharing my network connection through my computer (previously windows 10) with two other computers using usb-ethernet adaptors, and I can't get it to work now that my host computer is running Ubuntu 18.04.



    The three wired connections appear in network settings as expected, but I don't know how to configure them to share internet and network.



    Tutorials on the internet show a different network settings UI, with IPv4 Settings tab Method: "Shared to other computers". I don't have the option "Shared to other computers" and "Link-Local Only" does not seem to work.



    How can I share one wired connection with two others?







    share|improve this question






















      up vote
      1
      down vote

      favorite









      up vote
      1
      down vote

      favorite











      I had been sharing my network connection through my computer (previously windows 10) with two other computers using usb-ethernet adaptors, and I can't get it to work now that my host computer is running Ubuntu 18.04.



      The three wired connections appear in network settings as expected, but I don't know how to configure them to share internet and network.



      Tutorials on the internet show a different network settings UI, with IPv4 Settings tab Method: "Shared to other computers". I don't have the option "Shared to other computers" and "Link-Local Only" does not seem to work.



      How can I share one wired connection with two others?







      share|improve this question












      I had been sharing my network connection through my computer (previously windows 10) with two other computers using usb-ethernet adaptors, and I can't get it to work now that my host computer is running Ubuntu 18.04.



      The three wired connections appear in network settings as expected, but I don't know how to configure them to share internet and network.



      Tutorials on the internet show a different network settings UI, with IPv4 Settings tab Method: "Shared to other computers". I don't have the option "Shared to other computers" and "Link-Local Only" does not seem to work.



      How can I share one wired connection with two others?









      share|improve this question











      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question










      asked May 24 at 16:44









      Chris Lundy

      335




      335




















          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes

















          up vote
          1
          down vote



          accepted










          The graphical program that shows the feature you need is



          nm-connection-editor



          You can launch it from a terminal window or with Alt+F2



          Higlight an adapter and hit the cog






          share|improve this answer




















          • Thank you! That was what I needed, now it works perfectly.
            – Chris Lundy
            May 24 at 23:45










          Your Answer







          StackExchange.ready(function()
          var channelOptions =
          tags: "".split(" "),
          id: "89"
          ;
          initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
          // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
          if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
          createEditor();
          );

          else
          createEditor();

          );

          function createEditor()
          StackExchange.prepareEditor(
          heartbeatType: 'answer',
          convertImagesToLinks: true,
          noModals: false,
          showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
          reputationToPostImages: 10,
          bindNavPrevention: true,
          postfix: "",
          onDemand: true,
          discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
          ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
          );



          );








           

          draft saved


          draft discarded


















          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1039907%2fcannot-share-wired-network-connection-in-18-04%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest






























          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes








          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes









          active

          oldest

          votes






          active

          oldest

          votes








          up vote
          1
          down vote



          accepted










          The graphical program that shows the feature you need is



          nm-connection-editor



          You can launch it from a terminal window or with Alt+F2



          Higlight an adapter and hit the cog






          share|improve this answer




















          • Thank you! That was what I needed, now it works perfectly.
            – Chris Lundy
            May 24 at 23:45














          up vote
          1
          down vote



          accepted










          The graphical program that shows the feature you need is



          nm-connection-editor



          You can launch it from a terminal window or with Alt+F2



          Higlight an adapter and hit the cog






          share|improve this answer




















          • Thank you! That was what I needed, now it works perfectly.
            – Chris Lundy
            May 24 at 23:45












          up vote
          1
          down vote



          accepted







          up vote
          1
          down vote



          accepted






          The graphical program that shows the feature you need is



          nm-connection-editor



          You can launch it from a terminal window or with Alt+F2



          Higlight an adapter and hit the cog






          share|improve this answer












          The graphical program that shows the feature you need is



          nm-connection-editor



          You can launch it from a terminal window or with Alt+F2



          Higlight an adapter and hit the cog







          share|improve this answer












          share|improve this answer



          share|improve this answer










          answered May 24 at 17:22









          cmak.fr

          1,529918




          1,529918











          • Thank you! That was what I needed, now it works perfectly.
            – Chris Lundy
            May 24 at 23:45
















          • Thank you! That was what I needed, now it works perfectly.
            – Chris Lundy
            May 24 at 23:45















          Thank you! That was what I needed, now it works perfectly.
          – Chris Lundy
          May 24 at 23:45




          Thank you! That was what I needed, now it works perfectly.
          – Chris Lundy
          May 24 at 23:45












           

          draft saved


          draft discarded


























           


          draft saved


          draft discarded














          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1039907%2fcannot-share-wired-network-connection-in-18-04%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest













































































          Popular posts from this blog

          Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

          How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

          Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error