Ubuntu 16.04 Persistent - Installing Nvidia Proprietary drivers(Post Login Loop)

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
1
down vote

favorite












I want to do light gaming with my GT 710. So I went I ahead and installed the proprietary drivers through GUI method. I got a login Loop. I fixed the loop but now I want to install the drivers without getting the loop. What do you guys suggest to do?










share|improve this question





















  • Have you tried the answers here: askubuntu.com/questions/61396/… ?
    – Terrance
    Mar 9 at 4:26






  • 1




    You can not install the nvidia driver in persist mode you would have to remaster the iso. Persistence is a way to access data but does not act as a normal installation
    – Panther
    Mar 9 at 5:06










  • You can make an installed system in a USB drive (installed like into an internal drive). See this link, Boot Ubuntu from external drive. You can install a proprietary driver in this system (and it will work in computers, that work with that driver, but maybe not in other computers).
    – sudodus
    Mar 9 at 9:58















up vote
1
down vote

favorite












I want to do light gaming with my GT 710. So I went I ahead and installed the proprietary drivers through GUI method. I got a login Loop. I fixed the loop but now I want to install the drivers without getting the loop. What do you guys suggest to do?










share|improve this question





















  • Have you tried the answers here: askubuntu.com/questions/61396/… ?
    – Terrance
    Mar 9 at 4:26






  • 1




    You can not install the nvidia driver in persist mode you would have to remaster the iso. Persistence is a way to access data but does not act as a normal installation
    – Panther
    Mar 9 at 5:06










  • You can make an installed system in a USB drive (installed like into an internal drive). See this link, Boot Ubuntu from external drive. You can install a proprietary driver in this system (and it will work in computers, that work with that driver, but maybe not in other computers).
    – sudodus
    Mar 9 at 9:58













up vote
1
down vote

favorite









up vote
1
down vote

favorite











I want to do light gaming with my GT 710. So I went I ahead and installed the proprietary drivers through GUI method. I got a login Loop. I fixed the loop but now I want to install the drivers without getting the loop. What do you guys suggest to do?










share|improve this question













I want to do light gaming with my GT 710. So I went I ahead and installed the proprietary drivers through GUI method. I got a login Loop. I fixed the loop but now I want to install the drivers without getting the loop. What do you guys suggest to do?







drivers nvidia graphics






share|improve this question













share|improve this question











share|improve this question




share|improve this question










asked Mar 9 at 2:26









Rupansh Sekar

162




162











  • Have you tried the answers here: askubuntu.com/questions/61396/… ?
    – Terrance
    Mar 9 at 4:26






  • 1




    You can not install the nvidia driver in persist mode you would have to remaster the iso. Persistence is a way to access data but does not act as a normal installation
    – Panther
    Mar 9 at 5:06










  • You can make an installed system in a USB drive (installed like into an internal drive). See this link, Boot Ubuntu from external drive. You can install a proprietary driver in this system (and it will work in computers, that work with that driver, but maybe not in other computers).
    – sudodus
    Mar 9 at 9:58

















  • Have you tried the answers here: askubuntu.com/questions/61396/… ?
    – Terrance
    Mar 9 at 4:26






  • 1




    You can not install the nvidia driver in persist mode you would have to remaster the iso. Persistence is a way to access data but does not act as a normal installation
    – Panther
    Mar 9 at 5:06










  • You can make an installed system in a USB drive (installed like into an internal drive). See this link, Boot Ubuntu from external drive. You can install a proprietary driver in this system (and it will work in computers, that work with that driver, but maybe not in other computers).
    – sudodus
    Mar 9 at 9:58
















Have you tried the answers here: askubuntu.com/questions/61396/… ?
– Terrance
Mar 9 at 4:26




Have you tried the answers here: askubuntu.com/questions/61396/… ?
– Terrance
Mar 9 at 4:26




1




1




You can not install the nvidia driver in persist mode you would have to remaster the iso. Persistence is a way to access data but does not act as a normal installation
– Panther
Mar 9 at 5:06




You can not install the nvidia driver in persist mode you would have to remaster the iso. Persistence is a way to access data but does not act as a normal installation
– Panther
Mar 9 at 5:06












You can make an installed system in a USB drive (installed like into an internal drive). See this link, Boot Ubuntu from external drive. You can install a proprietary driver in this system (and it will work in computers, that work with that driver, but maybe not in other computers).
– sudodus
Mar 9 at 9:58





You can make an installed system in a USB drive (installed like into an internal drive). See this link, Boot Ubuntu from external drive. You can install a proprietary driver in this system (and it will work in computers, that work with that driver, but maybe not in other computers).
– sudodus
Mar 9 at 9:58











1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes

















up vote
0
down vote













What finally fixed the problem for me was disabling the UEFI secure boot option for my OS:



  1. Enter your UEFI Bios utility on boot and navigate to advanced mode.


  2. Disable fast boot


  3. Go to boot/secure boot and change OS type to "Other OS"

  4. Save and restart

http://www.rodsbooks.com/efi-bootloaders/secureboot.html#disable






share|improve this answer






















  • To prevent the effects of link-rot, would you please show the basic steps?
    – SDsolar
    May 30 at 21:16










Your Answer







StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "89"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: false,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);













 

draft saved


draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1013283%2fubuntu-16-04-persistent-installing-nvidia-proprietary-driverspost-login-loop%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest






























1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes








1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes








up vote
0
down vote













What finally fixed the problem for me was disabling the UEFI secure boot option for my OS:



  1. Enter your UEFI Bios utility on boot and navigate to advanced mode.


  2. Disable fast boot


  3. Go to boot/secure boot and change OS type to "Other OS"

  4. Save and restart

http://www.rodsbooks.com/efi-bootloaders/secureboot.html#disable






share|improve this answer






















  • To prevent the effects of link-rot, would you please show the basic steps?
    – SDsolar
    May 30 at 21:16














up vote
0
down vote













What finally fixed the problem for me was disabling the UEFI secure boot option for my OS:



  1. Enter your UEFI Bios utility on boot and navigate to advanced mode.


  2. Disable fast boot


  3. Go to boot/secure boot and change OS type to "Other OS"

  4. Save and restart

http://www.rodsbooks.com/efi-bootloaders/secureboot.html#disable






share|improve this answer






















  • To prevent the effects of link-rot, would you please show the basic steps?
    – SDsolar
    May 30 at 21:16












up vote
0
down vote










up vote
0
down vote









What finally fixed the problem for me was disabling the UEFI secure boot option for my OS:



  1. Enter your UEFI Bios utility on boot and navigate to advanced mode.


  2. Disable fast boot


  3. Go to boot/secure boot and change OS type to "Other OS"

  4. Save and restart

http://www.rodsbooks.com/efi-bootloaders/secureboot.html#disable






share|improve this answer














What finally fixed the problem for me was disabling the UEFI secure boot option for my OS:



  1. Enter your UEFI Bios utility on boot and navigate to advanced mode.


  2. Disable fast boot


  3. Go to boot/secure boot and change OS type to "Other OS"

  4. Save and restart

http://www.rodsbooks.com/efi-bootloaders/secureboot.html#disable







share|improve this answer














share|improve this answer



share|improve this answer








edited May 30 at 21:26

























answered May 30 at 18:50









Aaron Oppenheimer

11




11











  • To prevent the effects of link-rot, would you please show the basic steps?
    – SDsolar
    May 30 at 21:16
















  • To prevent the effects of link-rot, would you please show the basic steps?
    – SDsolar
    May 30 at 21:16















To prevent the effects of link-rot, would you please show the basic steps?
– SDsolar
May 30 at 21:16




To prevent the effects of link-rot, would you please show the basic steps?
– SDsolar
May 30 at 21:16

















 

draft saved


draft discarded















































 


draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1013283%2fubuntu-16-04-persistent-installing-nvidia-proprietary-driverspost-login-loop%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest













































































Popular posts from this blog

Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error